Theta Gamma Sync

So I’ve read about this in several of EA’s books and heard him speak about it in interviews. Achieving the state of gnosis or theta gamma sync. I have experienced this quite frequently and have a very easy, yet not so legal means of achieving this gnosis.

I know this is cheating but I just don’t give a damn about morals when it comes to obtaining power. Here’s my tainted but working method.

I can enter the state of gnosis by smoking a bowl of hydroponic marijuana and heighten the state by adding two glasses of red wine. I know this method works because of how powerful my visions have been and the absolute rearrangement of my life over the past few months of using evocation. I was previously using this state of “gnosis” as a musician only. Hell I didn’t even know there was a term for this but, I was able to create a subconscious free flow of musical ideas when I was in this state. I found a group of improvising musicians to work with and boom wrote a few hours of music with them!

I’m sure this isn’t the only method of achieving this sync. I’ve used this, however to aid with astral projection, meditation and evocation! I would like to hear some alternative methods to getting a little drunk and high to achieve this same result. I like the ability to turn this state on at any time with very little effort, however I would like a way to turn it on and off at will. Aka…not needing to be fucked up. Help a brotha out, yo!

First, let me say "No Judgement Here’ as I enjoy that method myself occassionally… But, like you said, not always do-able (or even desirable!) I’m too much of self-control type to get stoned more than very occassionally, and on my own turf. :wink:

What worked for me was training my mind to a “cue” thru repetition. I don’t think it much matters what the repetition entails. I used a basic hypnotherapy trick commonly taught for self-hypnosis; the old descending a spiral staircase, counting backward. Eventually I was able to shorten it to a workable “on the spot” practice. Now I just take several long slow breaths, close my eyes and I’m at the bottom 3 stairs… 3…2…1 and I’m there. Its not a deep trance, I’m still functionally aware. But it puts me in the state where I can focus & see & know. :wink:

I haven’t tried using any substances to get me into the state yet, but recently i’ve been looking into salvia divinorum because it’s quite accessible where i am. Any psychonauts out there who have used it for spiritual purposes?

I’ve used salvia several times. I would not recommend it to get into theta-gamma. However, I WOULD recommend it for simple inner exploration and spiritual experimentation. But definitely don’t recommend actually working with any being while under the influence of salvia.
It will literally transport you into other frequencies and dimensions. I relived the moment my dad met my mother from his perspective - I WAS my dad. Thinking his thoughts, his insecurities, exactly 5 minutes before he met my mom. I watched the universe fold into itself and was “sewn” into the fabric of a virtual vortex by an ethereal witch. I have seen angels on their plane, I have witnessed dimensions with other creatures - suddenly popping into their world, as they gather around wondering what and who I am - their “teacher” giving warning to the younger ones to keep their distance from this sudden intruder into their world.
For exploration, I highly recommend it. For ritual purposes or actual magickal training, I definitely DO NOT recommend it. You are not in control, and I could see things getting out of hand REALLY fast.
Simply be the observer, and learn what you were meant to learn from the experience. Do no more.
That is my simple recommendation. You may, of course, do what you like, but I would discourage it.

Interesting, i will look into getting my hands on the least potent stuff sometime soon, any then perhaps work up from there. Any further recommendations or is it enough to just smoke it and then sit back and relax?

I’ve never tried salvia. I’ll have to check it out sometime when I can get my hands on it. As far as ritual goes, nothing more than a high that’s about medium. Anything more than a good smoke and a drink will leave you unable to perform and control the ritual. I’ve done some massive hallucinogens in the past and would rather sit back and observe from that perspective. I think there is something to be learned from those types of chemically induced spiritual journeys. Maybe do the ritual first and try the salvia afterwards. IDK…DKM do you think hallucinogens are an aid to soul travel and visions alone? Can we control those types of visions through ritual? I’m all for exploring the psyche and spiritual realms, what’s the real danger? Control?

I have used Salvia a couple of times, and I highly do not recommend you for this.

The last “trip” was a couple of weeks ago, I obtained a X5 Salvia Extract, the sort you could get in almost any store that deals with this kind of things (Normally Salvia is legal in many countries, and there are even online shops where you can buy it)

It was as follows, I smoked it from a bong and at the same moment I wasn’t in the same place I was at all, I found myself in blackness, then I find myself flying towards an enormous palace placed within a little island, in the middle of the vastest ocean you can imagine.
The palace was entirely made out of candies, pink-cloud kind, and when I entered blackness returned, now filled with enormous words spinning across it, also made out of the same kind of candies.

Soon after, the effects faded.

I gave it a second try and I found myself in the “Train of Colors”, “We” were at the “Country of Colors” and we were going to School.
I was “Deep Green” and together my friends, the other colors we descended from the Train-bus and leaded to School. In the middle of this it appeared a shadow, a non-color entity, It was myself, and he began to rebuke me, about many things, normally things from the past, you now that kind of things. I finally got rid of him, and I arrived to School where I learned many many things, as a non-language based type of communication, but pure flow of information.

