"traditional" vampiric archetypes looking down on tendril feeding?

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the more traditional dracula style vampires look down on tendril feeding?

I’m wondering if this Is because of my intentions for the workings or perhaps I’ve just never been paying attention.

1 Like

Do you actually know someone who has Vlad Dracul as posed in bram stoker’s book like powers? or what do you exactly mean.

That’s the kind i surely would like to be, i have never fully grasped whats the point of this energy feeding unless you can get something really special out of it :smiley:

Feeding of blood is sexy, but i think a “archetypal vampire” does it for it has to, or otherwise its “supernatural abilities” would fade.

[quote=“Black Flame, post:2, topic:5677”]Do you actually know someone who has Vlad Dracul as posed in bram stoker’s book like powers? or what do you exactly mean.

That’s the kind i surely would like to be, i have never fully grasped whats the point of this energy feeding unless you can get something really special out of it :smiley:

Feeding of blood is sexy, but i think a “archetypal vampire” does it for it has to, or otherwise its “supernatural abilities” would fade.[/quote]

Nah I meant as in the entities themselves, dracula to me seems alittle bit “tendrilsist” (although that shouldn’t be surprising considering) and has instead shown me that he wants me to go for a different , stronger, more obvious method of feeding.

I was simply wondering if its just him or if it spreads to all other kinds of dracula -like vamps (with special concerns towards the strigoiul) or if I’m just imagining it since I’ve never really noticed it before.

1 Like

This may seem like a moot point but, my family has had several extensive genealogy reports done to trace our blood line as far back as we were able and we found out a number of years ago, that our blood line on one of my parent’s side of the family traces back to the original Dracula, Vladimir Tepes or Vlad the impaler. He was not a real vampire. It was actually said that the myth of real vampires was started because of him. That he was not just an impaler, he also had other methods of torture such as driving nails thru the neck of those who he killed so the blood would slowly drain from their necks thru the tiny holes, making their deaths a very long and painful process.

Granted, I never met the guy obviously, so I cannot confirm what really happened as there are many many theories on this, but the most common theories on the neck marks that lead people to believe he was a vampire, hence the term vampire was created, was either the nails in the neck thing or possibly so that he could keep his victims impaled on the posts as long as possible and avoid a rotting foul odor from the decaying bodies that, he may have also simply drained the victims of their blood and other bodily fluids before impaling them, and the blood draining was done thru the neck near the jugular vein.

Either way, I can see how people would misconstrue this and think he may have been biting the victims instead.

1 Like

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:4, topic:5677”]This may seem like a moot point but, my family has had several extensive genealogy reports done to trace our blood line as far back as we were able and we found out a number of years ago, that our blood line on one of my parent’s side of the family traces back to the original Dracula, Vladimir Tepes or Vlad the impaler. He was not a real vampire. It was actually said that the myth of real vampires was started because of him. That he was not just an impaler, he also had other methods of torture such as driving nails thru the neck of those who he killed so the blood would slowly drain from their necks thru the tiny holes, making their deaths a very long and painful process.

Granted, I never met the guy obviously, so I cannot confirm what really happened as there are many many theories on this, but the most common theories on the neck marks that lead people to believe he was a vampire, hence the term vampire was created, was either the nails in the neck thing or possibly so that he could keep his victims impaled on the posts as long as possible and avoid a rotting foul odor from the decaying bodies that, he may have also simply drained the victims of their blood and other bodily fluids before impaling them, and the blood draining was done thru the neck near the jugular vein.

Either way, I can see how people would misconstrue this and think he may have been biting the victims instead.[/quote]

I know the original vlad the impaler wasnt a real vamp, I was talking more about the egregore/godform, he gets alot of attention as a real vamp so I figured there would be a thoughtform of a real vampy entity floating around his name

[quote=“thatrandomguy, post:5, topic:5677”][quote=“RavensAscent, post:4, topic:5677”]This may seem like a moot point but, my family has had several extensive genealogy reports done to trace our blood line as far back as we were able and we found out a number of years ago, that our blood line on one of my parent’s side of the family traces back to the original Dracula, Vladimir Tepes or Vlad the impaler. He was not a real vampire. It was actually said that the myth of real vampires was started because of him. That he was not just an impaler, he also had other methods of torture such as driving nails thru the neck of those who he killed so the blood would slowly drain from their necks thru the tiny holes, making their deaths a very long and painful process.

Either way, I can see how people would misconstrue this and think he may have been biting the victims instead.[/quote]

I know the original vlad the impaler wasnt a real vamp, I was talking more about the egregore/godform, he gets alot of attention as a real vamp so I figured there would be a thoughtform of a real vampy entity floating around his name[/quote]

An egregore of Vlad.as a vampire or an egregore of Stoker’s Count Dracula.

They are two very different figures,you know!One is a psychopath,the otger is a charming psychopath.

