Through the nine worlds of Yggdrasil; pathworking (Journal)

It’s very historical but you can also get ideas from the historical stuff, besides history always helps.

Also there is Freiya Norling too

2 Likes

I’ll add the theoretical aspects of the rune later, as of today I want to recount a recent vision based experience with the rune. I used the approach described in one of the post to unlock the visual based experience of the rune; meaning that I was sitting on my heels and placed the Pertho rune infront of the Odhínn idol and lighting some myrr incense as well and placed two white candle on the left and right side of the idol. I then tried to connect to the rune using just my mind and intoning the name of the rune nine times. I was only partially successful with this method as sure enough vibrating the name of the rune induced a light trance state meaning the background turns light blue light someone places a light blue filter in front of my eyes along with a little bit of static. And as I closed my eyes and imgined the shape of the rune behind my closed eyelids, I just saw that, nothing else happened it was like I was barred from seeing anything or feeling aything. Then I felt the need to get my whiskey in the kitchen, I should mention I try to steer clear of whiskey for a couple of reasons the most prominent being alcoholism in the family and because I love the taste of Whiskey it’s addictive, hence why I have some at home to test my will, to ensure I don’t become an alcoholic plus I indulge in it rarely and then only with friends, I should mention that I don’t believe in abstinence. Plus it’s expensive buying some from the liqour store so that’s another side of it. In any case, I poured som whiskey in my drinking horn and said the following;

Hail to Odhinn the All father, The Wise One, The One-Eyed Wanderer, King of Aesir, Lord of Valhallah, God of Poets, Warriors and Kings.
I raise this whiskey in your honour so that you may partake in this drink with me.

I then lowered the drinking horn with the whiskey and used my free hand to dig up my carved Pertho rune out of the bag and dropped it inside the drinking horn and then chanted the name of the rune nine times.

I then raised the hor n again at eye level, whereas previously I raised it above my head and said the following;

As this whiskey leaves this drinking horn and into me so shall the knowledge and power of this rune also be poured into me, you may partake and share this drink with me, inspire me with your knowledge and the power of this rune.

I then drank all of the whiskey, the taste was a lot stronget than usual, plus the the taste was weird but that could’ve just been the bone of the rune or the horn itself, the taste was a bit bitter (I cleaned out the horn before pouring whiskey into it, just saying). It produced a tingling sensation especially in my forehead along with my hands and arms. It also gave me a clear headache on the left side of my skull, it was dull but still noticeable. I then gazed lightly at the rune and chanted its name nine times the blue field along with the static appeared again but much quicker however the static I was tlaking appeared was a lot more intense this time and as I closed my eyes after the rune seemingly faded out of existence before my eyes the following vision started to take shape.

I should mention I used ritual music for this, this song:

It helped to say the least. At any rate I saw two warriors sitting infront of one another, they sort of looked like this;

Except the beard was larger, as well as the helmets had no horns. The scenery was being viewed as if it had been drawn on black and white paper, there were no sounds in this part of the vision. Then as this scene faded, the rune appeared again on a tree and then blue threads began spreading out all around it, much like a spiders web (likely refering to the web of wyrd) all over in my inner vision. Then the field was encapsulated around the earth. At some points there were large concentrated nodes of energy, then all of a sudden these points started to released blood or a blood-like fluid that eventually covered all over the globe, the energy (spider like web) also extended in the comos around me but it was much more faint than the part of which were around the earth before the blood fountain appeared. This is where the visions stopped. And I was aware of my body at this moment, but I simply couldn’t move I really tried moving a muscle but I couldn’t I was vaugely aware of the music but I couldn’t do anything until the song stopped playing, aferwarfs I was a bit shaken and confused abour this experience recorded my vision and have been spneding some time to make sense of it, as well as recording new one’ since then.

That’s it about the first visual experience regarding this rune for now. I should mention the names of the rune and most of their meaning is something I tried working with before, but I weren’t partculary succesful with back in the day so some of the thoeretical concepts are there but the practical bit it what was missing, which is now being filled in.

2 Likes

:smirk: Some one rang? Lol I joke. My name is Megan. Sorry for derailing with my silliness :persevere:

That is an amazing ritual and I will have to try it.
Also 9 is a good number for galdr. Isnt the same number of days that odin hung himself on the tree of ygridrasil?

1 Like

It should be Maegen (if I remember the spelling correctly), but still lolz! XD

Indeed it’s the amount of days that Ódhínn hung by Yggdrasil according to the Eddas. I was intuitively guided to do it nine times. And I should also mention that the number nine, is a very frequently reoccurring number in Norse mythology along with the number three (f.e. The three Norns).

1 Like

I really like your process in all this.

I haven’t started working my wyrd yet or runes. I’m still too undiciplined and am still working on creating a flame in my minds eye that I throw all my thoughts in as fuel to get silence.

But I like that you take nine days with each rune and also that you don’t really follow any system of order for them.

I need to get a drinking horn and sacrificial Bowl. I’m wanting to make all mine from scratch or almost scratch. And your process gives me a lot of good info to start with. Thank you for sharing!

