Things Not (likely) Put in a Grimoire

I hope everyone is okay my friend

5 Likes

All right, between Reddit, Wizard Forums, and Balg, I think I’m taking a break from the social aspect of magick for a bit. I’m involved in a lot of background tasks here and will continue to work those. I’ll still get and answer PMs.

I’m tired of seeing “I must be right” and selective bias that goes with it and, in other places, the moral police (usually ignorant), trying to dictate terms that have been shown not to be true in my own practice. And if you believe there are other places than just this galaxy, most of it becomes meaningless, rather than something that actually matters in the longer game.

So, rather than be a jackass about things, I’m going to take a beak. I’ll continue my practice, of course, and will try to keep things sorted to update when I get back.

16 Likes

I really enjoy reading what you post and I am saddened to hear you leave for now. I hope your absence isn’t too long. Good luck.

8 Likes

I realized something similar when I recently went five days without once craving either of mine, (vices) while in the hospital. I didn’t even realize until I’d been home a bit, that I hadn’t at all in days. It wasn’t the desire to that reminded me either lol… it was conversation about addictions and noisy neighbors.

I’ve always swore it wasn’t an addiction because man when it gets cold I voluntarily smoke less than a third of my norm, and when funds are low I can also easily cut back or do without for a few days…but no one believes me on it since I choose not to.

I’ve also yet to have an entity demand or request it, like I’ve seen of others. But I see people say things about being asked for that all the time and many of them appear to be real experiences in my eyes, or I’m fairly confident in the one telling me about it…:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

? There is a time when you will cross that hump where you aren’t just commanding spirits (different types), but ALL spirits (in this plane). Cross that threshold. You are near."

This isn’t the “I am in control” of the ritual space or regular space. It also doesn’t generically apply to humans (of course).

I don’t know his name (or hers), but it involves the Ladder reference above.

6 Likes

Wife has a surgery coming up this Wednesday. As I’ve done for others, I’m making a candle that will be charged, blooded, and burnt over time to help with the recovery process. I was just going to use a series of candles, say, daily or every other, but it became apparent this would be difficult as entities stepped forward to help.

So, Hail Hecate, Hel, Baal, Belial, Moloch, M, Helios, Pele, and a few others that wish to remain anonymous (no idea why, but okay).

I’m not overly concerned, as we’ve been through this before. But it would be pretty foolish to do nothing when you can.

Blooded, oiled, and lit. I went to fill it with energy, as is my custom, but was stopped, first by Baal, with other taking up the chorus. Guess I’ve done enough good deeds for this.

11 Likes

I like how you converted what looks a shed into your temple. Way cool.

6 Likes

It’s an enclosed porch. They didn’t do a very good job and the back half is a garage or backyard walkway, but.that 4 x 12 space remaining is MINE. My neighbor donated the tables and 2 bookshelves. Real wood, not composite. VERY thankful. Did I mention she sends her grandson to a private Christian school?

8 Likes

So, most of my shots here are of one of the bookshelves. It acts as my altar. The candle above is on my storage table, about 2.5 x 4-5 ft. I couldn’t find a quick measuring tape.

The stuff on the top right is stuff the movers broke and I have to try to fix still.

10 Likes

Man I like it. I feel the power radiating from it. For the first time just now I felt nature spirits energy from your altar too. I’ve never felt that on an altar before.

7 Likes

Hell, hit the wrong button. Moving on.

This is my candle and incense area. The previous owners left a bathroom cabinet organizer, which I put to good use.

For those (not really) interested, that Kindle is opened to the previous reply on this thread.

The driftwood wands are on the table, since a neighbor girl was wearing a Harry Potter robe the other day and I grabbed them to see if she wanted one. Alas, she already had a mass-produced one, but these blanks are mostly from Pearl Harbor driftwood. I don’t have a reliable source here in Maryland, yet.

Interesting side note is that the BEST piece of Pearl Harbor driftwood I turned into a wand is owned by none other than @DarkestKnight who, in his sense of humor, called it “a stick”. Yes, good Sir DK, it is… This was before he was moderator, btw.

So, I make the case for using bookshelves. Pne area is my main space, seen here all the time. The other shelves hold other dedicated things to those I work with, have in the past, or will in the future.

It is what it is.

8 Likes

Actually, I call it my “rod” :wink:

My blasting rod, that is lol

8 Likes

Nature spirits, like all spirits, can come and go here as they please, with only “polite” rules. Lately, this includes the dead.

The lot is a 1/3 acre. These two places are my food offering places for the land spirits. First is a dogwood tree that still blooms.

Next is a place under the storage shed where we suspect rabbits congregate.

I had some madarins go bad and essentially put a whole bag there two weeks ago. Gone. Rabbits, foxes, squirrrels, murders of crows… We get a lot here. SO thankful. Hell, just scared a rabbit off walking around that building.

This is the area set aside for the dead. Female American Elm, which means the prickly thorns do so.

And this is normally where I pour my libation offerings to the land spirits.

But my main area is the altar. It is NOT dedicated in that I only allow one spirit or pantheon.

11 Likes

Well, for what it’s worth, your Rod was the softest, most worm-ridden, water-soaked piece of…wood…I ever managed to work properly.

9 Likes

Aww…you say the sweetest things :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

It isn’t my problem anymore. After years of silence, I said my truth.

7 Likes

You can open websites on Kindle???

4 Likes

Think it’s a Kindle fire, thoes have internet access

4 Likes

:o
I’ll check what my Kindle is.
Thank you!

4 Likes

Yes, they do. I don’t buy the cellular versions. Not looking for another bill.

5 Likes