Types of magick

Can anyone describe me the types of magick there is!? Im talking about which one is good, wich one is bad? can kill you? Can it make me more powerful?

All magick has the potential to be dangerous, but then so does getting on a train - evaluation of those dangers requires some degree of self-knowledge and insight, and the ability to know when something other people seem to do without problems, might not be best for You.

If you have that kind of self-awareness, or think you have the guts to look deep into your own weaknesses and develop it, then that will stand you in good stead. There’s simply no way an outsider can tell you definitively what’s safe, or unsafe, for you personally though. :slight_smile:

Magick is mainly used to get a tangible result of some kind, it’s often defined as “the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will,” though many of us enjoy doing it for its own sake - but as a beginner, can I suggest you read this post I did and see if that helps you with where to start?

Some Member Resources & Tips ~ How To Get The Most From This Forum.

You might find the whole thread useful, I see you have an intro now so thanks for that - and these are some handy links to get started with:

• the Member Resources thread, which has a ton of links to newsletter tutorials on things like opening sigils, attaining Theta-Gamma Synch (TGS), and also practical advice on using the forum, posting images and YouTube videos, etc.;

• and also a lot of good topics in the archives, which can be found using the Search function.

Hope that helps and that you enjoy your time here! :slight_smile:

Magick it’s self is what it is. Now how it is performed could be considered a type of magick and there are as many ways of doing magick as there are magicians. So we could narrow it down to categories by culture such as Egyptian, Wiccan, Druid, voodoo, or you could categorize them by objective like necromancy, healing, curses etc. I bet there’s even more obscure things people are doing like raki over tacos and calling it food magick who knows the possibilities could be endless if you are creative enough.

1 Like