To the Aspiring Psion

Why didn’t I post this in New Mage help? Because it will be a tale of my failings in psionics and how to STEER CLEAR of them. My psionic awakening has finally truly begun, it has taken the longest of all path’s I’ve tried and is the most notable.

Here’s a mistake with psi-balls:

You can’t treat them like direct magic, their not. You need to be relaxed, not in TG but completely relaxed, and should invoke omnipotence before them. Most psi-balls before my trying of these two failed.

Also, you need to raise energy. Don’t try using your own, it can make you tired and not work sometimes.

I was trying to manifest chaos in a quiet place once, and everyone started talking and yelling once the psi-ball gained charge and was sent to just mozy about the room. Arguments broke out, as well as someone having a panic attack. THAT is success.

Lesson: It’s more of a magical process than you think it is. Oh, and the supervillain mindset helps a lot with it for some reason. That’s just my experience.

Here’s a mistake with thoughtforms:

Very recently I thought: “Well, if I can change a person’s mind with thoughtforms, why shouldn’t I change a team’s?” So I flipped channels until I found something, a volleyball match or something and found the team with the lowest score. So I made a thoughtform to improve the losing team’s skill and communication, and make the winning team fail more and not communicate well.

I did a quick mental projection and secured the charged thoughtform over the losing team’s side of the court.

Interesting thing to note: I fell asleep. When I woke the teams had switched places for some goddamn reason. The team that I had improved? Originally the score was 8-3 when I turned it on. Then it became 8-12.

But the team that was now losing, once winning? In the next few minutes they evened up the score and then WON.

I dropped the remote and blinked.

Lesson: Be careful about how you program your thoughtforms, AND BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU PLACE THEM.

Here’s a mistake you can make when attacking someone:

When an attack seems to just not effect a person, investigate further. Now, most likely this is just a simple defense formed by a certain type of mind or guardian.

These are easy to break, but not so easy to DETECT. (Underline, star, bold, whatever you need to do to make that important)

Well, how do you detect them? I’ll give you tree methods.

UNO: Pendulum!
DUE: Asking a spirit.
TREES: Ramming it until something happens.

You see if you read my posts I never both with methods one and two. When I notice a CHANGE in my target is when I think “He was shielded?”

Don’t waste your time with three.

Anyways, I’ll post more as I grow as a psion. Despite how easy Mr. Chuck makes it seem, psionics is not the easiest path to take up and MUCH more difficult without a machine. I don’t want aspiring psions making my same dumb mistakes, so this is advice for all who are curious.

Stride forth,
-Sev

3 Likes

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:1, topic:2902”]I did a quick mental projection and secured the charged thoughtform over the losing team’s side of the court.

Interesting thing to note: I fell asleep. When I woke the teams had switched places for some goddamn reason. The team that I had improved? Originally the score was 8-3 when I turned it on. Then it became 8-12.

But the team that was now losing, once winning? In the next few minutes they evened up the score and then WON.[/quote]

Any programmer would have seen that one coming. Your thought form got applied to the losing team, no matter who that happened to be. It was working exactly as you made it, the problem was in the logic flow.

Cusp pointed out another fault, which is a good point.

Things get weird when you program energy: What you mean is exactly what you get.

A fun thing to put into your programming: “unpredictable destructive phenomenon”

Hi Sevarn nice to hear your progress and effects!
You got me some brilliant ideas :smiley:

[quote=“dellamage, post:4, topic:2902”]Hi Sevarn nice to hear your progress and effects!
You got me some brilliant ideas :D[/quote]

I inspire the aspiring! It’s not one of my better qualities, but if it helps, good.