Thoughts on Hell

I wish there were a way to do a poll like the ones on Twitter or even Face Book. Question: Who here believes Hell is not a real place at all? Who believes it is? Why? Same questions about Heaven?

I do believe Hell and Heaven exist, I am not sure which is best though

3 Likes

My understanding of the afterlife is mostly based on Robert Monroe’s works on astral projection. Personally I believe neither of those places exists, and that the afterlife just “is”. I think it’s either similar or the same place as the astral realms, in that your environment can be changed just by your thoughts. If you believe you deserve to go to a “heaven”, then that is what you will create - same thing goes for “hell”.

Now the logistics of this are still something I grapple with. Is the afterlife a reflection of your inner-most beliefs (hence me wanting to rid myself of Xtianity’s chains asap)? Or is it, once you realize you are dead, only then can you change the environment as you will it?

Monroe often speaks of a place after the afterlife as well. After some time, it seemed that those in the “highest” planes of the astral would simply disappear, and he would be unable to lock onto their energy signature and travel to them like he normally could - hinting that they have gone to an “elsewhere” he could not reach. Those in the “lower” astrals would need to climb up to the higher ones in order to move on as well, else they would be re-incarnated once more. The common pattern would be that after every re-incarnation, one would find themselves at a higher plane.

He points out that re-incarnation isn’t necessary to move higher, but it is the easiest way to shed whatever is it that holds one back from their Ascent. To me, that sounds like a lot can be accomplished in one lifetime if one were in tune with their spirituality.

So, “Hell” could be interpreted as the astral planes, and “Heaven” could be whatever it is after that. I’m still open to new ideas though, but this is what I’ve got so far.

5 Likes

I believe it’s a real place, but I don’t believe it’s an afterlife. Same goes for Heaven.

3 Likes

Insure they both are real just not how it is said to be

2 Likes

Hell is nothing more than Satan and Leviathan.

1 Like

The xtian hell/heaven? Why? I’m not a xtian, never was never will be. I’m so tired of xtians always bringing up ‘is hell real?’ The idea of a lower world is SO much older than that, and it’s really distorted beyond usefulness in that religion. It’s been reduced to a mere conceptual stick to beat xtians with. So, no, of course that’s not real.

However, ‘private hells and heavens’ - the ones expecting xtians make for themselves on death - are no more or less real than any other place a person creates for themselves in the astral.

The lower worlds that could be collective ‘hells’ if you want to see them that way have plenty of other names too, so you pays your money, you takes your choice. Try The Book of Hell that talks about the history of the development of the xtian hell mythos… it’s somewhat revealing.

Personally I don’t borrow any words or concepts from xtianity. I don’t even want to spell it’s name right.

4 Likes

My take is simple. You live in your own heaven or hell on earth right now, nothing comes after but the worms consuming your bones. Recycling of elements but dna will be gone, nothing of you left for any kind of afterlife to exist. Therefore, no. I don’t believe those places exist anywhere after the body dies. Souls are eternal, but not if they are made from templates gotten from this life. There are fake souls reincarnating, as I feel we are all perfectly unique as far a souls of all individuals. If your soul comes back in a new body it’s fake. Hell would be that in my definition. Nothing for the afterlife. If I do end up somewhere it will be what I make it to be, not what some religion tells me.

Heaven and Hell is a state of being. Your “afterlife” experience, I believe, is dependant on your dominant vibration. That’s really all I have to say about it.

@Rima I’ve read his books. It’s hard to read someone’s book and say that’s definitely how it is because even the author has certain belief systems that the info they gather has to be filtered through. The only way to know for sure is to experience it for yourself - i.e. go through physical death (not a NDE or astral projection because your interpretation would still be coloured by your filters). Then you’ll know. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:rofl: Sounds about right. :partying_face: @InfernalUnicorn

1 Like

Haha yeah for sure, nothing like being dead to know the afterlife :joy:

1 Like

Heaven for some would be Hell for others and visa versa. :rofl:
The horror of having to spend 15 minutes in Mormon ‘heaven’ :facepunch:

3 Likes

I don’t think any magician seriously deny the existence of these realms, especially necromancers (when it comes to hell). There’s some destruction work that requires the foulest of the foul, and those spirits aren’t just hanging around.

