Things Not (likely) Put in a Grimoire

Safe journey my friend

3 Likes

Safe journey it was. Most of my siblings also had to travel and we’re all safely back. Suitcase is still packed, there are rituals to do later, but for now, a simple Thanks to the spirits for their parts in helping make this smoother than I expected.

Before I selected and lit the incense, I was drawn to a conversation I had with Baal and Belial. I felt drawn to read it again and hadn’t since writomg it down late last week. There was part of it that was quite relevant with the conversations had this weekend, during the more stressful event.

Belial: “Let the smaller minds do as they will. Are they in your way?”

No, my lord Belial, they are not. None openly opposed me. And now that others have come forwards to say some things to me, the arch “baddie” of the family, there’s more work to do against my prefered targets.

Death would make them martyrs. I won’t give them that satisfaction. Planning on experimenting with trapping them inside their bodies.

It’ll have to wait, though. I have current campaigns to continue waging tonight.

8 Likes

I’ve done my planned rituals for the day. I was really touched by the support, both public and private, that I recieved. It’s not something that I take for granted.

During that time, I wasn’t able to help some of those I normally do at the level I normally would, which bothers me, even if necessary.

How do you say thanks and help those in need? Why you grab a candle, charge it with gratitude, (specific help fpr specific people), and energy from the Sun and Nature. Then you send the call out to all of those elevated spirits you work with to help those specific people and ask them to help those others, known and unknown, that are willing to recieve it. Only those willing, nothing forced, even those I have carte blanche with in this area.

Blooded (as I do, unbinding to either) and charged.

Oiled (Frankincense and Myhhr, Olive Oil)

Lit.

This isn’t a “payment” for what’s been given. If you can’t tell, there have been many more times without support than with it, just like many of us here, I bet.

As I sat and opened myself to both my gratitude and those that have given their support, I could feel…others… Those that thought it, included. Not individually (wasn’t necessary), but collectively. Should I not also thank them?

So, this was my solution. Accept it or don’t, no worries. In my heart, FAR less than I’ve been given.

So, thank you. I’ll burn it over the next few days.

Edit – another caveat was that it cannot negatively impact lessons someone needs to learn for their progress. May help, but can’t takw them away. That wouldn’t be right.

Edit 2 - the beer was not harmed in the making of this ritual, but slayed afterwards…

8 Likes

Just since I’ve posted this, this is the candle now.

6 Likes

After a month in the hospital, not only did this person recover, a 1/10000 chance, they recovered completely, with no side-effects, a 1/1000000 chance. Pretty incedible.

I am pleased to have played a part, but the hardest fight was absolutely theirs.

Well done. Here is my thanks, which some of you helped pick out.

13 Likes

Ah, Disodioria…an old flame of sorts from Kingdoms of Flame. A friend suggested using her against a public target and while I felt that could work, I felt it wasn’t a direction I should go.

But the matter wouldn’t drop. She wanted called and…well…she can be a bit intoxicating, so I’m inclined to. Not without a reason, though. The answer came this afternoon. Some leadership and their staff to further the disarray and disorganization I’m reasonably sure is present.

I projected the sorceror’s seal, opened the gate, opened the square, opened Pendralion’s sigil, and then opened Disodioria’s. Then, I projected through it.

Ah, her energy… Pendralion was there, but wasn’t part of the conversation. I had called him as a courtesy, which he was appreciative of. I made my case, she seemed flighty and thinking of other things, but I could feel otherwise. She is AND she’s paying very close attention to you. Both sides are happening at the same time and both are her personality.

Anyway, she requested some Myhhr incense.

9 Likes

Nice! I feel some of the spirits in Kingdoms of Flame don’t get used enough.

4 Likes

I do plan on using more, as I felt some strong resonance with some.

I think people would appreciate them more and maybe get more out of it if they projected to the spirit. The act itself is a sort of payment, due to meeting them on their ground, rather than calling them like any other.

6 Likes

This can be a rough day, being Mother’s Day. I have a friend I am thinking of and wanted to help them through the day. I can feel the heaviness of their heart, as we have worked together a lot and a bond is there.

Knowing they work with Santa Muerte, I called to her and made my request. As I started filling the candle with energy, she stopped me. I had done enough.

Hail Santa Muerte.

12 Likes

Different friend. Different reason.

