Trying to make sense of a possible death premonition

I had a very vivid lucid dream in which I was knocking on my childhood homes front door to see my Mother.

The door was answered by a half human / half otherworldly being who said very clearly ‘you can’t see her, she’s not here yet it is only 11.30’

I remember feeling very rejected. I got the call 2 days later My Mother had died suddenly.

I certainly feel this was a message and I wondered if anyone else had experienced anything like this at all??

2 Likes

I have not so I won’t be particularly useful to you in this… I just wanted to drop a note to say that I am sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Thank you.x

I have had premonitions on 4 different occasions about my own demise. I never knew they were premonitions until I was tossed into thesame exact situations and because I reacted differently than in the dream I survived all cases. I have avoided one death two times, one rape and one robbing. Of course there is no way to knowif those would have happened becauseI always chose to act differently. My theory is that because time is relative and there are unlimited timelines and we have the akashic records collective consciousness we are able to pick up on especially dangers as precognitions. I am a psychic medium after all so this is not really so unheard of. Anyway the thing is I can’t induce these premonitions voluntarily,it happens when it happens.

3 Likes

The best insurance-plan there is :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Haha yup. Otherwise handy but it is creepy and scary that I can’t control these dreams. This means I never know which of my dreams are predestinations and which aren’t before I am in the situations.

2 Likes

Just to let you know: Never doubt these gut feelings and dreams and intuitions. If you have a bad feeling then choose to act to prevent things in the future if you can. In your case you couldn’t have done anything. But you have the gift of precognition like I do. It is scary but it is handy. Sorry for your loss. This gift can serve you well.

1 Like

I can only second that. I may not have had vision or precognitions like that, but my gut feeling is always (almost) spot on. Gotta listen to them hunches :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t experienced it, but this type of story is probably the most common precognition around death. It’s not always lucid dreams, sometimes it’s doppelgangers, visible ghostlike messengers, banshees, and not least the person themselves visits in dream or via clairsenses to say goodbye.

3 Likes

I haven’t personally experienced it, but it’s fairly common. A friend of mine saw her uncle in a dream saying goodbye. They found out in the morning he had died that night.

I’m sorry for your loss, and, as everyone else says, it’s always worth paying attention to these things. Over the years I’ve noticed many are warnings to subconsciously prepare you for what’s about to happen. It was obviously inevitable.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone.

On reflection, I take the '11.30, part as her death being at 12 and I was too early. A warning in a metaphoric sense.

I never contemplated it meaning what it did as she very healthy and it was sudden.

Maybe my sense are developing more with my practice and I will pay attention

Ten years ago, I had an extremely vivid and deeply disturbing dream about a friend of a friend (I’d seen his band play live several times but only spoke to him once or twice). He and I were in a basement bar (an extreme rarity where I live), he poured us each a drink, and we chatted. He looked preoccupied and increasingly sad. Slowly, the lighting changed from green to red, dark storm clouds gathered outside the tiny basement windows (another extreme rarity where I live) and he began to fade slowly, like the Cheshire Cat’s smile. Thunder rolled outside, he completely faded away with a sad smile on his face, and the basement bar dissolved around me. I was back outside in super-bright sunshine.

I woke up screaming. I knew something was wrong. I didn’t call our mutual friend to check on him (the absolute worst thing I have ever done) - I didn’t think he’d believe me. I found out the next day that when I woke up, he was already dying.

I talked to a (reputable) psychic, wanting to make sense of it. She told me that different people are on different “frequencies” based on their state of mind, and that he reached out to the first person he could find who was on the same “channel” (his house was a couple of miles away from mine). She insists that I hadn’t done anything wrong (he did a lot of risky stuff I won’t get into and it’s definitely possible he would have died young anyway), but I still feel guilty.

And whenever someone in our family dies, my mom can feel it in her gut.

Very sorry for your loss. :black_heart:

1 Like

Perhaps you should consider a foray into necromancy. If you have a gift that is tied to the dead, you should exercise it.

1 Like

Thank you. I have things that happen like this often, but this one was so clear and vivid it has stayed with me after a few weeks now.

I will look into this