Time for reflection

[url=http://conjuring-chaos.blogspot.com/2014/04/back-to-magick-journal-revisiting.html]http://conjuring-chaos.blogspot.com/2014/04/back-to-magick-journal-revisiting.html[/url]

Thought I’d share this for all of those who feel like they’re not getting anywhere or not getting where they want to be fast enough.

Excellent blog post!

Great article, thanks for sharing.

Magic is tough (at least to me) and I’ve not even reached the 10% of what I wish I could do. Everyday brings something new to learn or think about or makes me realize how long is still the path.

So true about the pendulum exercise. One thing I’ve tried doing to keep my attention a bit more focused is to visualize the pendulum in a color or shape and style that is more visually appealing.

Also allowing the pendulum to morph from your original type every 30 seconds or so, then through various colors, styles and then back to the original can help at keeping your attention focused. You may have tried that, I don’t know, but it works for me. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Virdon Djinn, post:4, topic:3017”]So true about the pendulum exercise. One thing I’ve tried doing to keep my attention a bit more focused is to visualize the pendulum in a color or shape and style that is more visually appealing.

Also allowing the pendulum to morph from your original type every 30 seconds or so, then through various colors, styles and then back to the original can help at keeping your attention focused. You may have tried that, I don’t know, but it works for me. :)[/quote]

I tried to keep everything constant, I’m one of those guys who can visualize churning storm clouds and boiling water for a good period but a simple number 2 pencil sitting on a desk will kick my ass.

Have you ever been sitting in a room, and your eyes have suddenly been drawn over to where there’s a spider or some type of bug skittering along?

Our eyes are drawn to movement instinctively, for obvious survival reasons, so a lot of people find static objects harder to visualise because there’s far less of the brain’s general gubbins devoted to processing them, they have a far lower priority and so on, so that’s probably why the pencil’s far more difficult.