Oh and my name in Anglo Saxon means strength and power. It hails from the clan of Megan. Ironically anglo saxon makes up a large majority of my lienage. I had always thought i was more irish and that my name meant pearl lol

1 Like

Great stuff that you take your time creating each item from scratch that isn’t easy and it takes a lot of hard work. At some point I will create a ritual drum but that’s another story. Items created by your own hand is said to hold the most power according to legend as it doesn’t have to go through the process of being attuned to the energy first, thus making it more ready and compatible with you along with manifesting your energy in a more direct manner. Drinking horns can be made from any animal with rounded horns, it’s easier to purchase these however if you can find one laying around kudos to you, that likely the gods have directly intervened on your behalf to help you find something to use.

My actual first name is Sten which translates to stone, although the name that is used to adress me personally spoken my those who know me, is different. The name is an Old-norse name , the spelling varies slightly it seems, the meaning though remains the same.

1 Like

I’m hoping I can do a fast and then go up into the mountains where I live and find the right items. also maybe seeing if I can ask a land wight or dark elf (I forget the right names for these spirits) or dwarf spirit to bind themselves to a helper stone for me.

Im wanting to make my own wood runes not sure which kind. Maybe birch or aspen or oak or pine. Just depends on what calls. Right now I’m settling on making some almandine garnet ones (which is one of Friggas stones and also my birthstone) until I can go hiking and collect the wood. It would be awesome to find some rams horns. They have mountain rams where i live…but I don’t think rams just shed their horns? Would also be cool to find some antlers and animal jaw bones so I can start making items for shaman work.

I like the shaman drum. Ive been looking at Sami ones and they are beautiful. Id also like to make a staff as I intend to walk the path of the volvä.

I plan on this taking a long time. This is turning out to be more of a entire lifestyle change for me than just a spiritual belief change. And it will help me to create discipline in my craft and self as well as be creative and productive. All of which I am working on fostering as ive been behaving like a lazy millennial for a while now :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

I LOVE Heilung!

1 Like

I honestly can’t wait for you guys to look into Seidr! It’ll be fun

2 Likes

Second this! And wardruna, and danheim lol and skäl there are a few more that I can’t remember the names of who also give me goosebumps.

3 Likes

Im also excited about this. I’m going to start the book norse goddess magic: trancework, mythology and ritual by Alice Karlsdóttr here soon as well as some edric thorson futhark, and a couple others. Right now I’m mainly trying to just build my meditation up to get a clear mind and go from there. And I also watch a lot of freyia norling whom I’m in total love with lol

2 Likes

Ooh you should read uthark

2 Likes

I watched norlings video on that. I think it’s brilliant that they began with destruction and end with growth. I looked for a book but couldnt find one :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

I have read that book already. Howeve, I think I’ll understand it a bit more this time around than I did when I first began.

1 Like

I’ll add this image of my newly brought to life ritual mjölnir or ritual hammer.

That’s before opening it up, and this is after it has been opened up and empowered to be used;

It’s heavy though I think the head weighs about 3 kg (roughly 6.6 pounds) but that’s good though, my forearms need the workout. As I haven’t exactly been hanging out at the gym lately.

As for the overall experience varied between excitement along with a certain somber feeling.

Meaning after unpacking it I used the phrase which is presented in the book; The Heathen - A Viking Grimoire of Norse Sorcery, found on page 137 which is;

”Ritual Mjölnir I bring you into the light and give you Önd” (breath (breath of life)).

I inhaled deeply and then slowly released my breath. It was very warm as it usually is when you exhale slowly, and repeated the process nine times, to me it felt right move all the way from the base up to the head of the hammer. The runes slowly came alive along with the sigil of Thórr. The sigil still remains partially activated however the name Mjölnir still glows like red ember when I observe the rune writing in my inner vision. After finishing the last breath as the rune wiriting and awakened more and more with each breath. The runes definently have come alive on it with out a doubt, although them coming alive primarily was a visual experience, it doesn’t take away from the fact that once the nine breaths has been finished, the hammer felt, well like the hammer had developed some extra layer around, an aura and had thus begun to develop a consciousness of it’s own.

I thought I should add this on here, it felt right for some reason, if you want to get to the nitty gritty on how to make your own hammer I’ll have to refer you to the book. As I gladly relay my tweaks and my own stuff I learn but I can’t take credit for something that isn’t my idea. This post is just a fun tangent for me.

1 Like

I forgot to thank you for the heads up and reminding that book exists. Some keys to some applications are standing to come to me as a result, so thank you @Dragon_Witch .

Regarding Seidr I’d love to get into right away
as I can’t wait to get my hands dirty, however I feel must honour my agreement with Ódhínn by learning the runes first, or as he put it to me today actually;

How can you begin doing something you don’t understand? Begin with the words then I’ll teach you how to construct a sentence of them.

1 Like

This is actually recommended by most practitioners. Seidr can actually be dangerous.

2 Likes

Im really glad I saw this. Ive been biting at the bit to get into seidr thinking i could start it before tue runes. 🤦

Is there anything either of you @Teras390 or you @itsnathanm7 suggest starting with? Ive been hesitating on starting the runes as I’m still needing to get my mind silent during meditation

1 Like

Meditation with the runes, going on walks with a rune stone in hand whilst contemplating the runes, bloody the runes, make offerings to the völvas and vitkis of old, meditation with Odhinn, make offerings to odhinn, Sacrifices, read books on the history of the Nordic people, etc etc

1 Like

Oh and chant the runes

1 Like