Theta Gamma Sync - Aides in finding rapture state

I am curious to hear from others how they find the Theta Gamma Sync / Rapture State.

I find that if I travel in meditation towards TGS I slide into Delta quickly regardless of my prior rest.

I have read that Salvador Dali used champagne and entered his dream state. Others use 420 based solutions ( both of which I have no physical ability to tolerate - headaches afterwards )

Suggestions and stories would be appreciated.

1 Like

Can you give an example of what you mean by travel in this meditative state?

As for my suggestions, I have used a few tools to help with TGS.

One thing that seems to help me along the way is use of what they call a dream machine. This is where you close your eyes and you have this flickering, blinking light through some device flash on your eye lids that can be relaxing and if done long enough even gives some slight hallucinations. I think this was meant to simulate that sensation of walking under a tree on a sunny day with your eyes closed and having that sunlight flicker across your eyelids.

Anyway, an online version can be found here. I NEED to put a safety note here that if you are prone to epileptic seizures then please don’t try this particular method.

Now I would normally couple this while listening to headphones and playing something like white or pink noise which helps with the effect described above.

After a few moments of this I will shut off the devices and then do E.A.'s technique of looking at where the ceiling meets the wall and draw my vision back; seeing the static rain and focusing on my breath while imagining that I am spiraling downward.

This preparation here works quite well for me most of the time and I get to that state pretty quickly.

Alternatively you may also want to listen to shamanic drumming and allowing your body to sway with drums for a while may also take you there as well.

2 Likes

i saw the flickering light gig the other day, and could tell I will do it; but begin with lil bits at a time, like 20 secs to begin, once a day and work my way up. When it comes to achieving this state of being i am living by the words attributed to Brother Hannibal- “Aut inveniam viam aut faciam”
I shall either find a way or make one.

Can you give an example of what you mean by travel in this meditative state?

As for my suggestions, I have used a few tools to help with TGS.

One thing that seems to help me along the way is use of what they call a dream machine. This is where you close your eyes and you have this flickering, blinking light through some device flash on your eye lids that can be relaxing and if done long enough even gives some slight hallucinations. I think this was meant to simulate that sensation of walking under a tree on a sunny day with your eyes closed and having that sunlight flicker across your eyelids.

Anyway, an online version can be found here. I NEED to put a safety note here that if you are prone to epileptic seizures then please don’t try this particular method.

Now I would normally couple this while listening to headphones and playing something like white or pink noise which helps with the effect described above.

After a few moments of this I will shut off the devices and then do E.A.'s technique of looking at where the ceiling meets the wall and draw my vision back; seeing the static rain and focusing on my breath while imagining that I am spiraling downward.

This preparation here works quite well for me most of the time and I get to that state pretty quickly.

Alternatively you may also want to listen to shamanic drumming and allowing your body to sway with drums for a while may also take you there as well.[/quote]

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:3, topic:5031”]i saw the flickering light gig the other day, and could tell I will do it; but begin with lil bits at a time, like 20 secs to begin, once a day and work my way up. When it comes to achieving this state of being i am living by the words attributed to Brother Hannibal- “Aut inveniam viam aut faciam”
I shall either find a way or make one.[/quote]

Do let us know how that goes, DM.

I prefer the online version because I can quickly and specifically alter the frequency. I have been reading about the ‘ghost frequency’ that applies to audio but may as well apply to this visual technology. This page goes into various frequencies with the dream machine and the associated brain waves.

Can you give an example of what you mean by travel in this meditative state?[/quote]

As I try and relax and reach a TGS state, I fall asleep. If I concentrate on not falling asleep I can’t seem to relax and find the TGS or Rapture.

Where this is frustrating stems from the fact…

1. I know EA is absolutely correct in the observation that when a spirit or Daemon is evoked it ALWAYS comes.

2. In my rituals I can feel spirits around me, observe movements of normally stationary objects, feel temperature changes, been waken from a night of rest with marks on my body and vivid dreams of spirits. And as a film producer and cinematographer with ample gear on hand - I have even photographed evoked spirits. Some quiet plainly.