It was very pleasant.

In fact, It seemed to me as some sort of Pact actually, where the spirit of the herb gives you knowledge and experiences, but in exchange you are at her complete mercy, and she can smash you if she wants. The pact finishes when the effects do.

Now, you have to think that in the middle of all this you are not in control at all. You are in another land, another time, and your physical body may be doing its own easily. Salvia is very potent, and as DK has correctly said, it’s an enormous help to you to explore your own psyche, or to see things from another dimensional perspective, I do not know if I’m explaining myself pretty well, I think it’s a thing that has to be experienced for complete and real understanding, but not a big help in matter of reaching this state.

Regarding Theta-Gamma sync the better substance I found to achieve it is indeed Marihuana or Hashish, but normally I do not tend to use any substance at all, in order to not become dependant, and through this, to be under-powered.

I use usually no more than my own breathing to get at it, as in meditation. You know I’m a very very nervous person, and It has been very difficult to me to get the appropriate trance state through this, but I have come to the conclusion that relaxation and trance auto-induction are indeed skills as well, as many others, that must be cultivated to trigger them at any given moment you desire.

Zach you are actually part of my trance inducing method! First of all I use an Isochronic tone beat which I keep on my smart phone so I have it available anytime and its very portable. You can just nick them off You Tube if you want
Isochronic tone stimulation: Pineal Gland (30min)

This has become like Zoe said a subliminal trigger for me now and within seconds of listening to the beat I find myself trancing down.
Then I also direct energy to my chakras by visualising my breath / energy / igniting the chakra as EA describes in his Invocation of omnipotence, but I also visualise the chakras igniting in the colour sequence you recently gave me in the thread about colours having frequencies…I have to say that so far thats working out really well and I have kept using it.

I’ve found that some substances like cannabis, thujone, salvia, opium, etc can help get you in to the theta/gamma sync, but once you’re there, having any sort of control over the remainder of the process is a bit difficult. However, I also know some magicians who swear by it.

[quote=“ZachD555, post:1, topic:374”]So I’ve read about this in several of EA’s books and heard him speak about it in interviews. Achieving the state of gnosis or theta gamma sync. I have experienced this quite frequently and have a very easy, yet not so legal means of achieving this gnosis.

I know this is cheating but I just don’t give a damn about morals when it comes to obtaining power. Here’s my tainted but working method.

I can enter the state of gnosis by smoking a bowl of hydroponic marijuana and heighten the state by adding two glasses of red wine. I know this method works because of how powerful my visions have been and the absolute rearrangement of my life over the past few months of using evocation. I was previously using this state of “gnosis” as a musician only. Hell I didn’t even know there was a term for this but, I was able to create a subconscious free flow of musical ideas when I was in this state. I found a group of improvising musicians to work with and boom wrote a few hours of music with them!

I’m sure this isn’t the only method of achieving this sync. I’ve used this, however to aid with astral projection, meditation and evocation! I would like to hear some alternative methods to getting a little drunk and high to achieve this same result. I like the ability to turn this state on at any time with very little effort, however I would like a way to turn it on and off at will. Aka…not needing to be fucked up. Help a brotha out, yo![/quote]

I had a bad evocation of Bime when I smoked weed, so I try to avoid it. However, sometimes it allows telepathic communication to come in more clearly.

Sometimes it helps with rituals, although when you smoke medical grade you get potent stuff…If you don’t dose yourself right you could end up in the ritual circle and wonder if you forgot a part of the ritual, or did something wrong, then you become paranoid…This is not a good mindset to get into a ritual in personally.

However, I have used certain enthogens and mind altering substances to work spiritually. Some of these have been conventional and mundane, some of these ended up being medications reserved for hospitals to use under very particular circumstances.

But if your effort is to skirt work and achieve results with minimal effort then get into psionics…

Otherwise if you’re into substances, I can go on and list some interesting combos that will give you a very enlightening trip. All I ask is that you don’t judge me lol.

Best of Luck
-Frater Apotheosis

I am interested in both psionics, ritual and substances. I’ve used damn near every substance that I can get my hands on so I’m in no position to judge you. Although, I’m limiting my consumption to marijuana and a little alcohol. It’s not necessarily skirting work, as I have learned to control my high and can function in just about any capacity while stoned on good cannabis. I’m an improvising jazz musician and often perform at a professional level under the influence. So me forgetting the steps of the ritual are about as likely as me forgetting the steps in the major scale. There are certain aspects that need to be prepared, before hand. I’ve written the bulk of my rituals out and commit to memory large portions of them. Controlling myself while high is pretty easy. All the high does is put me in the proper sync. I agree with you about the telepathic communication for sure. As I feel linked to my band when we have smoked out and then play. It’s like we are all moving in the same direction, listening to the sounds and linking up with each other on a completely different level…it’s the same with ritual. I feel like I can hear the voice of the spirits loud and clear, and the visuals are intense! It’s definitely not the only way, and its not the path for everyone. But it works wonders for me.