Useful Magick Tips to Overcome Pre-Ritual Worries

People worry over this stuff all the time, so I’m going to clarify some things and ease your mind. Many books set up elaborate rituals and so called rules that you MUST follow (according to the author) or else the ritual or spell will fail. Bullshit.

Commonly asked questions and answers that came straight from demons or my own experience.

**What if I don’t have the correct candle color for a spell or ritual?

No big deal. Candle colors are associated with certain purposes, entities, demons, and so on. Having the correct candle color only serves to make you feel comfortable and confident that all your spell supplies are matching the intent or desired goal outcome. It’s just for your peace of mind only. Like a placebo. So if a spell says red candle and all you have is blue, use it. Don’t focus on the color not matching the ingredients in a spell, if you don’t think about it or dwell on it, it will not matter. As long as your intent is there and the desire for results is strong, you will still succeed.

**My ritual says summon the demon or god to the east, I don’t know which direction is which?

Also, no big deal. Even though that particular direction is associated with the demon or god, you do not have to face that direction to get results. Again, if the intent is there it will not matter. And I’ve never had an entity complain about my direction. I evoke king Paimon to the south all the time and he has not once complained. And every book and online source says summon him only to the west or it will not work. Well, yes it does work so suck it you overly complicated grimoire authors! LOL

**Do I need to draw a circle around my sigil to make it complete?

No. LEAVE THE CIRCLE OUT. It is not necessary, in fact Lucifer told me that the circle can actually entrap the energy of the sigil making it harder to connect with the entity. From the start of my first summoning days I never drew a circle, it just didn’t feel right so I asked Lucifer and Paimon about this one day and they told me to leave it out, it was a distraction for many magicians they said. Although as others have pointed out, some feel like they need the circle, so follow your desires.

**A spell calls for herbs, gemstones, incense, or crystals that I do not have and I am unable to purchase those items in my current situation. What to do?

Again, no big deal. Focus on your intent and outcome MORE than focusing on miniscule details like incense, stones, etc. Those are just like the candles, they only serve to ease your kind and help you better connect to the purpose, goal, god, demon etc. during the ritual because those items are associated with those purposes or entities. The items themselves have NO actual link to the entities or goals, they were just assigned to a specific item because these entities have told magicians they like those items, or magicians have scryed for that info. But the items have no link of any kind, it’s only in your mind and the power you give those items. If you realize the items are just there for focus and are truly not needed, you can feel more comfortable if you have to substitute for something similar or forgo the items all together.

A real magician of any kind, black or white, left or right, can summon, curse, invoke, and cast spells without any tools at all. So if we can do magick without tools and still get the desired outcome, then obviously such tools are not needed. It’s all a placebo effect for your mind. Tools are not necessary, they just help you focus, they look cool, and they make your rituals more elaborate if you like that sort of thing. If you leave a tool out or substitute with something else and it fails, it’s because you were too focused on it and worrying that the missing or replaced item will effect the spell or ritual. Worry, fixation over details, and distraction causes failure!

1 Like

Interesting what you have experienced with the circle around sigils. To me it helps “complete” them because I identify the circle with the universe and thus “sealing” the energy/intent into manifestation in our physical world, but even that difference between our practices outlines the main point that I got from reading this:

The Magick isn’t accomplished by any of these little things that may help us focus or draw us deeper in the experience of the ritual - it’s accomplished by US, by OUR WILL that truly breathes creative life into whatever we choose to use and make use of in this world around us.

Thanks for that reminder, and I’m certain that any newer ritualists reading this will drastically speed up their progress by taking this to heart!

Raven, very well put! I think perhaps the most common reason for magick failing is that folk worry too much about things that are inconsequential. It is the worry that creates the consequence.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:1, topic:6653”]**Do I need to draw a circle around my sigil to make it complete?

No. LEAVE THE CIRCLE OUT. It is not necessary, in fact Lucifer told me that the circle can actually entrap the energy of the sigil making it harder to connect with the entity. From the start of my first summoning days I never drew a circle, it just didn’t feel right so I asked Lucifer and Paimon about this one day and they told me to leave it out, it was a distraction for many magicians they said. Although as others have pointed out, some feel like they need the circle, so follow your desires.[/quote]

I can see that. No matter what your intentions, on an archetypal level, a closed circle has implicit meaning. Contextual baggage which has the potential to come into play and monkeywrench you.

RavensAscent, EA is a minimalist, too. But in one of his videos he states that he believes that certain implements do have inherent power.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjcPj1xp6M]- YouTube

Is this just a point on which you disagree with him?

[quote=“jboy, post:5, topic:6653”]RavensAscent, EA is a minimalist, too. But in one of his videos he states that he believes that certain implements do have inherent power.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjcPj1xp6M]- YouTube

Is this just a point on which you disagree with him?[/quote]

No, I don’t believe that everything is powerless. There have been personal accounts from various sources in the past of strange experiences that occur around certain objects, so I’m not sure not all of those accounts were made up for attention. The govt probably really does have a warehouse 13 of their own somewhere with supposed cursed and powerful objects locked away from the public.

This is no different than views on entities being separate from us or part of our consciousness. Some power is created by us and others are already there and up for the taking. I know crystals and many gems have energy that is not mine, I can feel it buzzing in my hand when I touch them but I’ve never done a conclusive study to see if using the stones amplifies my spells in any way, or if the buzzing energy mixed with my intention makes a spell stronger.

But so far I have not discovered any objects that had their own power outside of me. Energy yes, but actual power no. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist, I just haven’t been lucky enough to possess such an item. I am a minimalist because I see no need to spend money on a supply if I can do something without it but I do own tools that I use because I love the way they look and they make me feel confident when using them.

Like an athame, wand, chalice, and copper wire wrapped crystals for some reason. The stuff they sell in the new age shops is mostly BS, regular everyday items with a fancy label on it and a wicked sounding name of that items purpose, and the items have never been charged or empowered to do those things yet they charge you 10x more for that item because you think it has been empowered. Look on the back of those fancy oil bottles that say ‘get my desires’ or ‘grant my wishes’ they never claim to be charged or ready for use, and some don’t say on the back ‘an oil to grant all your wishes’.

Now if the oil was homemade by a real witch not just some wannabe scam artist on etsy, then yeah it probably will work but commercially made items never do, you pay more for a regular item and end up having to charge it yourself anyway which defeats the purpose of buying it because mostly newbies buy those and they actually need someone to do that for them.