3. But as for reaching the TGS and rapture state to observe the spirits first hand with my eyes? No luck so far.

I think the spirits are as frustrated with my inability to see them as I am at myself at times. They are trying. Based on my research and the ample written advice of EA, I believe the fault is mine in failing to find the TGS state.

I appreciate the replies so far and any further advice would be appreciated.

i can get the focus lock no problem but the rapture state eludes me.

yesterday i read a book that said that it can be reached through special breathing done in shamanic posture while listening to a 200bpm rhythm for around 15 minutes. that is said to bring audio and visual hallucination (erik calls that structuring). i have yet to try that but i will when i learn the breathing exercise that does the trick.

getting a deep trance with autosuggestion is a lot harder than it seems. until i get it right i use my machines

Well for me, sitting and postures are an issue due to back injuries. One of the items for my pact with Belial will be for him to posess me enough where he can re-wire me to be able to reach TGS

• for me it is all a double frustration as when a kids, without wanting it; spirits and demons showed up at their will at any time- now the fact I gotta fight for it is beyond a drag.

[quote=“the fool, post:6, topic:5031”]i can get the focus lock no problem but the rapture state eludes me.

yesterday i read a book that said that it can be reached through special breathing done in shamanic posture while listening to a 200bpm rhythm for around 15 minutes. that is said to bring audio and visual hallucination (erik calls that structuring). i have yet to try that but i will when i learn the breathing exercise that does the trick.

getting a deep trance with autosuggestion is a lot harder than it seems. until i get it right i use my machines[/quote]

This could just be semantics but structuring is active, whereas I class hallucination as the passive seeing (or hearing) of things that are presented without conscious intent or the ability to guide the forms they take - maybe through using psychadelics etc.

When I learned to use shamanic trance, you have to - HAVE TO - visualise a tree and stay with that visualisation, don’t let other images distract you, you must create that tree and then your created (or structured) image infils with real energy, but the first step MUST be a willed action and not passively waiting with your eyes closed for a tree to show up.

I posted about that recently here.

We could just me giving the same words different meanings though. :slight_smile:

Can you make that clear and find ways to do this that you can handle without risk? He’s not an unreasonable spirit in my experience, so long as you make your situation and limitations clear.

IMO your body isn’t a coincidental sack of meat you’ve thrashed around the planet and through battles, exercise, injury etc until it ended up “accidentally” broken, like a teacup - it’s the physical manifestation of your soul on this planet.

Whilst seeking to constantly improve your health is correct, you have to start where you are now and not mourn for where you think you “should” be, because this is a sacred expression of yourself woven into the spacetime matrix: where is the “your body” of five minutes ago?

It appears anew in each fragment of a moment in the spacetime, constantly created, maintained, and destroyed throughout existence, with never so much as one single stagnant moment.

If you have injuries, you need to find one safe and sustainable position to begin with, even if it’s lying on a bed or the floor with pillows to prop bits up and relieve pressure, I’ve been here myself and had to do this and it’s valid: I was taught that physical problems = this is something your innate energy in this manifestation isn’t going to handle well right now, and instead of railing against that, respect it and yourself, and the life that’s given you these scars.

And remember that as a child when you pushed away these contacts, you were doing what you thought, at the time, was the correct thing to do - how you can ever ask any more of yourself escapes me. :wink:

Maybe you have some forgiveness, of yourself, to work on here? I’ve also had to work on this kind of thing and it was immeasurably powerful and liberating.

2 Likes

and now you understand what i meant last week when i spoke about trance and flow. hallucinations are trance, structuring is flow. but you get them both pretty much the same way. for both you have a focus point. the difference is in your brainwave frequency.

i tried to visualize objects for the longest time and it wasn’t happening. what i didn’t realize is that i was concentrating my mind back into beta wave frequency. the doors to trance are either through waking or resting relaxation (alpha into theta), shock (gamma drop to theta), and absorption (gamma raise into the actual theta/gamma sync). i had to change my tactic, you can’t force trance, that forces it away. i think that’s one of he reasons so few people go for a flow hypnotic state; it dances too close to effort, which kills the whole thing entirely. you have to do what woody guthrie said: take it easy, but take it. and for most people that effortless effort is very hard to do.

