Things I do with my Throat

I noticed when I vibrate chants for too long my throat starts to get sore. This doesn’t happen when I’m in normal conversations, no matter how long they last. I’ve opened my throat chakra, so I’m pretty sure it’s some kind of mundane physical problem.

I’m guessing I’m exercising the same muscles you use when singing, which I haven’t done since I was 12. Anyway, anyone else run into this issue?

3 Likes

It sounds like you are vibrating the mantras in your throat, instead of your belly.

You need to relax your throat and let the movements of your diaphragm and the expansion of your chest drive the sound. Your throat should simply be the pipeline for the externalization, with no effort.

3 Likes

Yes it quite common, i dont get it that often, a friend taught be an exercise to help with this but its been so long i can remember how to do it, im sure you could find something online though

or it could be that, lol learn something new everyday, this is probably what i was taught lol

1 Like

I’ve heard of breathing from the diaphragm but the rest of this is new. Thanks.

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I’m a theatre geek, and in order to be heard by every member of the audience, you have to learn to project your voice to the very back of the theatre, even when you’re whispering, and the only way to do it is by relaxing the throat and allowing the sound to resonate in the chest and belly. Otherwise, you strain your throat.

That lesson came in really handy when I started to do mantras lol

1 Like

I read the title with excitement…
I was disappointed with the content :joy::expressionless::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

You’re not alone

1 Like

-Thinks about it-

…Ah shit…

3 Likes