Trapping Spirits of the Dead

Anyone have any practical rituals for capturing spirits of the dead and bind them to things like pots, bottles, or dolls? I’m interested in this but most of the rituals I’ve come across are far too involved. Please do post any rituals you guys may know to capture and bind spirits of the dead to serve the sorcerer.

In the Queen of Hell, by Mark Allen Smith there is a rit for creating spirit pots and one for ensouling a skull with a shade. They are quite good. Of course, Dante’s book has rituals that I look forward to using very soon.

Thank you, I was not aware of this.

To anyone who has Dante’s book; since Dante said the book will contain rituals for this task, would anyone care to post a ritual or two from his book instructing the reader ipon how to make a spirit fetish? You can PM me if you’d rather not post it here. Thanks in advance.

I haven’t tried it yet, so I cannot personally verify the method, but a ritual for this task was given to me by the demon Haklator.

Take a skull (human or animal. doesn’t matter, but human skull works best) and lay it on graveyard dirt in the vessel to be used. The more the dirt is charged with death essence (e.g. by being soaked in decay juices), the better.

Drip your own blood on the skull to activate the device. Using a rattle or chain to call the spirits, incense (my intuition is that tobacco works well), and a sickle to rend the veil, evoke all the remnants in the cemetery that you are standing in.

Trap them in the jar, and close it.

If you are using a smaller animal skull, and you use a mason jar or bottle, blow the tobacco smoke into the jar, creating a vacuum effect. as the smoke leaves, the jar fills with spirits.

Hope this helps

1 Like

The ritual I was given included washing the vessel in a suitable wash to cleanse our and consecrate it to death. Marking it with seals appropriate to the spirits invoked. Then filling it with dirt from the grave and over materia to draw in the spirit. It is completed with a ritual done on the grave to conjure the spirit into the pot.
I find the concept interesting, but it is if no use to me.

[quote=“Euoi, post:6, topic:1889”]The ritual I was given included washing the vessel in a suitable wash to cleanse our and consecrate it to death. Marking it with seals appropriate to the spirits invoked. Then filling it with dirt from the grave and over materia to draw in the spirit. It is completed with a ritual done on the grave to conjure the spirit into the pot.
I find the concept interesting, but it is if no use to me.[/quote]

Very interesting I wanta trap someone’s soul, its kind of sympathetic magick using a seal or a picture would be ok then hehehe

Doing it alive would a lot harder. You’ll need rip out the spirit from the body and pick it apart.

I have 3 that I’d like to do this with (they honestly, truly deserve it), but my question is
What kinds of things can human souls be used for (besides curses)?

Dead spirits can bind, spy, bring wealth, do minor healings.
It’d be easier to kill them then attempt to trap their spirits. But I don’t recommend this if they’re your enemies. Because then you’ll have to be constantly on your toes and won’t be able to be vulnerable for a moment lest they turn on you. Which isn’t a pretty sight.
It’s best to choose souls from the cemetary that agree to it. But that is far beyond the scope of what a novice in Necromancy should be doing.

1 Like

Just curious and weighing a few options… I’m not likely to do more than study in this area (necro)

Just curious because I see a lot of the information on these kinds of threads about binding spirits of the dead to items and vessels… I’m guessing it’s possible but I wonder about the ethics of it… but could one possibly bind a spirit of the dead to oneself? Like…give it a limitless tether but be able to call it to your own spirit/energy at will? Not so much as to enslave the spirit but to create a strong connection that cannot be altered or broken… so even if the spirit did not want to come to me it would still hear me call…??? Idk…maybe I’m out on a limb here.

@VolvaTarot I am very capable of doing both what the OP talks about and what you mention. As a general rule I try to avoid being a Slave Driver. That being siad I might bind a Spirit to an object if it is consensual since it does aid in manifestation. The methods for binding a Spirit to yourself are quite different from my experience.

Having a necromantic familiar or spirit companion is a known thing, as @TheStorm says, so it is possible. You will need some way to feed them, usually, love can do this or other methods of giving them energy.

And of course to keep their death energy from affecting you in negative ways.

I would disagree. You don’t necessarily need one if you are keeping a powerful enough Spirit as a companion. Not more than a Demon does at any rate. Then again certain Spirit Companions are practically Demons in their own right.

IMO it’s going to be useful ore often than not, though. :thinking:

1 Like

Definitely. I DO agree. It’s definitely useful. Just don’t want to scare off people with the word “need”.

Which is why I posted thus;

@Lady_Eva Sorry. Didn’t read carefully. I thought it was:[quote=“Lady_Eva, post:14, topic:1889”]
usually, love can do this
[/quote]
Poor knowledge of grammar on my part. That is all.

Edit: and bad spelling too.

1 Like

It could be argued a semi-colon would have been better after “usually” but that key’s kinda stuck and messed up along with apostrophes. Yes “buy new keyboard Living Goddess” but this one has nice textured keys and is backlit from within so I can type in total darkness, and I can’t be bothered to replace it right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Grammar nazis more scary than dead people or what?! :laughing:

4 Likes