Thread for Posting Animals and Such

12 Likes

It turned into zoo here

3 Likes

That sounds a bit like an exaggerated form of husky temperament. They’re similar, but to a lesser extent. She has to be given adequate exercise on a daily basis or she can become destructive as well. She’s also not a guard dog at all, and you have to be the alpha or huskies won’t listen to you at all. They also seem to want to be involved in anything…very much pack-oriented dogs. They see themselves as part of your pack, not as pets. They don’t have wolf content but have a closer DNA profile to wolves than most other breeds (I believe the same is said for chows and malamutes) and she does seem to thrive when fed raw meat a few times a week as well. It seems a lot of people get them, like you said, for their looks, and never put in the work to train them then abandon them when they can’t control them.

3 Likes

Oh that’s so cute!

2 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

I have 7 rats but no good pics of them all together

9 Likes

Exactly and that’s the exact same tragedy with wolfdogs. People don’t think about how much work it really is. I always tell people to not get one and that sounds highly hypocritical, I know. I often gave mine tripe. Ughhhh that smells so bad, I know someone whose Huskies really thrive on it too.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Is that a leech? :flushed:

2 Likes

Thank you ! When I lived in a bigger space I rescured montiors, tegus and other reptiles! Unfortunately I don’t have as much space now but I still have a decent collection!
I wasn’t planning on getting another tegu for a good while when I moved until someone had brought Tank (my current tegu) into my work to give up and he was in such awful condition I just had to take him, and now he sure lives up to his name !

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

Right on! Larger reptiles are definitely a lot of work, time, and money. A lot of people end up letting them go or giving them away because they don’t know what they are getting themselves into I feel. I’m taking it easy until I move into a bigger space, but a tegu is my dream reptile. I had a Nosey Be Chameleon, Kenyan sand boa, 2 bearded dragons, a veiled chameleon, and a pair of red eye crocodile skinks. They have all passed away but they had long lives and were spoiled af, so as of now I only have 3 tarantulas and a cat. But reptiles will always have a soft spot in my heart lmao

4 Likes

9 Likes

When you have the space I Definitely reccomend them ! Tegus are so smart ! They will come up and want to cuddle in your lap or get pet, they’re so sweet
And awe I’ve always wanted some crocodile skinks ! They’re so cool !

2 Likes

5 Likes

They grow up so fast😡

6 Likes

This is my other dog. He lives with my parents because he grew to be very attached to their dog.

10 Likes

Oh trust me I will! I’ve heard that tegus are the “dogs” of reptiles. The crocodile skinks are badass forsure, like mini alligators. Only downside is they are always hiding, super skittish, and keeping humidity extremely high all day everyday can be tricky. But i mean, they look like dragons so who wouldn’t want a pair lol.

2 Likes

:frowning:

2 Likes