Heaven is trickier.

1 Like

So they are both places we do not go as a result of dying? But they are simply realms I suppose we only see if we intend to do so?

1 Like

Surprisingly (and this is coming from someone who was raised Mormon - seriously - I was.) . The Mormon concept of Heaven is much nicer even for non-Christians than people who never studied as Mormons would think. Believe it or not, Mormons do not believe “good people” or any religion or even those without a religion or any form of spirituality goes to Hell. In fact, they do not even call it Hell. The call it the “Outer Darkness”. It is not a place where you find fire and brimstone or demons torturing condemned souls. It’s merely a desolate wasteland of, well, basically loneliness and separation. That being said, the only people who go there are those who actually make a conscious decision to be there by virtue of actually committing EVIL actions. Evil actions by Mormon definition is actions intentionally made to cause destruction motivated by hate. Basically, an Athiest, Demonolator Satanist, Buddhist, Muslim or whomever… who is basically a good person will still go to Heaven.

Joseph Smith, the founder of the religion, was actually an occultist. So was his brother and his father. When he died (was killed by non-Mormons who stoned him to death), a Solomonic (pentacle of Saturn) was found in his pocket. According to his wife Emma he carried it for as long as she knew him. She assumed it was a Freemasonic medallion as he was a Master Freemason and she did not know any better. She was very mistaken. It was recently donated by the family to a Mormon museum somewhere and they still refer to it as a Masonic medallion even though many scholars have informed them of what it actually is.

And Heaven (for a Mormon) is not the end of the road. Basically, a good person shows up there and continues to evolve spiritually unlike the typical Heaven / Hell dynamic described by Catholics and Protestant Christians who believe you have to subscribe to a specific belief system (just like theirs) to get into Heaven and you have to do so before you draw your last breath on Earth or it’s to late. Mormons believe spiritual evolution continues after death.

Contrary to most Christian beliefs about Mormonism it is a remarkably INCLUSIVE religion. The one thing I still liked about it was that NOBODY EVER preached with the intent to frighten anyone using Hellfire and damnation to control people. In fact, that is a huge “no no” for Mormons. Their people are there because they actually want to be there. And if they choose not to be there anymore for whatever reason - they are not shunned for leaving. That being said, I am speaking of the MAINSTREAM Mormon Church using the name Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS). I am not speaking of those several offshoot cultish groups that still practice polygamy, live on secluded compounds, make their teenage daughters marry old men and wear prairie dresses from 150 years ago. Contrary to popular belief - those are NOT actual Mormons. They do not use Hell-fire and brimstone sermons to control their people either. They use simple fear of being caught and physically punished for disobedience.

2 Likes

Pretty much. Heaven and Hell are just homes for angels and demons respectively.

2 Likes

that’s wild you were raised Mormon! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Xtians tried recently to convert me by saying if I am good and follow them, I will go to heaven and spend an eternity with my family in paradise. This sounds like torture, I would rather take my chances on burning in a fiery inferno forever more.

On a serious note, I have my own version of what I believe. I always remember asking a spirit board this question and the reply was that there are many different levels and planes.

A good afterlife to me would be being with all of my Dogs again.

4 Likes

So, I think when you die, one of two things happens, you either disappear into oblivion, the all or whatever, or you spend an eternity answering questions from ignorant newbies who don’t even understand what you talking about most of the time.

2 Likes

I disagree with all these afterlife ideas. I am a devout and practicing FRISBEE-TERIAN. We believe…nay…WE KNOW! that when you die your soul flies up on the roof of your neighbor’s house and you can’t retrieve it.

1 Like