Tough Targets

If one’s target was a well resourced magician that held a highly respected and prestigious roll in society - what would be the most important aspects of safeguarding ones self against a failed attack (ie: attack interception and return to sender) and any physical retribution? For example, tracking you down and having the monetary and persuasive resources to really put a damper on life.

lol I knew you were gonna pop up with this the day after your D&D post.

Can’t wait dude. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Kitari, post:2, topic:227”]lol I knew you were gonna pop up with this the day after your D&D post.

Can’t wait dude. :)[/quote]

lol, I had to totally obfuscate the question :stuck_out_tongue:

When confronted with anything bigger than you guerilla tactics are the best option. Stay under the radar. Hit em hard and fast then disappear again covering your tracks. Making yourself hard to pinpoint/find is crucial as it allows you time to build up your resources to match or if you stay on the offensive while building up overpower your adversaries making you the big dog and thereby able to deliver the final decisive blow.

ok ok - good. Could you give me an example of a guerrilla style campaign? I haven’t ever really bred guerrilla warfare with magick. Like, I’m catching the scent of the beast, but I’m not quite behind it yet.

Don’t target your opponent directly at first. Focus on the things that make him untouchable and wear them down. Say for example this person holds a lot of clout because he is wealthy or has a lot of allies. Take away his wealth first or have his allies turn against him or begin to mistrust him. Work your way around in the shadows taking out every possible edge he has on you and then once the playing field is in your favor take them down swiftly before they have time to recuperate.

Gotcha
Thanks Kitari - that, in and of itself is plenty to play over in my mind. Thanks dude.

You guys, I’m just sitting here in amazement over the dialogue. THIS kind of thinking is where the brilliance of masculine mental energy really shines. No offense or slight to the warrior women out there, btw… but this kind of thinking is so far outside the realm of the kinds of thoughts I normally have, I’m just astonished … impressed … and perhaps feel a little safer knowing somebody thinks of these things. And it seems automatic; the whole dialogue - including thought time & typing time - was about 40 minutes. Incredible! :wink: Z

1 Like

Oh, I think I now understand why the vision SK and Alenia gave zoe had “DKM Like” in it. This really applies to the my recent practical lesson and I think it will be of alot of help in future confrontations.

Also on a side note. Be as indirect as possible when targeting these things. Like the money for example. If it’s tied to the stock market then hit his stock options if it’s in a bank or multiple banks make those companies fail or lose the funds somehow. Try to make it look more like a string of bad luck than someone working magick against them. Don’t let them know you’re coming at all if you can.

Should this magician be keen to such things, or perhaps queries his spiritual contacts as to why he seems to have a recent bout of bad luck, and is then informed of the operation at hand …
well, let’s back up. Is there a way to influence his familiars to lead him astray, or perhaps deceive him?
What is the best way to stay informed of his attention to the attack should it occur?
And if his familiars just happen to be in the know and are able to lead him to his attacker - I would assume the immediate course of action would be to surround one with as much protection possible. If he’s a skilled magician it would be pointless to launch a full scale attack, no question.
Does it come to gtfo of dodge until it blows over or are there still strategies of spiritual warfare that may be of merit, even in such a dire circumstance?

In my experience most spirits hold allegiance to no one person in particular. Say this person was relying on paimon for his influence it is my belief that paimon would gladly aid you in your concealment simply because of the power of the act itsself and may even help in other ways. Divination is also a good factor in planning how you’re going to go about this as it can show you vulnerabilities as well as pitfalls in your own plans. I’d be sure to contact all your spiritual allies and see what their suggestions are because they probably already know what you’re up to as well as using divination to see who/what can be trusted and what might be effective in your plans. Scrying to see what the person does in their day to day life and getting to know them on a personal level wouldn’t hurt either.

As for your other question routes of escape and protective measures should be done and planned out before ever even starting such a campaign. In the event of failure and you are discovered there is little chance of fighting successfully unless you are able to have a direct confrontation with your target at that time. And you may have to lay low until they give up on finding you if it is possible to do so.

[quote=“DKM, post:11, topic:227”]Should this magician be keen to such things, or perhaps queries his spiritual contacts as to why he seems to have a recent bout of bad luck, and is then informed of the operation at hand …
well, let’s back up. Is there a way to influence his familiars to lead him astray, or perhaps deceive him?
What is the best way to stay informed of his attention to the attack should it occur?
And if his familiars just happen to be in the know and are able to lead him to his attacker - I would assume the immediate course of action would be to surround one with as much protection possible. If he’s a skilled magician it would be pointless to launch a full scale attack, no question.
Does it come to gtfo of dodge until it blows over or are there still strategies of spiritual warfare that may be of merit, even in such a dire circumstance?[/quote]

Well in the case of the dude I went against recently, I sent out a scout to gather information on him before coming up with a plan. He was essentially a lone gunman his only accomplices being ones he created. This isn’t always a luxury one has though as sometimes a persons enemy might be an entire order. I remember EA once said he would have been dead many times over if he didn’t have an army of spirits surrounding him. So my advice would be to build your army in anticipation to the day that may come when someone serious may come after you for one reason or another. Make sure you have a variety of things on your side they might not expect. There’s no better way to counter a tough enemy then preparing for it well in advance.

[quote=“Kitari, post:12, topic:227”]In my experience most spirits hold allegiance to no one person in particular. Say this person was relying on paimon for his influence it is my belief that paimon would gladly aid you in your concealment simply because of the power of the act itsself and may even help in other ways. Divination is also a good factor in planning how you’re going to go about this as it can show you vulnerabilities as well as pitfalls in your own plans. I’d be sure to contact all your spiritual allies and see what their suggestions are because they probably already know what you’re up to as well as using divination to see who/what can be trusted and what might be effective in your plans. Scrying to see what the person does in their day to day life and getting to know them on a personal level wouldn’t hurt either.

As for your other question routes of escape and protective measures should be done and planned out before ever even starting such a campaign. In the event of failure and you are discovered there is little chance of fighting successfully unless you are able to have a direct confrontation with your target at that time. And you may have to lay low until they give up on finding you if it is possible to do so.[/quote]

Yeah that’s pretty much what I did when planning out the operation.

Gotta watch it with the scout thing though if it’s of your own creation it can be traced back to you.

Planning to take Eric out? Just kidding :-))

hahaha, yeah right. That would be a suicide mission if ever there was one :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

Ha…It is good to see I am not the only mischievous joker here.

Maxx

Mischievous joker? I am shocked!! :-p

He’s not, but I do have a pact with him. Do you think that link could be traced as easily? Though I did instruct him to hide and he does seem to be very good at hiding. Most psychics don’t pick up on his presence.

If this magician is of a ceremonial ilk then get a strong Vodoun practitioner to attack your subject. Besides being something that can get through most of his defenses, he won’t be familiar with this type of attack style in time to make a difference.