Time To Take Some Time Off

Well, the title pretty much says what this topic is all about. It’s a been a trending over the past year that many people have taken lengthy, if not permanent hiatuses from this forum. For some it has been due to have a great deal of differences with the content and decorum presented by this forum and the whole BALG movement at large. For others, the reasoning has been based solely on a need to embark on an intensive working within the magickal/occult/spiritual arena. For me, I would fit into the latter group.

I was thinking to type a very long explanation of the different points of this and that around my decision, but not only is that irrelevant to most of you and what you are doing, it is not really pertinent to my reason for making this public. Rather, I am making this public because I need something here that will makes me accountable in front of the community for what I say I am going to do. I have left for extended periods of time previously, but the truth is that I came back far sooner than I wanted to.

I got a lot I need to do, and if I were to come back any time before 90 days, I probably reneged or just sat on my ass the whole time. So in doing this, I got something that can be referred to by the community that holds me accountable for what I am supposed to be doing.

Most everyone here that I know has some way of contacting me off-forum. However, to those who might not, I will be giving out my skype and email to those people. Now, this doesn’t mean that I will be available on all those mediums a lot either, but in case of some sort of emergency, folks who know me can get at me.

I’m not sure when I would be coming back around, but I know that I will not be back here for at least 100 days. I’ve met some cool and interesting people, and wound up making a few friends. But I got to take care of some business, and if I don’t place a metaphorical wall on myself, I’ll just keep doing the same shit I was always doing. So I’m done by the end of Wednesday folks. It’s been cool.

Good luck in what you are attempting Gza. I will pop up in your life just to say hi and make sure you are ok.

Seriously…you can’t get rid if me, I am like a bad wart.

That’s so typical of White Jesus…come around get everyone enamored with you and then disappear.

Best of luck man
TWF

Yea I mean apparently a lot more people like me here than I thought. However, and I talked with you TWF about this, I feel I have given the impression of having WAY more practical experience that I actually do. Maybe I have a high degree of empathetic intellectualism, but most of my insights come from thinking about shit and living just normal life. Since this is a place about magickal practice and technique, I’m pretty much talking out of my ass most times.

While you may not have a lot of practice experience there certainly is a ton of wisdom in your words.

Your thread about mastering the basics got a standing ovation from me :slight_smile:

I shall miss the humour and wisdom of the White Jesus :slight_smile: Good luck with your work and may your path be ever fruitful.

Lots of warm best wishes from me and I think you’re making a great call there to put yourself first. You have my e-mail I hope, if not it’s [email protected] and any time you want to drop us a line, you’re more than welcome!

[quote=“Orismen, post:5, topic:3174”]While you may not have a lot of practice experience there certainly is a ton of wisdom in your words.

Your thread about mastering the basics got a standing ovation from me :)[/quote]

Well I appreciate it a lot. One of the main things for me is that this wisdom, in my life, is mostly ungrounded in terms of experiential application.

Another reason is that what I am about to start doing is gonna be my full-time “job”. We’re talking no less than 7 hours a day at this point, and I may be looking at 9. I am fully stoked for it, but the amount of time I spend here is directly in conflict with that practice.

Best of luck man, good on you for attending to your own priorities. I’ll miss your posts here but I look forward to what’s coming once you’ve taken care of what you need to.

Freedom is the ability to define our own limitations (creations, realities).
They can manifest when we cut off all other conflicting possibilities.
Luckily they are all temporary stepping stones.

@the1gza - God speed, Your way.

Alright, well see you around chicago sometime then!

Appreciate your honesty. That says alot about you! As long as this isnt a fuckin joke and your gonna come back under a hidden alias lol… seriously though whatever you doing its cool. I can see how talking on here could be a problem. the first couple days I got on here I read through every post. then I realized I hadn’t done anything in 3 days to advance spiritually or magickally and I decided right at that point I would not spend more then 15 to 30 minutes a day on here ever. while I am browsing and typing on my piece of shit phone i can only talk and theorize about things i need to practice

You’re not talking out of your ass, you just haven’t caught on with the part that is doing some of the talking yet :slight_smile: Good luck with your work. Some advice, be careful with comings and goings, the last thing you want is for your magickal practice to be based in desolation and isolation. The isolation is sometimes a blessed necessity, but regardless the goal is to be here and do the work. Not be here and close all doors and then be able to do the work, then open them up again and no longer be able to do the work. It doesn’t take a genious to figure out where that leads to.

Btw I’ll respond to your message tomorrow likely :slight_smile:

You’re not talking out of your ass, you just haven’t caught on with the part that is doing some of the talking yet :slight_smile: Good luck with your work. Some advice, be careful with comings and goings, the last thing you want is for your magickal practice to be based in desolation and isolation. The isolation is sometimes a blessed necessity, but regardless the goal is to be here and do the work. Not be here and close all doors and then be able to do the work, then open them up again and no longer be able to do the work. It doesn’t take a genious to figure out where that leads to.

Btw I’ll respond to your message tomorrow likely :)[/quote]

Hahaha I am already isolated on a “physical” scale mostly, and that isolation is largely due to me waiting to start working hahaha. I will have a pretty decent isolation ahead of me, but that’s simply because I haven’t got the wheels turning. It’s like any beginner work; when you first learned to tie your shoes, it could be like a 5-minute affair just to tie them. But after you get it down, it’s not only quicker, but you learn new ways that are more efficient methods or tying the shoe. I mean I learned like 8 ways to tie my shoes when I was a kid hahaha :slight_smile:

My goal is to strengthen and unlock myself well enough to get myself operating within the primordial fields. This requires a strengthening and rearrangement of my whole self; there’s a lot of physical body work that has to go down, too. So in consideration of that, this is what is contributing to the extensive freshman period of work, getting myself rewired so that I can shift into that primordial field of operation.

However, once there I am working to shift the stuff into being more automatic, more natural, and less formulaic or mechanical. Being able to set up things that allow for the maintenance of strengthening of integrated human systems (chakras and bodily glands, nadis and nerve centers, etc.,), being able to merge knowledge and skill within power forms (i.e. multidimensional selves, shamanic gifts of power), and creating primordial structures that can help facilitate my goals will help me free up time so that I can experience my power rather than retreating into chasing it constantly.

I do know what you mean about the isolation, and it is somewhat of a concern. I got some asking around to do here so that I can get some lasting advice on the matter from a more in-depth scale. I’m just glad you’re looking out for me, as I am pursuing some things you are talking about as well, and integrating them in my practice. Thanks my good man, I really appreciate your concern and advice.