Urgent Warning About "The Law Of Attraction" ⚠

I would like to add a different point of view here: I’m horrible at adulting. I have a decent job, but I got there on 50% brainpower and 50% being the most stubborn person I know.

I was raised by people that shouldn’t have spawned offspring. My mother is the most negative person I know, a liar and an emotional trainwreck. If you’re young it can take quite a while before you notice the environment you grew up in was not normal. I’ve had pretty bad depressions for about half of my life now. The smallest failure can put me completely off track. I’m in the middle of really intensive therapy and just now I figure out the world doesn’t hate me, but I’m just a magnet for negativity. My aura is probably pure sadness, anger and confusion.

This topic for me (and probably for people like me) abso-f*cking-lutely mindblowing. I can’t get common knowledge from my family, so I’m really happy with Lady_Eva right now. Bless you, Eva. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@Lady_Eva maybe you should write a book, or your own category on forum where you will write stuff like that? Sometimes it is hard to find all of that, even if i have bookmarketd it :grin:

2 Likes

She’s just got plenty of insight from watching all the train wrecks that some how make it across this forum (myself included).

3 Likes

Dumber people have gotten far with this one trait alone

3 Likes

It was supposed to be a link?

1 Like

Well-spotted, thanks - I left the “http” off! :smiley:

Fixed now. :+1:

Also, I’m going to drop a link to a post I made earlier discussing compatibility of stoicism and Law of Attraction, as it’s relevant to this topic as well:

5 Likes

Bookmarked!

1 Like

Bumping this for all our new members, looking to improve their lives. :smiley:

13 Likes

Happy thanksgiving day!!! :wink:

1 Like

“The most important decision about your goals is not what you’re willing to do to achieve them, but what you are willing to give up.” – Dave Ramsey

What ways of acting might be keeping you stuck?

What lies behind those actions - what beliefs, or fears, or unexamined ideas about life, or your place in it?

Here’s a little formula someone gave me this week:

Be + Do = Have

Note that BE comes before DO.

7 Likes

This reminds me of the saying God helps those who help themselves. It means when you pray for something don’t just wait and not make the necessary changes in your life. You have to do what you can and let God take care of the rest.

1 Like

This is amazing Lady Eva…I need to remember this a AFTER I make the calls

1 Like

You can set any post to notify you, as a reminder, at any time and as many times as you want - click the three dots on any post, click the ribbon shaped icon for Bookmarks, and it will offer to give you a reminder of that Bookmark. :+1:

3 Likes

HOLY CRAP IS THIS NEW?! This insanely helpful!!!

1 Like

I would love to do that, but I don’t know the path forward. I am drowning in the fog of deception.

1 Like

What does one do if one cannot “assume the feeling of the wish fulfilled” because of anhedonia? :thinking:

How do you overcome the inability to feel true pleasure and enjoyment in something?

5 Likes

Try to replicate as closely as possible the sensory experience you get when something happens which is good, maybe anchor that using NLP and then build from that framework.

I am guessing even for severe problems, there is a qualitarive difference between the feeling of winning $100 on a scratchcard someone gifted you, and a piece of unexpected bad luck.

It’s not about benchmarking to anyone else’s experiences, it’s YOUR inner cosmos, so pin it to what that feeling is for you.

Even if it’s a kind of cynicism or feeling like “something’s bound to go wrong” you just need to find your own habitual reaction to genuine good things, and which is distinct to those and not jusdt a day-to-day feeling, and find ways to trigger that independently.

That’s your energy signature for success, never mind anyone else’s, because we’re all different, and then maybe over time you’ll be able to tweak it for even bigger and better results.

6 Likes

I may have to go far back in memory for that, but it should be stored somewhere in my brain pan. :thinking:

Thanks. I’ve decided to undertake a little Law of Attraction experiment for a month. While I understand the principles, and how it is supposed to work, I have never succeeded in getting it to work for me because of my lacklustre ability to feel genuine pleasure and happiness.

3 Likes

To add to what Lady Eva said, try work with submodalities, as that can help you build-on.

I also recommend a technique of Creating your future - you can find a bunch of info for free on the web. This technique combines visualisation andworking with timeline, with breathwork and tapping to ‘Higher Self’ from Huna.

Even though you can’t feel, you can make visuals, sounds and kinesthetic sensations (as in submodalities) to put in the picture ‘As you were feeling’

3 Likes

Also as you are skilled with theta state, the deeper you go the better even though you experience lack of feelings. Symbolic language works well in this state.

3 Likes