Tubal Cain

Please I want to know more about Tubal Cain ritual.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™ll help, but this is an extract I downloaded a while ago. Never went through it, but maybe if you do, you could find something useful down here:

Tubal-cain Q. Why does Tubal-cain, an artificer in metals, play such a prominent part in our ritual? Why was not a builder chosenā€”or at least someone connected with the art of building? A. For a full answer to this question, we have to go back to the oldest documents of the Craft, the MS. Constitutions, but first we should glance at the Biblical background to the story, which appears in Gen. 4, vv. 16-22. The Bible tells how Cain, having murdered his brother, escaped from Eden to Nod where his wife bore him a son, Enoch. Cain then built, or started to build, a city and knowing himself to be accursed, he named it after his son Enoch. The succeeding verses then recount the birth of Enochā€™s grandson, Lamech, with the story of Lamechā€™s two wives, and their four children: Jabal, the father, or the originator, of the science of tending flocks. (Abel had been a shepherd, but Jabal had widened the class of animals that could be domesticated.) Jubal, founder of the art of music. Tubal-cain, inventor of the forge, skilled in brass and ironwork and in cutting instruments. Naamah. The O.T. text simply names her as Lamechā€™s daughter. But a Jewish tradition arose, and was well established among historians in the Middle Ages, that she was the inventor of the arts of weaving and other related skills. So much for the background, amplified slightly with notes from the early commentaries. The story, in so far as it concerns our present ritual, is derived from the earliest pillar legend incorporated in the historical portion of the MS. Constitutions, our Old Charges. It tells how the four children of Lamech, fearing that the world was to be destroyed by fire or flood, ā€˜took counsel togetherā€™ and decided to inscribe ā€˜all the sciencesā€™ that they had founded, upon two pillars, one of marble and the other of lacerusā€™ (clay-brick), because the one would not burn and the other would not sink in water. There is no need to discuss the ā€˜accuracyā€™ of the legend. Josephus gave one version of it in his Antiquities, and the story reappears in the writings of many of the medieval historians. The earliest ā€˜Masonicā€™ version appears in the Cooke MS. of c. 1410, where the compiler had clearly attempted to reconcile several conflicting accounts, but the Cooke MS. legend was repeated regularly (with variations) in all subsequent versions of the MS. Constitutions. These two pillars, not Solomonā€™s, were the earliest pillars in the legendary history of the Craft and our story then goes on to recount how the world was saved in Noahā€™s flood and how the science of masonry traveled from the east through Egypt into Europe and was finally established in England. Why was not a builder chosen? Doubtless because the first builder of a city, according to the O.T., was Cain, a murderer. Why Tubal-cain? I would say, because he was the forerunner of H.A.; indeed the O.T. (Gen. 4, v. 22, and I Kings 7, v. 14) uses precisely the same two Hebrew words in describing their craft, [choreish nechosheth] ā€˜a worker in brassā€™. Tubal-cain was the founder of the craft in which H.A., above all, excelled and he was the direct link between the two earliest pillars and those of Solomonā€™s Temple. Although the name Tubal-cain appears regularly in all our Old Charges, it should be noted that the name did not come into our ritual until a comparatively late date, c. 1745; there is no printed evidence of that name in the Masonic ritual earlier than 1745, but recently discovered transcripts of evidence given to the Portuguese Inquisition authorities suggest that the name was in use in a Lodge of Irishmen at Lisbon as early as 1738. (AQC 84, p.93) Excerpted from: Carr, Harry Freemason At Work (Abingdon, Oxfordshire Burgess and Son LTD 1975) pgs 169 - 171

Can Tubal Cain give wealth?

All I know, as far as Iā€™ve dug into him, is that his sister is the Godess Namaah. Heā€™s also a master forger of bronze and iron. About the wealth, donā€™t know much about it.

1 Like

OK. Thanks.

Youā€™ll find detailed informatin about him in my ā€œQliphothic Invocations & Evocations.ā€ About wealth - thatā€™s not really his domain, but if you develop a personal relationship with a deity itā€™s possible to obtain anything through such work. If, however, Tubal Cain isnā€™t your patron god, I suggest that you look into other deities and spirits.

4 Likes

As a 32nd Degree Freemason I can tell you , without violating oaths, that Tabal Cain is mentioned more than once in Freemasonic ceremonies.

Chip_Evil, Iā€™m a Freemason. A past master.

Thank you, Asenath.