This is getting out of hand!

I know I’m not wiccan, but I have been there at one point in my life and they too practice magick like we do. So the following conversation was about the defense of magick and everyone who follows it in general. This is a snippet of a conversation I had with someone on another forum about Etsy banning the sale of spells and tarot readings. They started this entire argument with me because all I did, was chime in on a very discriminatory conversation they were having VERY publicly by the way so I had the right to chime in and tell them to not be so intolerant.

My comments are circled in red and pointed out. Keep in mind, such a lengthy and rude as fuck response towards me when all I did was tell them to live and let live.

My comment is on top in quotes, there’s is on the bottom.

This was all me below. I finally snapped and I might add, I was being very lenient on them. This was in a forum where most of the members are much older so out of respect for the older people that were not taking part in this argument, I decided to keep my language clean and tone myself down quite a bit.

If not using a mobile device, hold down CTRL and + on your desktop keyboard to enlarge the pasted parts that are in smaller font.

Also keep in mind, I did not want to reveal my exact magickal practices to this asswipe so I took on a somewhat neutral perspective when addressing wiccans. This was a forum where I am expected to keep a professional attitude.

i wish people could remember the power of the boycott, etsy can be brought into line as soon as they feel the pinch.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:1, topic:5579”]I know I’m not wiccan, but I have been there at one point in my life and they too practice magick like we do. So the following conversation was about the defense of magick and everyone who follows it in general. This is a snippet of a conversation I had with someone on another forum about Etsy banning the sale of spells and tarot readings. They started this entire argument with me because all I did, was chime in on a very discriminatory conversation they were having VERY publicly by the way so I had the right to chime in and tell them to not be so intolerant.

My comments are circled in red and pointed out. Keep in mind, such a lengthy and rude as fuck response towards me when all I did was tell them to live and let live.

My comment is on top in quotes, there’s is on the bottom.

This was all me below. I finally snapped and I might add, I was being very lenient on them. This was in a forum where most of the members are much older so out of respect for the older people that were not taking part in this argument, I decided to keep my language clean and tone myself down quite a bit.

[/quote]

I thought Etsy didn’t ban readings, just spell kits. (Not that I am ok with them banning either.)

I’m still selling on etsy and not a single item I’ve got listed has been flagged. From those I know who have been hit they ask is that you reword your descriptions to be in line with the new policies.

It is hypocritical to ban magical goods for implying they cause a physical effect but not religious goods such as a saint medals that offer protection or safe travel etc.

A lot of this has been brought on by the occult community itself for not policing itself and naming and shaming the frauds out there. $5 voodoo/santeria love spells and $8 breast/penis enhancement spells are a joke and trap for fools.

I would not buy ANYTHING online at this point. I’ve been in stores antique stores…identified as being purely evil. Every item. Internet is harder to guage.

You’re exactly right, it is VERY hypocritical and completely ridiculous. The argument that magic NEVER works and thus is a scam, is entirely irrelevant as it is as much an opinion, as the “power of prayer”. It’s the same as if I had said; The events of the bible NEVER happened, thus Crucifixes and Bibles should be banned.

Honestly I find the whole thing quite amusing, especially all the witches and magicians claiming long hereditary lines of witches and what not. Their ancestors had to hide in plain sight but these folks are losing their shit over the slightest bit of discrimination. Magicians and witches had to live by their wits and be creative.

If Etsy bans tarot readings I will sell digital media of a tarot card spread and as an added bonus throw in a free interpretation of what the cards depicted in their custom image mean :wink: Anointing oils and powders are exactly that a physical object and no i plication to it’s use is necessary, a creative name for the “fragrance” it has can give a nice hint to what it is used for. Be creative, its all part of the magic.

2 Likes

If they say Magick is completely fake because it does not exist, and you have a different opinion and think that you have experienced it, why don’t you use Magick to do something about this?

