Turning off your emotions

Thank you! I will try this chat and see if I can develop this ability.

Thank you for the link. I will have to explore this a little later.

1 Like

IMO you don’t need a spirit for this, you need this book:

2 Likes

I am a failed psychopath that’s for sure all do to the fact I am more emotional. I do recognize the value of emotions but unfettered emotion out of control is dangerous like a flash flood. Many people in my family are better at this then me and because of this they are more successful in life. Thanks for the link I will look up that book.

1 Like

What’s useful is it shows how the average person can learn to bring parts of their mind under control. It obviously doesn’t suggest you start an ear collection or bulding yourself a woman-suit, or anything silly like that. :smiley:

1 Like

your soul is aging in reverse???

No I get it. Don’t be a dumb psychopath and end up in prison or pursue a life of petty crime. Mental Disincline is key success in life because if you can’t master your self how are you going to master life? I don’t believe that psychopaths don’t have emotions but I do believe that they are mental to such extent that they don’t know how to handle there emotions or others. Life just exist a series of abstract ideas to them nothing more and nothing less. This is double edged sword but in our modern materialistic world a very useful trait and possibly a survival skill now.

1 Like

That is what I believe yes. I have come to this conclusion via western astrology but through eastern astrology you could say I am doing this in order to attain some kind of spiritual enlightenment (I think) . I have no idea what that means in a practical sense though.

The book talks about being able to consciousy dial down empathy, and dial-up willingness to take risks, among other things, I don’t have my copy here, but took a ton of notes and have found those useful ever since. :thinking:

One quote I have from it is “Crazy commitment can lead to crazy success” and that is oh-so-true in my experience. It’s a solid addition to books like the works of Napoleon Hill and Clement Stone, which are also about consciously choosing your attitude and reactions.

IMO the world is split into two groups of people: those who bob haplessly like corks in an ocean, buffeted by everything from world events to their own myserious internal thought processes, and those who are no less affected but also, can somewhat stand above it, and see everything, from world events to their own thought-processes, to be subject unto Will.

While the latter may not always succeed in shaping everything the way they want it, they have an infinite advantage over the former, who are living more or less like sheep, being herded around and always in reactive mode.

I put a lot of life-skills stuff I use here, this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but it’s stuff that serves me well: Time Management, Procrastination, And ADHD

Also some stuff here: Stoicism and LOA? - #3 by Lady_Eva - “Controlled Attention” is very much a focus of the book I linked, and while Mr Hill may not have appreciated the garish title, I think the underlying message is absolutely in line with his approach.

2 Likes

I have ADD or ADHD so I very much appreciate this. Thanks Eva :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just thought of Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button. Not saying im right or wrong but made me think of him.

I don’t really understand it myself but that’s what its trying to do according astrology. Either because I skipped a growth step in my previous life or because in going backwards it thinks it can gain something spiritually. All that it means for me now is that I am becoming more of what I already am (which is weird to me).

Acting lessons in an improv manner.

1 Like

Self flogging still has its uses, but emotional freedom tapping might be more useful.

I guess that’s a certainly interesting way of looking at it.

1 Like

What is emotional freedom tapping exactly?

Using a tap of the finger or fingers on various body points to relieve negative or toxic trapped emotions. If I recall correctly.

1 Like

Where can you learn to this?

google, webmd, ama, etc.

Search EFT (emotional freedom technique)

1 Like