Vampire myths have been around for as long as humans have. Vlad the Impaler is an example of a human thought to have been one due to strange…habuts. the Countess Von Bàthory bathed(allefedly) in the blood of young girls to keep her youth(a lie invented by,surprise surprise, the Church). Arnold Paole was a serbian soldier in the Austro-Hungarian empirea,and the first vampire hunt in recorded history was him.

Hell,nobleman Gilles de Rais was apparently a vampire… and a.werewolf

…and a witch…and a serial koller.

Because to the Church that’s kinda the same thing.

Interestingly enough, if I evoke the egregore of Count Dracula I probably won’t get Stoker’s monster(who.looked like an.undead Walt.Whitman)

I’d probably get Bela Lugosi’s version because that Dracula is marked in our minds as the one true Dracula.

Some people may get Count Orlok,a rotting cadavre.

Few,however have read the book prior to getting exposed to some incarnation of Bela Lugosi.

[quote=“Arcane, post:6, topic:5677”][quote=“thatrandomguy, post:5, topic:5677”][quote=“RavensAscent, post:4, topic:5677”]This may seem like a moot point but, my family has had several extensive genealogy reports done to trace our blood line as far back as we were able and we found out a number of years ago, that our blood line on one of my parent’s side of the family traces back to the original Dracula, Vladimir Tepes or Vlad the impaler. He was not a real vampire. It was actually said that the myth of real vampires was started because of him. That he was not just an impaler, he also had other methods of torture such as driving nails thru the neck of those who he killed so the blood would slowly drain from their necks thru the tiny holes, making their deaths a very long and painful process.

I know the original vlad the impaler wasnt a real vamp, I was talking more about the egregore/godform, he gets alot of attention as a real vamp so I figured there would be a thoughtform of a real vampy entity floating around his name[/quote]

An egregore of Vlad.as a vampire or an egregore of Stoker’s Count Dracula.

They are two very different figures,you know!One is a psychopath,the otger is a charming psychopath.

Vampire myths have been around for as long as humans have. Vlad the Impaler is an example of a human thought to have been one due to strange…habuts. the Countess Von Bàthory bathed(allefedly) in the blood of young girls to keep her youth(a lie invented by,surprise surprise, the Church). Arnold Paole was a serbian soldier in the Austro-Hungarian empirea,and the first vampire hunt in recorded history was him.

Hell,nobleman Gilles de Rais was apparently a vampire… and a.werewolf

…and a witch…and a serial koller.

Because to the Church that’s kinda the same thing.

Interestingly enough, if I evoke the egregore of Count Dracula I probably won’t get Stoker’s monster(who.looked like an.undead Walt.Whitman)

I’d probably get Bela Lugosi’s version because that Dracula is marked in our minds as the one true Dracula.

Some people may get Count Orlok,a rotting cadavre.

Few,however have read the book prior to getting exposed to some incarnation of Bela Lugosi.[/quote]

I meant vlad the impaler as a vamp

I’ve never heard of de rais, what are the chances that he really was any one of those?

Well, I read a book once about it to find out more, and I forgot what the book called but it wasn’t very well known. It was full of info and theories on mysteries of the past including what they believe original Ouija boards were made of before the actual board version was made. It stated that they believe (historians) that the vampire myth was most likely created because of Vlad the impaler. Most books and online resources only talk of him impaling others and being a cruel and viscious leader, but this book delve into his known methods of torture.

Maybe the legend of the vampire was actually around long before him and because of what he did, they thought he was a vampire? But it is said that he would drive nails into the necks of his victims so they would bleed out very slowly and have a long painful death, which of course, left two tiny nail marks on their necks and could’ve been mistaken as bite marks. Other than that book, I have not found any other useful info on him, everywhere else I have looked the info is the same story over and over.

But the guy I was refering to was just a man, no real supernatural abilities that anyone knew of, and an ugly man at that! He had a gigantic nose, big black mustache, just not very pleasant to look at based on historical representations of his image.

But if real bloodlusting vamps did exist, I would probably let one bite me and drain my blood from my neck during intercourse. That would be one hell of a turn on, for some sadistic and strange reason unbeknownst to me.

Be interesting if he actually was an energy vampire, and the heightened energy of those people was what he fed off. At the very least, your gramps (for 'tis how I now think ot him!) would be having the last laugh as people got it wrong for so long! :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:8, topic:5677”]Well, I read a book once about it to find out more, and I forgot what the book called but it wasn’t very well known. It was full of info and theories on mysteries of the past including what they believe original Ouija boards were made of before the actual board version was made. It stated that they believe (historians) that the vampire myth was most likely created because of Vlad the impaler. Most books and online resources only talk of him impaling others and being a cruel and viscious leader, but this book delve into his known methods of torture.