Screw the rewording chore, and all other workarounds. Use your powers/demons to give them a convincing demonstration. Smash your way through the wall instead of hiding like a filthy rat hoping to gain access to a walled city through the sewers.

Let me suggest a few things to convince them:

1. Poltergeist activity.
  2. Nightmares for them every night. The type that help them clear their bowels.
  3. Demon straight up telling them to “back off”.
  4. Demon leave a bloody scar on them. Best on the face so that they remember it every time they look into the mirror.
  5. Possession of their loved ones, that tell them to “back off”.

If anyone of you can do this, I bet that they’ll reverse their policy in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I thought about doing some type of magick on the guy who started that post on the other forum, as a way to show him too that yes it is real. Maybe send a demon to him to have a little scare, then when I am told he was visited by the demon, contacting him the next day thru a PM and saying "by the way how did you sleep last night, any…insert a personal detail here that only he should know about to further alarm him. That kind of thing works well. The guy accused me of being a scammer (some parts of the conversation were left out for length concerns) when I don’t even sell spells online. Spell kits, yes I do list some on occasion but I’m not promising results to anyone, if they buy a spell kit they are admitting that they do magick and are capable of doing the magick themselves without my help. So how is that the same as paying someone to cast a spell for you? It’s not.

I do sell handmade metaphysical items but I stopped fooling with etsy a while back anyway. They were manipulating search results and are no longer strictly handmade and vintage. Honestly, this conversation has been going on for over a week now but I finally had to chime in when that guy made a comment about everyone selling magick based items being scam artists.

I did make a comment on yet another site towards the pagans. I said you all are complaining yet not one of you will lift a finger to rebuttal at all. You will not protest, take this to court, place a curse on the etsy owners, no, you will sit back and watch your money making efforts dwindle to a hault. Why, because in your opinions, goddess forbid karma come back on you for standing up for your legacy, your income, and your personal rights. So I don’t even fool with etsy anymore, I am just upset because this is pure discrimination and not one of the wiccans is going to do a thing to stop it. However, what is supposed to be banned keeps being changed so no one knows what extent etsy will take this to, but if they follow thru eventually Amazon will too.

If they think, oh it worked like a charm and no one tried to stop us, then what’s to stop them and eventually all other online selling marketplaces from banning everything magickal in the future? Luckily, my main base of operations where I sell online every day, that sites very mission is not to follow in the footsteps of ebay or etsy. But it wouldn’t be hard to evoke a demon and send them etsy’s way. Even though this is not affecting me, if something isn’t done, this could prove eventually fatal for all who sell magickal items. On the other hand, this could be a good thing. It will eliminate some competition since everyone & their mother seems to be selling metaphysical items these days, and all from the same drop shippers. Maybe get some of them gone, then business will continue to thrive for those of us who have been around much longer than they have?

I read an article, I will see if I can find it again, that they were thinking of banning readings too. The readings themselves don’t promise results but they do offer the querant insight as to what will happen in the future if certain changes are not made or vice versa. I guess someone could argue, they told me my cards said if I didn’t do ABCD real soon that EFGH was going to happen to me so I went ahead and did ABCD but EFGH still happened to me anyway, so now I’m screwed. Someone could claim the reading lead them to make a change that made their situation worse, even though they were the one who acted on it, they could come back and say well I only acted on it because you suggested it was what needed to be done.

The only issue I can see with providing magical services is if one attempts to go, full on faith healing with it. Using it rather than seeking out medical attention when medical attention is needed.
I’m extremely glad to see that the majority here seem to discourage such suicidal behavior; but even if a customer does choose this over seeking proper medical health or makes a poor decision based on a bad reading or etc. This is not the fault of the seller unless they are out right encouraging this huge lapse in judgement.

