To Hire or DIY?

I can trust my own abilities, although maybe at times things don’t manifest as quickly or easily as I would like. I know that has to do with the nature of the work - things manifest when the manifest and there could be so much happening around getting me what I want that I simply don’t see. Honestly though, between my job, lusting for result, finding time to do work when we are all together all of the time and sometimes not giving things the proper energy and focus, I wonder if I might be better off hiring someone to do work for me. What are y’alls thoughts and experiences with paying for a ritual vs. doing it yourself? I want to hear all the positive and negative honestly - including cost (DM me). I have been thinking about this for a while and I want to be able to make an informed decidion. TIA!

1 Like

You don’t have belief in your own magick so you are better off hiring someone else

Even great magicians wont guarantee you success.

2 Likes

I know there are no guarantees - I think I am more wondering about energy, I guess…

Absolutely not.

Magick has a weird dichotomy between structure of the magician and the belief of the magician. Belief isn’t really a complete expression of the idea that the way you are is the way you create. If you are restricted by this structuring, summoning someone else in wont always do the trick, especially in you case. Despite the fact that you’re using someone else’s power, the result must still go through you and your structure, it’s intended for you.

All being said, it’s impossible to say if they can do it better than you, because ultimately you will be doing some of it, a good part of it. Work on yourself then.

4 Likes

Let me see if I can make this more clear… The responses I have received seem to be focused on the idea that I have no faith in what I can do. Not having things happen easily or quickly doesn’t mean I don’t believe in myself - I think that’s just magic, y’all.
To me it’s more like asking about planning an event. Do I have the time and energy to do all the work myself or do I hire someone to do it for me?
I am just asking about others’ experiences.

It’s not my call if you hire someone or not, it’s yours. The same thing may happen regardless

2 Likes

I tend to lean more towards DIY personally. I am that kind of person that approaches challenges as puzzles. The failures just inspire the obsession to find the solution, even if I have to throw my design out entirely and begin from scratch.

That being said, one of the aspects I enjoy about this forum and ultimately this business is the idea of Consulting, whether free or paid. Sometimes all that an individual needs for the break through is another pair of eyes to glance over things and make a suggestion one might have missed. Then the individual can ponder it and possibly apply it to their work and observe the results.

I do not find the idea of paying someone for ritual a bad thing. There might not be a guaranteed results, but that is also true with DIY as well. There are magicians who also incorporate consultation as well as evidence of performing the ritual that might hold nuggets of inspiration for future work as well, which can be as valuable as the result itself (at least in my eyes). It obviously is going to cost more than DIY and there is a risk of being scammed if we do not shop around like you would for anything else, but that is ultimately your call to make. I am thinking of one day paying for a ritual or two when I have more free money available to experience what it is like for myself. I can only compare it to readings I have paid for while also being a tarot reader. There is much that can be learned through observing someone else.

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question with your personal views on the subject - it’s exactly what I asked for and I appreciate it.

2 Likes

If you keep doubting your magic abilities it will definitely fail.

If you want to evoke a spirit and you think conjurations wont work then it will definitely fail.

OP was doubting whether it is better to hire or do it himself.

If he is confident enough and can do magick with no doubt then it is better to diy.

1 Like

yes, but that doesn’t mean hire someone else

Because it will STILL fail if you are stopping your own manifestation with non belief

1 Like

Hmm thats right too

1 Like

also not always necessarily true depending on the situation

1 Like

I think this is more than a valid question to ask.

I’ve had great success with my own workings, but I did have a period where I was overworked and exhausted from my regular life and paid for a community ritual - obviously made some research and knew these brujas beforehand, thus felt totally confident in their workings.
Everytime I saw a change in the desired situation.

The question should be probably - do you have the time and eagerness to amplify your own abilities so that you can trust both options?
I know that if I need to conjure something fast, I would do the work better just because I’m already prepared with everything and only need to have some time to concentrate.

3 Likes

Thanks for replying. I have paid to have work done before. However, both times it was for someone other than myself. It was a reading and then the suggested aura cleansing. I don’t think I would have felt comfortable doing either of those things because I don’t know that I would have been detached enough for them to have been effective. I certainly have worked on raising the level of my abilities over the last few years, so DIY is my best bet. I think I am better able to help me than anyone else. I am not saying my abilities are better or more powerful, just that I think I know myself better than anyone I would hire. I do wonder sometimes, though.

2 Likes

Looking back on the Astaroth work that I did, where I allowed unconditional possession from a demon I barely knew, I really wish I would have given in to my thought that perhaps I should have a consultation with a professional. I would hope they would have talked me out of the crazy stupid things that I did.

I normally do all my own work, but at the time I just had too many negative emotions and could not handle it and made stupid rash decisions.

2 Likes

This is very peculiar…

anyway I would DIY, even if you were to hire the success rate doesn’t change nor does the failure rate. So save yourself some money.

2 Likes

People have paid for magick for centuries. Results always vary for various reasons.

It is possible to hire another magician to do your work for you but then if you’re still filled with anxiety and doubt you can actually ruin thier working on your behalf.

I think that is possible. yes.Depends on the person and who is casting.Other factors etc. Keep trying different shit is my approach.

That depends if the one doing the ritual or magick for you will is weaker or stronger than your own whether your anxiety and doubt affect the results.