Types of Magic

There’s no different types of magic, only different paradigms. Of course that could be considered Chaos magic.

I’ll make a distinction between chaos and ritual magic. I consider chaos magic to be using your paradigms and archetypes as they are, and ritual magic as creating custom built paradigms and archetypes. Yet no magic is strictly one of the other, there’s always a mix.

Then there’s working on your own, or working with entities. It’s still the same kind of magic, the only difference is if you want a teacher that is too soft or one that is too hard.

Forget the types of magic and focus on your lucid dreaming and dream control. Once I mastered dream control, I intuitively understood ALL types of magic. The only thing you have control over in a dream is where you place your attention. That will teach you everything you need to know about magic.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

I’m having trouble finding information on sympathetic magick. Where do you get your resources from?

1 Like

That’s all there is to it? There is no specific way to do it?

I suggest reading the authors mentioned by that wikipedia article.

2 Likes

Do not get caught up in all that, that just limits your craft.
Mix and match as you feel comes naturally to you. I’ve been working like that for over 30 years and my craft have given me my dream life.
So, basically – break the rules, follow your inner voice, your instinct. That is what I do. There is no problem mixing various crafts.