Thoughts, how to control it?

Hi all again, today I want to ask a question (i know i do too many questions) and is the following is how you control what you think?.. i gonna explain me better, this happens to me when I think of something, for example when it comes to the bus stop this already will be there in the stop or that such thing to pass on a certain day It happens… and when I think magically, or project my energy toward a goal, nothing happens…how you take control of that? someone can advise me?

You have to train yourself to be focused during ritual but detached after. Easier said than done but that’s the trick to getting things to manifest in a timely manner usually. Pour all your desire, anxiety, etc. into that ritual and then let it go. A passing thought about it isn’t going to derail anything but you have to learn not to worry about it.

The reason you’re probably getting results on mundane things is because you’re not terribly worried about the how, when and why. It’s more of a “it would be nice if the bus were at the stop when I got there so I don’t have to wait in the cold” or whatever. You’re not obsessing (for lack of a better word) about how the bus driver is going to accomplish this and you’re probably not convincing yourself it’s an impossible feat because it’s rush hour and there’s no way the bus can make it. You’re just throwing it out there and letting the universe figure out how to accomplish it.

That’s pretty much the trick. Obviously it’s not the reason why a ritual or spell might fail every single time but I think it’s usually the culprit. We have to learn how to get out of our way.

What Junglered explained is referred to as “lust of result”. When I fire off sigils, afterwards I use Austin Spare’s technique of saying “Does not matter, need not be”. By saying this, I disconnect emotionally from the work. If I feel my mind becoming attached to the result of my work, I gently turn my thoughts away from it, and repeat “does not matter, need not be”. Obviously, with some workings, like a ritual for a better job, you need to take action to open up pathways for it to manifest, but do so without focusing on the work you did. Be confident that the universe will deliver without obsessing about it. Like Junglered said, easier said than done, lol.

2 minute exercise.

Imagine you are a cat waiting outside a mousehole for the next mouse. The mousehole is your mind.

Keep waiting until a thought comes.

Record what you learn.

More later.

You can control them if you can be aware of the fact that you’re not your thoughts.You’re the one who thinks.

I have found various methods of controlling the mind to be effective, and Junglered’s post above already covered most of what you need to know about the ‘what to do’ aspect for manifestation.

There are methods to blank the mind, the easiest and most reliable one to use and get results quickly without training the mind itself that I know of is by controlled breathing. This still takes a few minutes but it can be very useful for enhancing your concentration ability.

The key is to breath slowly. There is a common breathing pattern you can look up called the fourfold breath that is useful for a stable mind state.

However if you are going for complete control of the mind you may want to push it further. The method that works best for me is:

Inhale to the count of 1
Hold 2
Exhale 2
Hold 4

Try it with 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 4, seconds, 8 seconds. After 10 or so breaths if you are feeling ok then increase the time, like 3,6,6,12. Repeat 10 breaths, increase again, etc.

If you feel panic and or you feel your lungs convulsing for breath then go back to your last faster count.

While you are doing this take steady, full, diaphragmatic breaths.

Doing this exercise will eventually lead you to conscious experience of highly increased concentration and a clear mindedness that will last for the duration of the exercise and at least several minutes to maybe a half hour depending on how long you do it for.

A simple fast method is to just take a deep breath and exhale slowly. For the duration of the breaths exhale you will have increased concentration ability.

You can also shock yourself by full immersion into a cold shower or bath for a momentary burst of clarity that will last a couple minutes.

Gaining control of the mind itself by the mind itself takes more practice.

dron’s post points out the starting point for this that could eventually lead to mastery. By knowing yourself as the thinker and not the thoughts, you can observe them. Look up Mindfulness to follow along on this method, which will take longer, but leads to permanent and consistent increase in your minds abilities. Plus you can do it while you are doing other things.

The key in this method is using mindfulness in a specific way where you are using your mind’s attention and turning it on itself to observe itself. Another way to describe this is self-reflection.

Another method is to do concentration exercises. This in fact is directly useful and may produce great results for your manifestation ability faster than mindfulness. They both lead to the same end point by different means… like a hard and soft martial art of the mind.

You can look further into any of these things up depending on what you think you might be interested in or worthwhile.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Pain is the best teacher.

Crowley’s Liber III vel Jugorum, using a safety pin stabbed into the meat of the palm rather than a straight razor on the forearm, is remarkably effective.

Pain often is the best teacher. I never stabbed myself in the hand with a safety pin or I’d probably die of blood loss, but I did use a similar technique in the aversion therapy vein.

I kept a rubber band around my wrist at all times (it needs to be somewhat snug so it will hurt when you pop it). Whenever I started stressing or thinking about how/when whatever it is I wanted at the time was going to manifest, I’d pop the hell out of myself. HARD. I also did it when I was itching to check Facebook or any other kind of stalkerish crap that doesn’t help or started thinking “I can’t do this! I’m just me. I have no power. Waaaa”. I popped myself constantly, so much so I got some big welts on my wrist and people looked at me funny. Didn’t matter, what I wanted to happened manifested in about two weeks in the most beautiful and amazingly destructive way. Far, far beyond my expectations because I wasn’t fudging with the energy wondering “how, WHEN???” all the time.

That was the moment I (finally) realized, I was in my own damn way all of this time. My fear, my anxiety, my own bullshit has been hindering me all these years. Not the universe deciding I didn’t deserve something, not a perceived lack of power because we all got it, just my own lack of confidence and self belief. It’s a hard lesson that I still grapple with because I’m neurotic by nature but once you jump that hurdle, it gets incrementally easier with time.

Robert bruce in his book ‘‘energy work’’ suggests to do the belly breathing exercise.To breath in and out from your belly.It’s similar to koetting’s ‘‘move your attention to your breath’’ but it points to target on the belly.I’ve tried this and it was effective…

the stomach breathing is the main method used by martial arts meditation techniques as well, very effective for focusing concentration and getting a feel for your body and it’s patterns

One other thing that i’ve tried with outstanding and weird result was the ‘‘stillness meditation’’ from Eckhart Tolle.

Whenever you bring your attention to anything natural, anything that has come into
existence without human intervention, you step out of the prison of conceptualized
thinking and, to some extent, participate in the state of connectedness with Being in
which everything natural still exists.
To bring your attention to a stone, a tree, or an animal does not mean to think about
it, but simply to perceive it, to hold it in your awareness.
Something of its essence then transmits itself to you. You can sense how still it is,
and in doing so the same stillness arises within you. You sense how deeply it rests
in Being–completely at one with what it is and where it is. In realizing this, you too
come to a place of rest deep within yourself

When this happens to me, I say to myself something along the lines of: ‘oh yeah, that’s gonna happen soon (the thing I want to manifest). But anyway, I’m not going to think about that now. In the meantime I’m just going to focus on… (work/ studies/a hobby/whatever.’

As an example, say you wanted to manifest a new relationship, and these negative thoughts occur, say to yourself ‘well, since I’m going to be in a relationship soon, I may as well make the most of my time being single’. Then actually go out and have fun, and soon you’ll most likely forget about the ritual/ your desire.

the detachment after a ritual idea seems to be the same as the taoist thinking, “do your work, then take a step back” maintaining detachment without removing the enjoyment, living in the moment and not the past etc. Interesting how many ideas and philosophies are similar between many different times and cultures.

The title of this thread is the common disease for all humanity.We tend to be the products of what we think or what others think of us.We think to much and act little.

Thank you guys!! :smiley: