Timothy's New Book

Who here is considering a purchase?

I love reading his stuff. I may take the plunge after work and pry open the coin purse. Anybody else?

Hardcover or digital?

No i am NOT affiliated, just a fan.

[quote=“Rahnoren, post:1, topic:9264”]Who here is considering a purchase?

I love reading his stuff. I may take the plunge after work and pry open the coin purse. Anybody else?

Hardcover or digital?

No i am NOT affiliated, just a fan.[/quote]

No, for a few reasons:

• His “Devil” is merely a shadow, “The Devil” is just our own shadow’s higher self. So he’s not expressing any sort of Luciferian/Satanistic/dark-word-here entity, he’s expressing a side of himself personally. I don’t need to study his shadow, that’s like trying to figure out why a blade of grass moves when the wind blows.

• “Living in the heart of humanity” - psychological archetype, magically useless. The “Greatest Antihero of All Time” is not a man-made concept. They are words ascribed to an entity. And his depiction is wrong, but I am not permitted to say more on the identity.

• Philosophy is utterly useless when one comes to the tears of infinity. Everything is, and is not. Paths are dissipated, as all roads are open. Trying to resolve “existential angst” is irrelevant when you’ve arranged a world that is utterly hostile, or are trying to lose the human form.

• Aside from his ascribing the title of Antichrist to philosophers, which are just men too simple to become mages, he tried to “refute” grey and white magic. That is a misguided effort, because you can’t “refute” entire fields of sorcery. Dark, light, and the grey exist in balance, and all for their own reasons.

• I believe it was in EA’s video reveal of Timothy’s black magic book, but apparently Timothy believes godhood is a “metaphor for control over one’s circumstances” or something…? That’s wrong. Tales of power are only that for those with not enough power to use them.

Good points Velotak. I decided to hold off, hours before reading your post just now. I watched the promo material again and made my decision. I enjoyed that short thing he wrote and gave away. I own some of the BALG grimoires.

I made the decision to keep my purchasing of any BALG material to strictly books on magick systems, if any at all.

I’m at the point where throwing another book on the pile won’t do much. My practice may even suffer with the distraction.