Used to be a Koetting hater

I never was a Koetting hater; but man I sure as hell run into them …alot!
I always keep a pocket full of doubt just to make the ‘prove it’ workable. I did have doubts- which I worked on, and were overthrown— which is what EA enjoys anyway.
is there any “Former Haters”, “Koetting sux!” folk here who are now
not so much?

It is the best thing about EA, and this forum. Feel free to come in and say “BS” all you want, but then study and do the work and come back and lets hear you then.

I could nearly sing a reworded version of “Amazing Grace”- " I once was Un-Attained, but now am not "…

True, it is more about his product, methods and workings, than it is him; no cult of personality needed for function. but I still say, thanks to him because he has passed through tonnages of mistakes and shit, and has positioned himself to where we can avoid alot of it, and at least in my case- Attain with Clear Sight; that which either was hidden or demanded to avoid at all costs.

So, any former “Anti-koettings” on board? love to hear your story

I’m not anti-koetting. But, I don’t use any of his methods or books. I used to dabble in some of his stuff before, but my approach is completely different. I think the only thing I would probably use is sigil opening, but then, that’s not something he came up with anyway.

I think it’s obvious that his stuff works. But I don’t think his stuff is super fucking advanced secrets of the universe. It’s mostly beginner to intermediate. I think he has touched on some of the more advanced stuff, but not anything at length.

The issues I have with him are his marketing tactics. I can’t stand to read his newsletters or watch his videos because of it. It’s just too much.

Well because the most accessible forms of magick that you can learn in England are white-lighty/healing methods, I used to be pretty much against black magick, though of course that was an accepted reality (like a child - you tell them things until they’re accomplished enough to figure shit for themselves) and didn’t stand up to prolonged exploration - nor, thankfully, to the steady coaching of my spirit allies. :slight_smile:

But I was against black magick for a reasonably long period there and also (because it facilitates the work I was doing back then, attaining merger and so on) I was opposed to the creation of new karmic bonds, be that through eating meat or using baneful magick (something I did when I was younger though, so kind of getting back to my roots! lol!!)…

I value that experience, though - I always did my best according to what I knew (or thought I knew) and believed at the time, so while I may have been a little immature in some ways, I stuck true to my integrity and hey, it ain’t over yet - only the stagnating person thinks they have all the answers right now.

The LHP offers the freedom I craved as a child, at my purest I guess, without an overlay of other people’s neuroses, so to have people as intelligent, thoughtful and committed as I’ve found round here really has been a huge support and I’m really grateful for that, I never could bring myself to be a guru-follower in the extreme even when that was what I was TRYING to be, so I’m not putting anyone onto any pedestals, but it’s nice not to be so alone with the specific stuff I’m into.

This is likely why I “Appreciate him”. I am the beginner trying to find a clue; and need someone who is able to reach down and make that which is PHd type stuff, workable and understandable. As well as, willing to admit when he has fkt up and paid for it. Some people are “Always Big”, with no growth curve- and some; sorry even though i don’t know crap- I spent enough time in Sales and marketing classes to know a bullshit sales pitch by someone without the goods they are selling to hear it.

And true enough- there are time when EA’s marketing and or pitch makes me cringe with; “Dude- the sale was so nailed down then you said that”. Thankfully i can look past that stuff.

what annoys me the most are the people, like the guy today who asked me what do i do, then went off on what an ashole evil koetting is and what a liar etc— but has never read one book, and like I called him and he agreed, just parrots all the ‘headlines’ against EA he has read from someone else who likely has attained nothing. Then when I told him to get his stuff, work it, and find out for yourself, he bailed and blocked me. Seems I am a severe threat to everyone ! lol

[quote=“Euoi, post:2, topic:5093”]I’m not anti-koetting. But, I don’t use any of his methods or books. I used to dabble in some of his stuff before, but my approach is completely different. I think the only thing I would probably use is sigil opening, but then, that’s not something he came up with anyway.

I think it’s obvious that his stuff works. But I don’t think his stuff is super fucking advanced secrets of the universe. It’s mostly beginner to intermediate. I think he has touched on some of the more advanced stuff, but not anything at length.

The issues I have with him are his marketing tactics. I can’t stand to read his newsletters or watch his videos because of it. It’s just too much.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more. I have nothing against the man, and I think he’s doing a great service. But… the marketing comes off like a late night infomercial.

If it wasn’t for him, i wouldn’t reach Enlightenment so quickly in my life. For that, I am Eternaly grateful.

