Things Not (likely) Put in a Grimoire

Sure, wouldn’t be hard, to be honest. I’ve already done a similar thing with the Shadowgate project, where shadow portals were opened and given different means of sustaining themselves. The one I opened on Halloween is still doing fine, about a mile from where I’m sitting.

I periodically beacon out to see if anyone feels like going through. Some require interaction to allay fears. So when I open one and Hecate or Hel pop out of it to bring them through it, it seems to have a soothing effect. I don’t see why a Guardian couldn’t do the same, though.

I think if I were in an area that had a lot of deaths, especially sudden or tragic ones, then it would make sense to open one up and do something similar.

6 Likes

Some such places lie abandoned now. Should be safe to erect a structure like that there. Maybe set up a few pillars. Could even become a hub for spirits.

3 Likes

You must remember this one too… Ya older than me

Rihanna - S&M (Official Music Video) - YouTube

2 Likes

I don’t listen to her, tbh.

5 Likes

I only do to that song, once every few years lol. I liked it alot when it was hott tho.

4 Likes

Most of the day’s work is done. I’ve done my casting for the Magical Friends With Benefits group. Down to only a few runes left in the blanks I’m making for a friend and my fingers are too sore to continue.

This left a bit of time for some rumination.

One thing I’ve been coming back to recently involves the similarities between servitors and spell casting. I’m sure it’s been discussed elsewhere (and I’m not aware of it), but recently, with some workings I’ve been looking into and performing, it seems that non-petition-based spells are just specific constructs that are given life, purpose, and set free to do their thing.

I’m sure this isn’t a new thing, but it could change how some people view their rituals. After all, if these were constructs, they could be powered up through successive casts/rituals, until they are strong enough to get the desired result… Since we know that those types of rituals exist, this isn’t far off. I know in some of my more…involved…workings, I take this approach.

I’ve done this inadvertently in the past, when focusing on a goal for a long time (several years). I wasn’t actively doing anything with the Occult at the time, but was still doing magic in this manner, looking back on it. I would charge it up by connecting to and powering up my goal, without ritual or ceremony or calling on outside help. It seemed to work, unexpectedly. It’s worked in smaller ways since, to help others that have done the work and needed a boost to help tip the odds.

What I’m noticing more over time is that those periods where I didn’t do anything, I was still learning and actively using, even if I didn’t realize or recognize that those were instructional at the time. Not the same as actively working at things, in my opinion, but it’s nice to know that the Universe doesn’t kick your ass into the background when you’re not busting your ass. I’d also noticed that I didn’t seem to lose much in the way of ability when I would take long breaks (like, several YEARS, not just months).

Two songs tonight, to reflect what I was listening to when typing this up.

Okay, a third, to represent how I felt after typing this up…

10 Likes

I do a lot of low-key workings. One of those happened tonight.

Exercise had been had, dinner was eaten, the rest of the household was upstairs, internet was working, I had some salsa and a few crackers… Fairy tale. For about an hour. Then I start getting that feeling. The “you will answer my call” feeling. Since it was Hecate, I knew I would.

I ended up doing a petition for someone I “knew”, but didn’t know the name of. Something about loss, deep loss, that seemed more acute. That’s about all I knew. Anyway, it fit this category.

Used this to get into the ritual mindset to evoke Hecate to find out what was going on.

9 Likes

Haven’t forgotten about this thread, but most of my stuff has gone into grimoires.

I did come across this nice droning track I may start meditating to or using during ritual itself

5 Likes

In the same vein – I’m partial to this track:

Also – I appreciate your linking of songs to your journal posts. I do it a lot myself. It’s nice to set the mood and put yourself in an altered headspace when you read of someone else’s work. Nice sense of connection.

2 Likes

@Veil, I had the song on CD back in high school, but haven’t ever seen the video for it. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

funny enough, I hadn’t ever seen the vid either. I find the shorter video version much preferable, attention-span-wise :laughing:

3 Likes

What’s that?

2 Likes

An attention span? I barely know considering I barely have one. :stuck_out_tongue:

The normal version of that song is like double the length and I usually get bored by the extended instrumental and skip it :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

All right, mine’s definitely longer than that…

2 Likes

Today, I came across a video that hit me pretty hard. So, I’m sharing it with you guys.

5 Likes

So a while ago, during the Holidays, I was a little too inebriated and decided to do an evocation with Amaymon. Did I mention I was inebriated? Well, Amaymon picked up on it and have me this extra special sigil that I came across in a notepad from two years ago…

6 Likes

Did you say holidays? Half of it looks like a reindeer, then I look again and think well maybe instead of reindeer face on the right, it’s a full body of a reindeer and it’s fcking an elf wearing stripes…

Oh did I ever mention that odd sketches are the best for scrying randomness?

4 Likes

Even though I was VERY drunk, I realized this. I laughed, them got mad, and told him where to go. It was funny the following evening.

3 Likes

So it’s not just me lmao? I was like welll. I’m inebriated and the worst about scrying images out of images…but I swear these are easy to see lmao. Are the funky shapes that look like music notes, the elfs moans? Or is it a male elf, getting fckd by a male reindeer and it’s spewing baby making juice all over?

3 Likes

Yes, but one line at a time, with them explaining it as you go, gives it a different feel.

2 Likes