Thread for Posting Animals and Such

Does your grey talk ?

2 Likes

Oh my yes. I stopped counting at 300 words. And he’s too smart, sometimes. His intelligence amazes me & sometimes it scares me.

3 Likes

Does it random the words sometimes ? I remember my cockatiel told fat bollocks once :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, sometimes it’s random. Like the time he was quiet for a long time & then just said “earthworm” & was quiet again, lol. And they go through their repertoires at various times. But he basically knows what he’s saying & I can have (basic) conversations with him. They mostly consist of him asking for popcorn & trying to negotiate for it, lol.

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get a cockatiel again. They’re so cute. I feel bad they get night frights, though.

(Right now my bird is whistling & making weird noises. If he hears me talking in another room, he’ll yell out, “Hey, where are you? Come here!” :grin:)

1 Like

:sweat_smile::laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Me too :pensive:

2 Likes

Huskies are similar. I’m not sure how much more extreme it is with this breed but huskies have a reputation for being a difficult breed as well. She is pretty well-trained though…she knows a lot of commands and unlike a lot of husky owners, I don’t actually have to crate her at night or when I leave.

3 Likes

Poor babies.

2 Likes

Happens with budgies too.They get so crazy I sometimes fear of they will kill themselves tbh.

1 Like

7 Likes

No just no :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

12 Likes

A husky is different and you’re right if you don’t put in the work they will become destructive and hard to handle too. I hate seeing people get huskies because they’re beautiful not willing to put in the work. Good for you! But Huskies don’t have any wolf content and a wolf dog will never be a dog. It is kinda sad. They will never submit to their handler, you’re their alpha and they you’re companion they choose to respect you. They are very timid, depending on the level of content, wary of strangers. Which makes them dangerous for other people. They will never be guard dogs even though they are loyal because you’re the alpha, not them. That’s your job. You can never leave them alone with little children ever because of their predatory insticts. You have to deal with them so much differently as a dog, everything is a competition, and it takes a lot of time and energy.

2 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes

@Silh i’m in love with your reptiles. If i had the room for a Tegu i would absolutley get one. You have some stunning creatures no doubt!

2 Likes