While his marketing is a little harsh for my Australian palate, my own studies have forged ahead in leaps & bounds since I first came across him, & for that I am eternally grateful.
Marketing shouldn’t /doesn’t detract from the product & in a modern world I wonder why there are still those that can’t see beyond it.

Which is I believe the differance between ‘Dabblers’ and Real Seekers of Magickal Actualisation. If you only have the drive enough to dabble- small insignificant things like personality marketing, personal past, or out of context quotes, will throw you to the next person who fits your fancy, and you will not likely Study the work, and Do the work. I remember someone once informed me he did not like the way I taught; I kept asking him exactly what did I teach that he did not like; he finally said, “Well I haven’t read the scriptures, you take this all to seriously, for me it is a social situation and i resent you telling me what to do in order for this to become real” If he were some joe shmo, it would have been nothing, but he was a “President” of the quorum, and he was chiding me for believing 'IT" scriptures etc, were real.

For me i did find things which EA said and did which I though I could punch pretty good holes into. but, non of them mattered in the light that he clearly shows “He Knows what he is saying because he has worked it”, unlike some people i have read who are quite eloquent and can string together words which SOUND like they are “Attained” but but are using that eloquence to hook more buyers, and sell more copy. IMO

Also, I do what he says, and get far more results. some loser hit me up yesturday asking what have I done to get to where I am. I said Koetting and immediately a perfectly memorised "I call him the frat boy phony’ and on and on; but admit he makes his judgment only on his adverts, and what he has read by other haters, he would never stoop so low as to actually Study his materials and Do the work. He then ran away and blocked me.
I hate the sales industry- sales tactics are meant to 'sell someone something bu convincing them they need something which they do not even want. i will admit to this though. i have seen EA tone down off some of the sales 101. He does alittle, and why not- when it all boils down, we all sell something, even if it is only ourselves. Thankfully I was willing to pass through the flames of the sales pitch, and Test Try and Prove, what EA is offering, and am happy to not only pay for the materials; but i owuld happily pay for him also, be has a real and sincere spirit- born of real experiance.

[quote="janelle, post:7, topic:5093"]While his marketing is a little harsh for my Australian palate, my own studies have forged ahead in leaps & bounds since I first came across him, & for that I am eternally grateful. 
Marketing shouldn't /doesn't detract from the product & in a modern world I wonder why there are still those that can't see beyond it.[/quote]

Not sure I agree. Compared to the crap you see elsewhere, this stuff is fairly advanced. But, you may be partially right, and, to the extent that’s true, there’s a reason… have you ever heard of the term “info-hazard?” To use a modified, classic expression, once you can See into the Abyss, the Abyss can See you… and if you are not ready, you’ll lose the protection afforded by your ignorance without gaining anything in return (and will probably end up in a mental institution or something). Spreading information that is likely to harm the vast majority of the people who read it is a Bad Idea, and, if EA possesses information with those characteristics, he would have made the right decision in not posting it on the internet.

The vast majority of his stuff is novice and intermediate. That’s one of the reasons I was disappointed with Baneful Magic. It was basic. I can see beginners finding it extremely useful, but for me, it was kinda like… yeah, already knew that. Anything new? No? Alright…

I’m not saying it’s bad he focuses on novice stuff. But I see people treating his work almost like the highest, darkest books of ultimate knowledge. And these people don’t realize that the truly advanced books are not published. They are the techniques and rituals of the notebooks of adepts, learned through experience and spiritual tutors.

‘‘Used to be a Koetting hater…’’

‘‘I never was a Koetting hater’’

lol

I am from Nigeria where black magic is believed to be evil. Churches everywhere and it makes me angry cos of too much lies and deceit. I stumbled on E. A’s site a year ago. I have gotten some of his books and I want to to get his universal circle before starting to go deep into evocation. His approach to magic is real. I love him for that. He has opened my eyes to see that many things that are seen as evil are not quite evil. I was extremely afraid of demons and won’t even love to go near books that taught how to work with them, now I believe I can use them for many task without sacrificing or shedding bloods. His works are authentic. I know I’ll grow to a master magician through his path.

I can say from experience and from personally trying E.A.'s methods, that his methods so far, what I have tried, have been fool proof for me. I’m not one of those you speak of that pretends to know what I’m talking about. Trust me, I am blatantly honest to an extent where people either hate my guts for being so open and sharing my love of the occult with the people they were trying to convert to christianity or they admire my forthcoming. So I will be the first to tell you which authors, witches, and magicians (in my opinion) are full of shit, those who are obviously just trying to get rich quick but have no real occult experience.

