To those of you who have etsy shops

[url=https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/16431979/]https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/16431979/[/url]

We may be fucked.

Well, I’m getting fed up with Etsy anyway. I have not listed anything new over there in quite some time. They are starting to play the “we are the supreme rule making gods” role over there just like greed-bay.

Technically, they cannot lawfully remove those shops even if it does promise results. I bet they wouldn’t remove a christian shop selling prayer mats that claim the mats bring you closer to god during prayer. As long as the shop states “for entertainment purposes only” it does not matter if they say here, eating this pile of dog shit will bring you $1,000.

I think it’s pretty crappy that they make metaphysical and occult based religions and belief systems state “entertainment only”, they sure as heck don’t make the other religions state that. This is why E.A. places such a notice on his books, to avoid legal troubles. But most of those shops on Etsy are wiccan based and they don’t have the balls to stand up and speak out against it.

1 Like

Legal issues. Forgive them.

Just another thought popped into my head.

Why not evoke something to go and tell them to reverse the policy? Or prove that goofer dust works…?

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:2, topic:5472”]Well, I’m getting fed up with Etsy anyway. I have not listed anything new over there in quite some time. They are starting to play the “we are the supreme rule making gods” role over there just like greed-bay.

Technically, they cannot lawfully remove those shops even if it does promise results. I bet they wouldn’t remove a christian shop selling prayer mats that claim the mats bring you closer to god during prayer. As long as the shop states “for entertainment purposes only” it does not matter if they say here, eating this pile of dog shit will bring you $1,000.

I think it’s pretty crappy that they make metaphysical and occult based religions and belief systems state “entertainment only”, they sure as heck don’t make the other religions state that. This is why E.A. places such a notice on his books, to avoid legal troubles. But most of those shops on Etsy are wiccan based and they don’t have the balls to stand up and speak out against it.[/quote]

I wonder what are the odds that eating a pile of dog shit would bring 1 thousand dollars. hmm… I wouldn’t do it any cheaper than… I don’t know is there a large enough sum of money to make me eat dog shit actually, but i’m sure someone would!

Uh yeah, people are gullible, someone out there would definitely eat dog shit if they truly believed it would bring them money. LOL

I saw an article on the etsy closing thing today, I warned the other sellers on one of the marketplaces I sell on, to go check their etsy shops if they sell anything metaphysical, and we had a discussion. The non-judgemental people on that forum said, so they’re banning witchcraft products that promise results eh? Why are they not also banning facial creams that promise anti-aging effects which don’t ever hardly work either? and similar products that promise results but never deliver them. They agreed etsy is in the wrong here.

But of course, I had to snap at someone on that forum because he started posting hahahahah get a load of this garbage, those pagan nutjobs are gonna protest again. I’m not pagan, but I do spells, and I know many people who make a decent income from offering magickal services, so I had to chime in and say if the buyer is happy with their purchase then who cares what they’re selling on etsy as long as it’s not drugs, vials of blood, organs, actual people, bottles of poison, you know, illegal shit.

Ebay did this a few years back too. It’s discrimination. Those people selling anti-aging creams, weight loss products, shampoos for hair regrowth, stuff that hardly ever works, they can still sell their stuff online as long as they put a disclaimer in their listing and on the products like results not typical, results not guaranteed, for entertainment purposes only, etc. So why can’t those offering magickal services or products do the same? I’d be willing to bet money if someone came to etsy selling those miracle healing loaves of bread of christ whatever, etsy wouldn’t say a thing to them. And those selling spell kits, are being forced by etsy to change the name to prayer kits, and they can only sell the spell kits now if they are for angelic magick or angelic manifestations. No god, goddess, or demon kits allowed from what other members are telling me.

1 Like