Thoughts on Wiccans/Wicca

Yes it was, and fertility cults too. One of the most important rituals is the joining of the masculine (God) and feminine (Goddess) by plunging the athame into a chalice filled with liquid, mimicking intercourse

This is only a watered down version of what I believe the real rites represented

5 Likes

That’s the symbolic version is what they call the Great Rite. The actual form actually involves sex and was done at certain sabbat rituals and the third degree.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s the name i was looking for ! thanks

3 Likes

I’m with Lady_Eva on this one. Its an excellent concealing device that collects up all the weak “spiritualists” who are probably better off not toying with the darker currents. Plus the superstitious dogma regarding karma (the law of three) keeps them boxed in thinking they know what’s up, which is just fine by me.

5 Likes

Wicca as devised by Gerald Gardner was essentially Thelema (GBG was an OTO initiate empowered with a charter from Aleister Crowley to start an OTO body, he only had access to the first three degrees of OTO initiations, which is why most Gardnerian traditions have a 3 degree structure) plus British Revival Druidry (GBG was close friends with Ross Nichols, head of the Order of Bards,Ovates and Druids or OBOD. They liked to get naked together at a naturist resort called Spielplatz) plus some colorful poetry from Doreen Valiente, including the Rede which was basically “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, love is the law, love under will” repackaged. I suspect that as one went further along in that vein of Wicca, one was initiated into certain “truths” that were probably oathbound but would be prosaic to those of us here, like the fourth phase of the Goddess, the Dark Moon, was Lilith or Babalon, which changes the whole Triple Goddess Dynamic. Originally, the Threefold Law meant something different than modern Wicca PR likes to say. Stewart Farrar’s explanation of that law from What Witches Do (I believe thats the book, its been so long since I read it) states that any magical force that meets with a stronger defense will rebound on the instigator with thrice the energy. It has nothing to do with ethics or moralisms, its a claim about magical “physics”. All of this started to make it’s way into the United States in the 1960’s with Ray Buckland and Sybil Leek (which caused quite a bit of consternation with fellows like Howard Stanton Levy, or as some know him, Anton Szandor LaVey, who published a lot of his original Satanic material in response to this “whitewashing” of Witches and Witchcraft). Things got particularly bad in the 1980’s as the Satanic Panic occurred, and anything that Wiccans could do to distinguish themselves from Satanists in the public eye they did, which is when Wicca rebranded itself into the fluffy bunny Llewellyn Publishing money-printing machine known as Neo-Wicca or Eclectic New Age Wicca complete with a moralistic threefold law and Rede all rolled into one so they could say “No, its not us! We don’t believe in the devil and our favorite witch is Glinda! We are all good witches just like in Wizard of Oz! Those other guys, they are the bad ones!” leading to Geraldo Rivera TV specials and the skyrocketing book sales of The Satanic Bible and Simon’s Necronomicon, because those were the two books that teenagers in the late 80’s and early 90’s were not supposed to be reading. They were dangerous. Magic is magic. Techniques are techniques. Some things work for some people, some don’t. For some, dancing around a fire in the middle of a forest under a full moon is what they need to get them there. Some people need a full Golden Dawn lodge ceremony with flashing colors and vibrated Hebrew. Some just need quiet contemplation and a candle. If it works it works. As for the religious part of Wicca, I’m not sure that I would want to deify the system of nature on this planet. Nature is neutral toward human beings. Half of it will feed you, the other half will kill you. Those aren’t good odds. Mother Nature is too fickle. I’ll respect the power of natural things to kill me, and try to avoid those things while I get on with my work.

8 Likes

I regard Wiccans as magical brethren. What was good from my Wiccanish days, I try to keep. I am glad I never stayed Wiccan, but hey, to each his own.

6 Likes

All WITCHES. Buddists, occulists, shamans, Wiccans, pagans, monks and every spritual practitioner out there needs to have each other’s back… INDEGO, Crystal, and Raninbow Children rise and rule into the new world. This solar eclipse is key. Keep wise and asensed to your highest consisnous. :slight_smile: Good luck fellow INDEGO brothers and sisters. :slight_smile: Cu in the new world :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Mine is “Hollywood Wicca” not Hippie Wicca ! :sunglasses:
The kind of Witches/ Wicca shown in Hollywood movies, I call it Hollywood Wicca ! That’s the religion I associate myself with.

