Two approaches to magick; which one would you choose and why?

1st approach: Good old sigil magick or ritual. Set intention and forget, for the purpose of getting rid of attachment and “what ifs”. Wait for and seize opportunity when it presents itself.

2nd approach: Setting intention, do loads of visualization and concentration work, always keeping your thoughts on the attainment of goal rather than lack. Acting as if, affirmations, and having a strong will like Napoleon Bonaparte with an “I can and I will” attitude.

3 Likes

The 2nd approach. Because it works for me, that’s the most important thing, and also because I control it. I can see and sense what’s going on in the process from start to finish… so I can “push” more power into each part of the work to make sure that it’s all powerful enough to produce results.

2 Likes

I agree, but I think its important to take inspired action using your intuition rather than trying to control everything. Its best to do what you can at the moment, and leave the hows to “God”.

4 Likes

I’d prefer the second option… but I wasn’t sure it was possible.

1 Like

Absolutely… but it really depends on the desired goal. For example, if doing a spell to change the weather, there is nothing to do except the last part you mentioned… leave the hows to “God” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Both, in my case. I use what’s appropriate for my situations.

5 Likes

I second what @Fallen_Angel said. It all depends on the situation.

4 Likes

A happy medium between both. I always obsess on my life goals and allow that to drive my daily decisions and actions. Meanwhile, I do magick for small goals that lead up to my larger life goals. It works for me. Something I find helpful is to make a sigil for something every day. At some point you will forget what they all are and detach from them. Your subconscious will benefit from both approaches.

5 Likes

I also use this mental status not only to focus, but also being sure it’s going to happen.
Since now, universe or path or gods or whatever, looks like helping me achieving my primary goals…
Responding to the first question, I use the second one. I’ve seen many results, and also because I can’t stop thinking about something I want :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think,
Both have their places, to exist, in my path.
Sometimes, it’s Good to test Will-Power, to test one’s strength, therefore the second approach is adequate, and sometimes, it’s not Good, like for example, when I am busy with other things, so the first approach is adequate, as well, as it’s less time consuming.

Now a question which might influence my answer…, which one of the two is more effective in manifesting?
I would say, that would be very difficult to measure. Very.

1 Like

The first approach works great for me. The second makes me think about what I’ve read into books regarding law of attraction but it works as well.

1 Like

Yes, the first method is useful in bypassing the conscious mind to reach the subconscious mind.Visualizing during a state akin to sleep like what Neville Goddard teaches is also similar. I think what matters is whether or not you have conflicting thoughts of your goal after the ritual is done.

1 Like

I would go with the first if I absolutely HAD to choose one approach. I assume a ritual has worked before it is even officially closed, so then it’s just a matter of letting my result happen. Even when a spell ‘fails’ I assume it DID work and that I failed to take advantage of some thing that was missed when presented to me. Ever cast a money spell for a high sum and have it fail? During that time, did you happen to walk by a discarded lottery ticket on the ground and just keep walking? Maybe that’s where your manifestation was, lol. I only use this example because I have picked winners up off the ground, so now every time I walk by one without picking it up I wonder and have a chuckle.

The first option is also why spirit work can be advantageous. If a spirit is handling something, all I need to do is the appropriate supporting action, which is usually pre-planned before ritual. So, allowing for synchronicities and unexpected opportunities, I don’t need to think about my end result constantly.