when i used the autogenic training as a relaxation induction and then the sunnen trance suggestions to structure in front of me, i clearly saw the object without even trying, and it was still there when i looked away and looked at it again, in 3D no less. i didn’t even feel like i was under. mind you, i didn’t know what waking trance was at the time, but now i do and i recognize what happened to me as such.

the only difference between trance and flow is that your suggestibility is passive with trance; in flow it is active. either way you are still suggestible, you still have hypnotic phenomena, you are still accessing a higher intelligence of your choice, and you can still access siddhis at an advanced level. either way you end with some form of somnambulism.

that happens regardless of the hypnotic induction, you have to find a focus object anyway. the difference is in flow you concentrate to absorption. in trance your concentration is more relaxed.

when i did vipassana i had to hold a focus object strongly as well. the difference was that i had to pace my breath instead of visualizing an object. you do that for a while and eventually you get that ripple effect and then you just sort of find that the visualizations and other hypnotic phenomena begin on their own. the only thing is it doesn’t happen in 15 to 20 minutes as with shamanism. it can take minutes, hours, sometimes even days. you just never know when it’ll kick in. and that’s why so many vip sitters lapse. it’s too unpredictable and frankly, the work is too fucking hard even if you are experienced. there are other, easier ways of getting the same result.

trance and flow are different ways into the other side, but they are remarkably similar in effect.

you say tomaytoe, i say toemahtow. in the end we all ketchup. or catsup? such is subjectivity.

pretty much all of the yoga and daoist qigong asanas are good for meditation and shamanic journeys. some yogasana and a lot of internal art stances are doorways to the supernatural if you use shamanic breathing and rhythm with them. you may find your solution there. give those methods a try if you’re interested

I tjink almost any relaxed circular movement will work to a degree, obbiously new movements need cementing to become natural but making your body flow will help your energy flow, which will help your mind enter the various layers of flow as well.

I am so with you on everything you have said here. Just got done with my Evokation attempt and though Belial was there, and after straining i heard what he whispered and wrote it down, has had no problem allowing me to feel the “Worthless waste of effort” he felt due to the fact that as soon as the Current and energy and spirit begins flowing into my sanctum- my aninals wake up, and especially my bloodhound whose normal state is a deep coma, and she begins pacing every room (which has no carpets and she has 2 inch toenails and sounds like a clydesdale) trying to find where I am. I love that she is so daddy baby and is not happy when daddy is not close to see; but this timing shit sucks! Belial- kindly but definetly not just announced his annoyance; but let me know that All of the annoyances which compile my daily life- are set to destroy any efforts I make at improving a succeeding in my magickal endeavors. now with my wife nearly totally helpless and likely on the way to paralysis or wheelchair bound- not only will I be between a rock and a hard place- but they will begin moving in closer day by day.
In order to gain the rapture state- one must have a atmosphere condusive to allowing rapture to come into the vessal. Which also in away bugs me as when i was a kid and demons and whoever dropped in any damn time they felt; my homelife was one of constant violence and din. i kinda understand why the YH god, allowed me to be so spoon fed as I was; because then I would not need to use my will to devlope the spiritual inner tools to ‘Evoke Invoke and Command’ and develop the TGS rapture etc. Thus, always being weak and spoonfed whatever fecal matter I was dumb enough to call “Gifts of the spirit”-- instead of "using my will to seek out the Food I would rather have and become healthy by consuming. [i suck at writing did that make sence?]
i feel I am getting closer to TGS. my current routine is to listen to Binaurals for 1-1/2hrs before i begin “Working”, and then if it is not too ‘late’ about 0200-0300 listen to about 1/2 hours more while mentally chanting Belials Enn. Although I have decided to now add “Zazas” and EA’s conjurations number #1 and #4.
I am also moving my sanctum upstairs (fuck!) as it is so much more distant from the rest of the house and a huge room and ,except for hwy traffic and Bella and Boo; damn near silent. but if my wife needs me and is screaching for me i may not hear her which will open a whole new can of stinking chad. But I gotta do it.
i remember all the crap about 'family is so important that living in isolation without one is an afront to gods plan–blah blah blah. i am now plainly telling my kids and g-kids, to look foreward and if they think they want the life of a mage; rethink a family and pets. i cannot fathom how far ahead i would be today if someone had told me that[especially if I would have listened!]
I am also thinking about small doses of ayahuasca to push me over the edge. Hoping once i get the machine carving a rut in the cosmic ground for me- i can eventually just have it happen without so much effort.

sorry, this just kinda rang my bell.