I have close pagan friends and there’s a very obvious distinction between us in this way; and how passive they are toward blatant injustice really gets to me. I do like what was said above –

[quote="-TWF-, post:8, topic:5579"]Honestly I find the whole thing quite amusing, especially all the witches and magicians claiming long hereditary lines of witches and what not. Their ancestors had to hide in plain sight but these folks are losing their shit over the slightest bit of discrimination. Magicians and witches had to live by their wits and be creative.

If Etsy bans tarot readings I will sell digital media of a tarot card spread and as an added bonus throw in a free interpretation of what the cards depicted in their custom image mean :wink: Anointing oils and powders are exactly that a physical object and no i plication to it’s use is necessary, a creative name for the “fragrance” it has can give a nice hint to what it is used for. Be creative, its all part of the magic.[/quote]

I agree, but it still really bothers me, that many pagans, atheists, and so on are so often expected to just lay down and take it, while you see so many first world Christians cry “Oppression!” every time someone doesn’t want to live by their laws.

That’s exactly right, and I encourage any to show them how serious we are. (disclaimer: I am not advocating any bodily harm or terrorism.)

Does anyone know who owns or is in charge of Etsy right now?

Also, just for curious speculation here, king Paimon is very good at manipulating others decisions towards your favor. I wonder if he might be of some help in this? If he would also be willing to make it known to the etsy higher ups that if they proceed with this, there will be a revolt on their hands, even if that isn’t the case, but just get a message across to them to make them assume there will be a rebellion? That may also be a good tactic to scare them if they think their income will be affected by having dozens upon dozens of metaphysical based shops, even those who do not offer spell services start packing up and leaving because after all, they do charge listing fees over there so if even only a hundred businesses leave on their own, at 20 cents per listing think of how much money would be lost for etsy? And in the last week, I have had 7 people tell me they closed up their etsy shop and left on their own because of this mess.

Some one else chimed in at the other forum and said the reason her and her friends are not getting revenge is because it goes against karma and her very beliefs against messing with another’s free will, not because they are incapable of placing a curse. Makes sense too, but just because you refuse to mess with someone else’s free will you are going to stand by and let them mess with your free will by telling you that you’re religious beliefs are BS and are unwelcome there? Seems counter productive to me.

I googled “CEO Etsy” and it turned up a name, I don’t know if there’s much point trying to influence them though - the best solution IMO would be to get some tech-savvy magicians to create a site just for this, get out forever from living at the whims of people who don’t “get it.”

1 Like

I googled “CEO Etsy” and it turned up a name, I don’t know if there’s much point trying to influence them though - the best solution IMO would be to get some tech-savvy magicians to create a site just for this, get out forever from living at the whims of people who don’t “get it.”[/quote]

Wow, I think you just read my mind. I was thinking about 20 mins. ago I’d love to start a marketplace for magickal items only where everything is allowed as long as it’s not illegal, but I looked into it. The software needed to create a marketplace starts at like $600+.

They have a place, I believe it is called Creepy Hollows.

More than a little scare. Get him a bloody scar on the face to make sure he remembers.

Downside to Creepy Hollows is the high volume of bullshit being sold. If you are the one fresh apple in a barrel of rotton ones it’s hard for anyone to trust to take a bite.

Honestly the best approach is to get your own site, market yourself and blog/write to get exposure and of course do magic to support these endeavors.

I do just fine where I sell at, but it would be cool to have another magickal marketplace, one that screens the sellers before hand somehow to weed out all the fakers. Just this week I have sold a handful of gemstones and crystals, a set of worry dolls, a mortar and pestle set just to name a few things. I don’t limit myself to black magick only type items, anything metaphysical does well if you market yourself the right way. I have a good following on pinterest and facebook so it works out.

More than a little scare. Get him a bloody scar on the face to make sure he remembers.[/quote]

I think it would be better to begin with a little scare; then if the BS persists, then move to bloody scars and such.
Give a fair chance. The last thing we want is to create yet another scared religious zealot, telling about how they, “survived their experience with the paranormal” on some ghost show.