So I can honestly say, if I did not believe for a second that Eric’s methods work, I would not be here. I would not have come to this forum seeking to connect with others who have also found Eric’s work useful. I lived under the title “eclectic wiccan” for many years because being raised in an anti-magick christian home, the only thing I could manage to sneak access to was the lighter wiccan stuff at my local library, online, and whatever my best friend’s mom (who is wiccan) was willing to teach me. But over the years, although I can honestly say that not all wiccan stuff is rainbow clouds and buckets of sunshine crap, I just wasn’t satisfied.

Sure, I got results from the wiccan based magick I did, I also practiced some Norse, Alexandrian, Gardnerian, and Faerie types of witchcraft too but I quickly found that everyone was so against using magick for self gain. What the hell is so wrong with using magick to get some quick cash, to heal yourself, to turn your bad luck around? I saw nothing wrong with it but no matter where I turned to for advice or spells every person, every book, every website that was wiccan or pagan based was no like NOOOOO! you can’t do that, karma! I realized that karma couldn’t possibly be real because most people that are successful are selfish narsicisstic assholes and most people that are kind, generous and caring have nothing to show for it, so the karma logic has to be flawed.

But with all of my friends so unwilling to lead me to spells that I could help myself with I realized the only place to turn was to the darker stuff, where people seem to not care about karma and have no problem with casting self indulgence spells or sharing them with others. I had been studying the darker forms of witchcraft but it still wasn’t enough to satisfy me. An online search on youtube, bored one day and looking for entertainment, lead me to those videos about magicians like Criss Angel, David Blane, and Dynamo being possessed by demons, LOL yeah that BS, then out of nowhere I spotted “why summon entities like Lucifer and Astaroth?” (forgot the exact title) but I had just been working with Astaroth and thought I was being given a sign because of the name of the video so I clicked on it and then I discovered E.A.'s channel.

At first, I will admit, I thought okay a lot of the stuff he is talking about is true but some of it seems odd. He had so many videos that were set up to look like tutorials or lessons that were really just advertisements for his BALG book so I thought, maybe he is just trying to sell his book and one of those magicians that gives you just a tiny bit of free info then urges you to buy his book to hear the rest? But then I realized, although he does advertise quite a lot on his videos and his newsletters, he really did have a great deal of free info online so I ignored the advertising and started trying some of his methods which have all worked for me and worked very well might I add. I then purchased a few of his books when I was ready to. So I will vouch for Eric, his methods are not BS and while yes, some of them are very beginner or intermediate, not all of them are in my opinion and I think it’s good he’s sharing some of the lower level stuff to make sure beginners get it right, to eliminate all the constant mistakes they make because they listened to the wrong person on how to do XX spell, you know, the people that have not a clue what they are doing let alone enough sense to be teaching those methods to beginners.

My ascension has really taken off since using his methods. I even went back thru and did some of the beginner exercises I have already done over and over again to see if his way of doing it was any different than the other methods and just as a refresher which never hurts. But my magickal abilities have never been this advanced and although I owe myself the credit for putting in the effort and time needed to succeed, without E.A.'s guidance I never would have found some of the info I had been looking for online and I never would’ve had the drive to succeed because something about him just verified to me that you can be successful as long as you have the drive to succeed and I am a very determined individual so I figured what the heck, let’s give this a try. I have ascended more in the last 4 months using BALG and LHP methods, than I ever did in several years while practicing solely wiccan methods.

I have never been a hater of dearest ea Koetting, though I come from a different path. I have reasons to like him

a. he managed to make occultism approachable, no expensive clothes, stuff etc

b. He does not afraid to show his intentions, he is a pure person speaking honestly, even about his bad days, dislikes, pains, enemies etc and I enjoy this openess. He is fresh, a fine young man.

c. His ideas work, for one simple reason, we all have the power but freaks try to sell us their stuff, memberships, egos, orders etc to make us believe we achieve something just because THEY added us to an organization.

d. He initiated a new era in occultism, approachable and open, enough with the “good occultists” that hide their plan Bs behind titles and grace, we are humans and we act like humans…

he uses marketing yes, but no less than the one the milk company uses. Without it we would not be here, think about it… Marketing has a good thing only, it makes things simple, as we are already familiar with its tactics, logos, sound, organized structure. I wish all black magicians were like him, I would feel more secure.