Tree of life initiation

Hello everyone

I’m looking for specific book titles or ritual manuscripts that I could use to do a Tree of Life initiation. I used VKs rites of the acharayim for Qlippoth initiation but I don’t off hand recall where I’d find a good title that had the steps necessary for an authentic Tree of Life initiation. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2 Likes

You could evoke the angels of each Sephiroth and ask them to initiate you directly. They will begin the process by bringing in the specific energies into your life.

Another option is pathworking the Tree. I recommend the book Magical States of Consciousness by Denning and Phillips.

9 Likes

This is the route I intend to go. Great book suggestion I totally forgot about that. I wondered if I’d get stuck with some stinky old Dion fortune book. :laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

Yeah, she was a little stuffy. Her novel The Demon Lover is pretty good though. It’s about a woman who finds herself bound by the spirit of her malicious boyfriend (there’s a scene in the book where the spirit puts an astral collar around her neck that she could physically feel).

3 Likes

I think she wrote sea priestess and moon child too. I rather liked her fiction. Much better than her theory and practice books.

2 Likes

Aleister Crowley wrote Moonchild. Dion Fortune wrote Moon Magic, which was the sequel to Sea Priestess.

2 Likes

Oooohhh yeah you’re right. God it’s been two decades since I read those but damn were they good. I liked Crowley’s “diary of a dope fiend” too. The character Basil King Lamus was great!

3 Likes

What does Initiation entail for you? Just opening the gate?

What are you exactly looking for?

1 Like

I want to be exposed to the currents of the spheres and make contact with the beings that inhabit these regions.

Most of all I want to be acclimated to this side of the tree as much as I am Qlippoth.

1 Like

I see, Kabbalists usually hold that you have one sphere active all the time. That is your “default” state as well as how people perceive you. Two people telling the same joke will get different responses from the audience.

It is further said that despite opening the gates you will sooner or later always return to your default gate.

For example opening Gevurah for longer than necessary is not desirable unless your are a soldier/athlete etc. because everybody will encounter you with severity harshness etc. That’s why you have to balance it with Chesed after a while.

I guess initiation is kind of a “new Age” thought in that matter. I can direct you to a book that teaches you how to open the spheres and it works quite well while also being simple, but it doesn’t fulfill what your intention stated.

Contacting these beings is beneficial if you restrict yourself to the archangels but if you embark on the journey with the 42 letter name of god (Gevurah) or the 72 letter name (Chesed) it may be difficult to do and work as a spiritual worker especially if you intend to perform baneful work for others.

The state required to make genuine contact with the 72 and align yourself properly with them run counter to what “normal” daily life entails.

4 Likes

what book is it please

1 Like

It is about experience, ascending, power etc. Do you have any other approach to occultism ?

The Books, The Chicken Qabalah, Son of Chicken Qabalah are considered a Tree of Life (Kabbalah, Path of Light) initiation.

“This simultaneously funny and serious book provides the easiest, fastest way for readers to painlessly attune themselves to the mysteries of the Hebrew alphabet and immerse themselves in the fundamentals of practical Qabalah. It is a road map from the Godhead to your head–a clear and lucid guide to an extremely complex, mystical topic. By performing the exercises and rituals in the book, the reader can complete the self-initiatory process comprising the three main degrees of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford’s Practical Qabalah course.”

2 Likes

Awesome recommendation, thank you ! :sunglasses:

Told you what is incomplete?

The pathworkings of the book don’t go beyond Thipareth.

I didn’t realize that. i haven’t finished reading it yet.