Unintentional blood

So, I was reading Demons of Magic which instructs not to offer blood or body fluids. Anyone know why? I ask because of the following:

So I was using ritual 1 from the book, and at a certain point I sat on the floor so the sigil would be at eye level. When I did this, I put my hand on the floor to shift my weight a bit and as I did this I felt a sharp pain in my thumb and realized that I had poked a little hole with a shard of glass that was on the floor. I didn’t think much of it because the pain dissipated instantly, so I went right back to the ritual. I picked up the petition to write Seer on the back of it and that was when I realized I was bleeding to the point of dripping, and I got a smudge of blood on the paper, some on the floor, and some on my jeans. I just continued to the end of the ritual by which time the bleeding had stopped.

I am hoping I didn’t invite unintended consequences. Experienced opinions on this please.
I have been thinking that my accident might have been not really an accident?

3 Likes

Blood magik is just a way of tying your oun essence to the ritual. It is true that some gods like blood as a sacrifice to them it is often not a requirement. If you are worried about accidentally inviting something with the blood a good banishing would take care of that.

2 Likes

I just recently started using blood as an offering. There are little disposable push-needles at work for taking diabetics blood sugars, so I took some. The prick is only big enough for you to get a drop or two of blood out. I’ve given blood as an offering to Lilith, Belial and Dra’talon so far.

Didn’t think much of it, just another alternative to wine or chocolate.

1 Like

Belial can be pretty bloodthirsty. I made a Sigil for him, and I distinctly heard him wanting me to put more blood on the sigil.

3 Likes

There are no coincidences. That blood was meant to be part of the ritual.

4 Likes

I don’t feel it was an accident that you were pricked. Your blood was meant to be part of the ritual, and the God you were working with made sure you added it.

3 Likes