B

3 Likes

Like that movie The Craft? Lol

3 Likes

which SPOLIERS. they’re definitely doing a remake/reboot of the movie xD

1 Like

Have you ever seen Blair Witch 2? That Wiccan is a cartoonish version of my feelings of the Wiccan, but ultimately, I’m like . . . maaaah, let em have their fun. Didn’t like one that I lived with.

2 Likes

I thought it was supposed to be a sequal when they are older lol

1 Like

That would make MUCH MORE SENSE AND PROFIT lmao… U know Hollywood… Most innifienct when it comes to what fans want… Can’t they just ask fans online. Cause I love your idea much better :)… So… Lilith huh… What connection does one have with my mother. Queen of the night and mother of all witches and demons :slight_smile:

1 Like

She not just your spiritual mother lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well duh… This I know dear sistar ;)… Just wanted to know if she was yourother also… Tis these “end of days” we find our tribe :). Am I wrong?

1 Like

I met a Satanist in Jail in the 90s named Allen Ramond Donaly, At Pt Lincoln prison was right into Satanism and Black Magic he had this Black Magic spell book, while in Jail, i remember one of the rules in the book he had keep all works of Black Magic a secret, then one day department of correctional services wanted to know about this black Magic or confiscation of occult material from Donaly, so Donaly decided to tell all about it on how destructive black Magic is, the that made matters worse department of correctional services completely ban all forms of occult material in prison, he lost everything on the occult and me to, many month after that Donaly decided to take up Hinduism, that he lost interest then had and really smart ars idea i know i go to Wicca, but i myself struck with Satan, black Magic in myself let alone corrections ban it but stop me thinking about it, know Donaly went to white Magic Wicca correctional services completely approved Donaly practicing Wicca in Jail not the Devil worship black Magic, while Donaly was practice Wicca in Jail he purchased a book called the Goetia the first book of the Lemegeton, the when i want to corrections would allow me but he can, and he purchase crystals but i wasn’t allowed and he had a bag of crystals and when he see me he would jiggle them and rub my face in it, what a bunch of Hypercrites so i was working out in the glass house there was this tin 5kg of raccumin powder ratsack so i thought m i have a great idea correctionals want to get unjust to me allow Donaly to have what ever he wants and cut me out so i open the massive tin of ratsack smelt it this doesn’t smell all that bad, and taste some no tast alright so i hode into it flushed it down with water and someone court me in the act of to hospital i went and saw a psychiatrist for help, the only thing i did have is a inverted pentagram Donaly tells a inverted pentagram is white Magic wicca there’s no such thing as the devil wicca has no consept of the devil wicca doesn’t believe the Devil exist but i know different the devil is real, Allen Remond Donaly likes to twist things as his own ego, self centered arswipe, looks like a mob of chimpanzee

1 Like

Yea I watched that movie far too many times as an adolescent. I could probably recite the entire script. Its helarious.

3 Likes

OMG it is! I just watched it again the other night with my wife for shits and giggles, and what a train wreck lol I used to have it on VHS when I was a kid. Also watched it too many times lol

2 Likes

Not so I am part of an eclectic Wiccan coven and we each worship our own gods and have regular practice with many different entities. Some of us even have backgrounds in Vodun and Satanism. But most wiccans don’t believe in the devil.

6 Likes

I’ve always thought that was a huge flaw in Wicca. I’ve come across wiccans time and time again who will work with angels or at the very least believe in them, yet the dark side doesn’t exist? I’ve questioned them about this and they will give the cliche answer that angels were around before Christianity, but so was the devil so that argument is null. Besides, if wiccans (mind you, not all have this mentality) want to play “witch” then any series study of traditional witchcraft would show these people that the devil actually plays a big role in some streams of the craft. Really, it seems to me that a lot of the wiccans now a days have this desire to be more pure and “clean” to have everyone’s approval. The irony being that they want the acceptance even by the Christian society we live even but will take every chance they can get to bitch about christians themselves. That can lead to a whole different subject about how christians are not the worst ones around and shouldn’t be the focus on their hatred, but I believe there is already a thread around here about those lunatics.

11 Likes