10 Likes

Sometimes, you just don’t have the answers. If you’ve followed my journeys for a while, you’ve probably noticed that it isn’t uncommon that I have to set something aside because something else came up, a different track that I’ve been led to and return to pick up the previous. This is most notable with my Pele grimoire, where I was told to set it aside to pursue other paths before picking it back up - twice.

Other times, I “complete” a path and know or suspect where I’m going next. This is partially by design. I realized and remembered hearing.all of these LHP practitioners “free” to do as they please, talk about how they were led here and there without realizing it until they were done or well on it’s way in another path.

Seemed much more transparent to state my goals and ask to be guided, since I would actually get more of a say in the process. No sense in just being a sheep and get led without a say in it. This has worked well for years now.

I was a bit thrown off when Baal came to me and told me to set his grimoire work aside (not the gatekeep stuff, not my thing). I didn’t have anything else knocking at the gates. I hadn’t done anything wrong and when I questioned him, it was met with that stonewall, knowing silence that means something else in in play. No hints, nothing.

I had set aside my Tiamat work for this, yet could feel it wasn’t that, either. I even called up and asked. She’s been a regular to my singing offerings, so it’s not like we haven’t talked. She wasn’t giving anything out.

Then why post? Because we don’t always have the answers, even if we normally have a well-defined path. This happens more as time goes on and the published materials are geared more towards selling books than selling knowledge. Whether the Universe is in your hand or not, there is still uncertainty.

But I was given a clue that hasn’t left my mind since I did it. (Lovecraft post). This actually wasn’t the first drawing of the cards. It happened days before and I forgot to draw the Fate card, rendering the rest useless. Baal (not just) was pushing me towards the deck. I had cut off my contact with it when I said I would work within a defined set of spirits for his grimoire (which he relaxed later). I wasn’t willing to call on some of these spirits for fear of altering or contaminating my Baal work, which could’ve left me with less “pure” results from the type of interactions I was doing, the type where the spirits are interacting with you in more than just a simple petition level.

So, I was drawn towards the cards. First with the false pull, then with this published one, half of which doesn’t seem to apply to me. I’m not gifted in this area and haven’t developed it much. I normally rely on my intuition, which served me as a child and in Iraq.

That’s about as much “clarity” as I can give on the matter. I think I’m specifically being drawn towards a smaller form of the Lessons of the Deck thread. Just not sure if I’m going to publish it right away (still have to do the work). I have a feeling my interactions with this set of spirits/entities is going to be a stop-and-go matter.

I guess, when I have more info, besides feeling the pull to start in on the deck as I type this, I will let you know. Progress can be confusing and we often lack the clarity we want.

9 Likes

Wanted to share some stuff. Nothing heavy and whatnot, but noticed.

When Baal said I should put this on hold, I agreed and got ahold of Yog-Sothoth. I had my chat and went about my day. No big deal.

The following day, I noticed how empty my ritual space felt. This didn’t make sense to me. My space hasn’t felt empty since I consecrated it back in September. Landspirits in my yard and adjacent ones, but a largely empty ritual space.

Given what I typically get myself into, I checked my wards and other protections. Everything was fine. I checked my idols and they were still linked…

Then I looked dpwn at the cards that I have been using as open gates/portals with my Baal worj and they all felt…empty. They weren’t needed, so, they were closed.

I’ve spoken about this type of emptiness when I closed the Shadownomicon gate in my backyard, but I still notice when it happens.

I stopped while typing this to light some incense to Hecate, who came to my space. My wife came in 5 minutes ago to tell me am elderly friend of hers I knew has passed. I didn’t know her well, bit knew she was a good gentle woman who helped others until well in her late 80’s. Rest in peace. She will not be stuck.

8 Likes

Just finished this and I’m a bit disappointed. Maybe a handful of rituals. Most of the book is about how other cultures look at death or some of the funerary practices.

An inordinate amount of material was spent on merging with Death energy using the Death Posture, essentially.

If anyone has worked with psychopomps and been taught to access the energy, there isn’t really anything for you here, outside of the practices of other cultures. Even these are short.

I can’t think of someone I would recommend it to, to be honest. It feels like half a book and there isn’t anything in it that is going to change my current practice. Because of this, I don’t think I will be buying Balg books for quite a while, until someone else knowledgeable has spent the money and left a review. Not trying to be a dick, but I do feel obligated to be honest.

9 Likes

I was met by a dozen deceased humans in my yard… Wth? Ah, I hadn’t renewed/recharged my portal that helps them move on. I was getting ready for bed, but this IS more important.