Maybe the legend of the vampire was actually around long before him and because of what he did, they thought he was a vampire? But it is said that he would drive nails into the necks of his victims so they would bleed out very slowly and have a long painful death, which of course, left two tiny nail marks on their necks and could’ve been mistaken as bite marks. Other than that book, I have not found any other useful info on him, everywhere else I have looked the info is the same story over and over.

But the guy I was refering to was just a man, no real supernatural abilities that anyone knew of, and an ugly man at that! He had a gigantic nose, big black mustache, just not very pleasant to look at based on historical representations of his image.

But if real bloodlusting vamps did exist, I would probably let one bite me and drain my blood from my neck during intercourse. That would be one hell of a turn on, for some sadistic and strange reason unbeknownst to me.[/quote]

One should keep in mind that myths about vampires,and the undead have been around for as long as human-kind.Bloodsuckers have been around for a long time too.The Summerian Lamashtu,the Empousai of ancient Greece,the Yara-Ma-Ya-Who of Australia.Of course,many of these weren’t vampires in the classical sense.

Medieval Transylvania is partially to blame.As thanatology didn’t exist,people suspected bloated bellies and long fingernails,as well as blood dripping from the mouths of the bodies meant the dead weren’t alive,and that they too lived.Even feeding on the living.

I’ve already mentioned Arnold Paole.He was a Serbian soldier,in the Austro-Hungarian army who went to Greece,and was bitten by an alleged vampire.He performed his rituals to keep the monster at bay,but was trampled over by a carriage,and after his funeral people started talking about seeing him at night.Disease came,people died,one thing led to another,then another,and…you’ve got yourself a mad case of Vampire Hysteria.

Basically a witch craze,where both the living were hurt,and the dead were desecrated.I won’t deny Ravensascent’s statement about Vlad the Impaler’s bloodlust.He was a powerful figure,he revelled in the cruelty he performed.However,one cannot deny the fact that major associations to vampirism came after Stoker published his novel in 1897.

I mean,Dracula is a great book!The subtlety of the experience,the diary-style of the first chapters,the intriguing characters,the themes put forth…

The Count Dracula is depicted to have been a warrior for Christianity,and the Szekelys.As the Turks came from the East,to Wallachian land,carrying Islam(under Mehmed the II El Fatih),and the Ugric tribes came from the North,with the strength that Wodin and Thor carried,suggesting they were fighting for Paganism.

But the Count feels betrayed.His sins in life,stopped him from salvation,despite his martyrdom.In this opposition to his antinomianism,Stoker argues,the Count rose from the dead,now an enemy of all things Christians.

Add to this an element of sex(which can be seen in his Brides),an element of black magic(as can be seen through the mention that he studied in Scholomance),and an element of childishness(the Count actually threw weird fits a lot.Fits of rage when his plans failed,fits of happiness when he could talk about his past life,and fits of disappointment when he sees mirrors).This along with his element of vengeance and opposition to Christianity,made the character of the Count an embodiement of the ideal of man’s forbidden desires.

Ironic,then,that Mina is only capable of stopping him when she surrenders to the Count.Obviously,Stoker meant to emphasize that the pious can withstand any amount of temptation,but that just says to me,indulgence leads to liberation.:wink:

This ‘‘embodiement of forbidden desires’’ motive is one that’s certainly not new.In fact,it’s ubiquitous in vampire lore.Carmilla,one of my favorite vampire novels,embodies this by being a lesbian hater of Christianity(something which in Le Fanu’s time was…not good),or Clarimonde(from La Morte Amoureuse) being a lascivious,priest-seducer and Chrstianity hater.

So,IMO,the vampire represents Satan,the ideal that Anton La Vey talks about in his Satanic Statements.This ideal,is what symbolizes the vampire.Taking from another’s life,to feed your own mimicry of it…that’s evil…which is good.

So,as vampires have been around as long as ethics.Vlad the Impaler did inspire some myths.But then again,so did Gilles de Rais,madame Bathory,and every sinful person that ever died,because Christians can freak out over the silliest things and that makes them hilarious.

Muslims did too,but not nearly as much.They were some of the first to adopt the narrow-minded ‘‘there’s no such thing as the supernatural’’ philosophy.

Sorry for rambling.I wrote an essay on this all a few years back,and had the material to pull out.

All these historical vampire figures! Guess I’m listening to Celtic Frost (Into the Crypts of Rays), Bathory (Woman of Dark Desires), and Marduk (Dracul Va Domni Din Nou) tonight.

1 Like

Chug some V8 or a bloody mary! :wink:

Well i might listen Satanic Warmaster - Vampiric Tyrant and Majesty of Wampyric blood etc from my part then : D

Either way, there’s going to be a -lot- of…um, V8.

What is about King Sargon?
What is about Camazotz??
~I don’t think that it startet with Vlad.

Anyone summoned Vlad?