I started by blooding my idols/icons nd the portal stone.

Rectified.

7 Likes

The actual conversation and method DID go in a grimoire. The base for it, anyway. I have SO many thoughts, concerns, and am still putting it together days later.

In my work through of The Necromancer, I talked about how a troublesome human spirit was bound to an object and made to serve. Once it felt it should be freed, I did so, as I said I would. I’d bound other spirits before, but not a human, and this first part of my Pele work.

My relationship with Hel meant that I’d been stopped from binding humans, say, a serial killer, for certain reasons, like torturing the shit out of them because they got off easy. She wouldn’t have interfered, but it would’ve left a stain on the relationship and she is one of the spirits I sing to. It’s a relationship boundary I’ve respected, even if I don’t agree with it.

I like to listen to horror/paranormal videos at work. If the sound effects aren’t too hokey, then I like hearing the ominous background music. I am sensitive to sounds, so it’s like bonus creepy mode sometimes. I have heard most of my favorite sound effect series numerous times. I still enjoy it. Cheap thrills and all that.

But one about a cursed item stuck with me the rest of the day and I heard it first thing. I’ve watched/listened this episode many times before. I went to my ritual space after work. I wasn’t expecting an answer, just hoping for insight.

To my surprise, Hel came. There are spirits that she’d be willing to guide me to that could/should be bound. She also brought my thought back to me, while listening to the video, about how selling them wasn’t much different than a curse, except there’s a physical component involved. I knew it was her, but couldn’t get over that this MUST be my mind telling me what I want. Then Hecate came. They both asked me to call Hades and get a third explanation of it.

I did consult a few good friends on here for their opinions and it actually makes more sense. There are some spirits where binding them to something means they will cause less harm and damage than being allowed to run free. Having reread my notes, this makes sense, as these are NOT your fluffy bunny spirits we’re talking about.

I’m at the point where I can do the experimental work, but not at the point of making them available. I’m still working on the limitations formula (no children, returning to Hel or similar when the item is destroyed, etc…). I still don’t know how to test it.

I have a feeling shit’s about to get crazy around here while I experiment. I suppose beer bottle caps and wine corks will work for now.

10 Likes

Been driving most of the day. Went to Antietam and wasted an excessive amount of time (my opinion) driving. Left before 10am, got back after 6pm. In the same damn state. It took 2.5 hours to get from South of Baltimore to Philladelphia, Pennsylvania, for reference.

It was almost a wash for me, but there were a few notables. There is a huge Sycamore tree (one of my favorite types) that is still standing and lasted through the battle at Burnside Bridge. I scraped some seeds from a corner of the bridge. I have no idea if they’re viable, as most aren’t. The significance is that the younger version of this tree is visible in photographs (pictographs?) of the time.

Another was this feather.

There is a rock wall they built on the side of the bank with the tree (and a fence, so you can’t get to the tree). I felt lile I should follow it. I did so, until I didn’t see a point to continuing. On the return trip, I paused, looked down, and saw the feather.

Now, at this site, I was approached by a single soldier, Union. I surrepitously returned his salute, and I asked if they wanted to move on. He was hesitant and we talked it over. Some of them wanted to fight for…whatever reason. If I didn’t have physical restrictions, I would, too.

This led to dozens of soldiers coming forward. Some Blue, Some Grey. My family fought on both sides, and there was no record of slavery in it. Both are welcome to me, as a fellow Infantryman.

This actually led to another thing - I can’t use a portal to move them on, because they already have, in a sense. These spirits aren’t “lost”. They just want to help similar causes.

Hel was already there, but taking a backseat of sorts. Those soldiers from Philladelphia showed up, one redcoat, one blue coat (British as red.
, Continental as blue). This was a bit contentious, as the British didn’t side with the Confederates. To help quell this, I called to this spirit, surrepitously saluted, and saluted the Revolutionary soldier. Both fought for this ground, honorably, both died, and deserved respect. This brought the conflict to an end.

After this, the formed up, and wemt off to fight in a current conflict not here.

The next notable was at a family grave site. We stopped to pay respect and a member of the family who gave it its name told me I could take a stone from it. I could only pay with sweat or saliva, which wasn’t necessary, but would be accepted. I really wanted a pinecone, nit sje asked that I not. So, I didn’t. It was “something of the Living and a place of the Dead”. Fair enough.

I did drop a few portals where spirits could pass on, if they chose to. With it, I included the knowledge of where mine is here at home, should they decide to later. Some spirits attach themselves to places and lie dormant. Others are active. But it was opening a temporary portal at Burnside Bridge that brought them forth this time.

7 Likes

Rough night. Rough day. Spent most of yesterday in the car.

As I opened myself up after today’s out-of-state guests (really enjoy it)…

One of the first spirits that came to me was a succubus I asked Lilith for. I was VERY deliberate, took over a year to ponder and think about.

She was perfect for me. It’s been 5 years and I still remember meeting her.

She “served” me well and I began to think about elevating her. Well, this happened, long before I moved back to the East Coast.

The “issue” is that we are bound. Will I stand in her way to progress?

No. “Amber is the Color of your Energy”.

Go free. Go in peace, my dear.

Call on me if you should.

6 Likes

Which Satan is it?

This is the one I’ve been using, taken from here. If you’d like the specific time for this snip, it is here

I already had the Behemoth album, but this put it in a different frame. For I was doing the Helios Unbound stuff at the time and some of the wording was almost exactly the same to the song, based on the materials both were based upon.

But my mask of Satan changes over time. As I progress. As my needs, both wants and lessons needed) change. The last answered of the call was female. It’s been a while, since I’ve been working with others things as directed.

It was time to call, but not with blood and candles and incense. I wasn’t calling to request anything. I was feeling that it had been a bit (for me) and this was valid.

So, I thought of the sigil, put on the Behemoth song.

Her call came through. Originally, this was a male voice. The next was female. Sounding similar to Karliah from Skyrim. The kicker is that I “know” this voice. My senses know this voice and want to translate it, but there is resistance. Resistance from her, resistance from ME.

“You could find me out, but that would (could) rob you of an act I would commit for your cause that may not act in the manner I am known for” Karliah would’ve told you more bluntly, but someone (a Goddess or equivalent feminine force, do not forget) asking me to not dox them for my own benefit it… It was such a personal plea, where the undertones are both pleading for me to NOT while also saying I could…

My use of the sigil has cooled recently, due to other demands, but it is one I am still drawn to. As with my other contacts, I do not call them without cause and this seems to be tied partially to my Baal work, which was set down for another current at the moment. But that does not diminish my attraction to this sigil, nor curb my want of calling it with the song given, despite knowing it long before.

Is that NOT what many of us feel? Do we not feel that siren’s pull towards what we are drawn to, knowing that we may have to set it aside to work on what we “should”?

Hail (the mask of) Satan! May we step outside what we are to become what we should be…someday…

6 Likes

She REALLY wanted that apple. I was grocery shopping the other day and picked out an apple for myself and one for the landspirits. But, the Fae Queen wanted another apple, a second for them. All right.

I started looking and she directed me to a specific apple. An older, large, already starting to discolor and looked a bit…abused. Ahe wanted that one. I asked again and she indicated the same. Very well, who am I to disregard what she’s asking for when I gave her the option of choosing.

The lawn is mowed, I’ve cleaned up, and I feel like giving their offering to them. She said she wanted that old apple. I cut it in half and she asks me to quarter it.

With so many brown spots in it, I understand she wants it, but why? I would gladly give her my own apple. She wanted it quartered.

As I did so, I saw why.

11 Likes

She likely wanted it because what you and she would do with it is much more respectful to the apple then it’s fate if you didn’t pick it which would be to be tossed in a dumpster dumped in a truck jiggled and jostled with the rest of the trash if it don’t get crushed by the garbage trucks crushing device and then dumped in a landfill to be buried too deep to ever have the seeds sprout. (Coincidently once that deep it also doesn’t decompose very well so adds little to nothing to the soil for decades. I mean they tested and dug landfills before and found still readable newspapers after they’d been buried 20 years so once down in the fill it doesn’t do much good for decades or maybe even centuries).

That’s just a guess though, as to why she pick a bruised apple instead of a perfect I bruised one to be offered but that’s my thoughts on it because it’s fate without you taking it is to be completely wasted and lost forever in a manner of speaking. Cuz it’s not composting to fertilize the land buried in a landfill in the landfill it does no hood and is wasted (add: and seeds don’t sprout in landfill either)if you understand what I’m trying to rsuggest the reason might be norse900.

Unless I’m wrong and you plan to trash it after all is done with it? Because in that case I got no clue cuz if that were the case them My guess doesn’t apply.

3 Likes