Can you give an example of what you mean by travel in this meditative state?[/quote]

As I try and relax and reach a TGS state, I fall asleep. If I concentrate on not falling asleep I can’t seem to relax and find the TGS or Rapture.

Where this is frustrating stems from the fact…

1. I know EA is absolutely correct in the observation that when a spirit or Daemon is evoked it ALWAYS comes.

2. In my rituals I can feel spirits around me, observe movements of normally stationary objects, feel temperature changes, been waken from a night of rest with marks on my body and vivid dreams of spirits. And as a film producer and cinematographer with ample gear on hand - I have even photographed evoked spirits. Some quiet plainly.

3. But as for reaching the TGS and rapture state to observe the spirits first hand with my eyes? No luck so far.

I think the spirits are as frustrated with my inability to see them as I am at myself at times. They are trying. Based on my research and the ample written advice of EA, I believe the fault is mine in failing to find the TGS state.

I appreciate the replies so far and any further advice would be appreciated.[/quote]

Please don’t take the the wrong way because I don’t wish to downplay your frustration, but I keep my pooch in the room a lot when I do evocation, unless he starts looking edgy - you can make a protective amulet, and tie it round their necks.

I have bedroom/Temple/TV/computer/home office all in one big room by choice (I had them all seperate, but that just annoyed me), and the mutt’s on the bed while I’m on the side of the room (no carpet, it puts him off walking there) where my altar and stuff is kept.

You can simply command (NOT ask, in most cases) that the spirit you evoke neither distress nor afflict your animals, and with them in a comfy bed where you want them to be, maybe in the corner, that’s one less issue.

When I learned shamanic trance, I was told the most skilled shamans in Siberia especially consider it a matter of pride to be able to remain in trance working on a healing case whilst the family’s kids are tugging on their beard or coats, and since we’re not mimicking the solemnity and anti-animalistic, anti-life atmos of a church in most cases, animals, kids etc., shouldn’t IMO rule out being able to do deep work.

I know others will disagree, and that’s cool, but for me magick is life, spirits are family (or friends, or allies) and it’s not acceptable to me to pack away my life and go do it in a seperate space.

If we start a family, that will also have to be worked in - and not factored out or isolated.

This is just my approach and I’m not saying it’s the only one or the correct one, but if these distractions, which are also people and animals you love, are causing a problem, then maybe shifting your paradigm of how to work is simpler than, y’know, shoving them into a truck and pushing it over a cliff! :wink:

1 Like

Taken very well! wow, I will have to give that a go- maybe it is a sign of sorts. Hell, maybe Belial can have fun flopping her big ears?? Maybe there is even ‘Demon doggies’ she could hang with… now you got me thinking. I find that if she just has to wake up when i go in, but if I went straight to bed she would remain asleep there must be something going on.

You know me- you can just say it, irking me
takes quite abit more.

and I was feeling abit miffed last night- I was so close, again, and in away am wondering if it is not like the drill sgt who throws an artillery simulator at me when i am shooting to see if I can focus through it and hit the target.

Plus, Belial know how wierd I am about having certain things ‘perfect’- which has way too often been an obsticle in itself, which ironocally has prevented more success than I can understand. I have little doubt that He is going to have his shits and giggles with me for the next 2 months. Even though it is work; doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:12, topic:5031”]Please don’t take the the wrong way because I don’t wish to downplay your frustration, but I keep my pooch in the room a lot when I do evocation, unless he starts looking edgy - you can make a protective amulet, and tie it round their necks.

I have bedroom/Temple/TV/computer/home office all in one big room by choice (I had them all seperate, but that just annoyed me), and the mutt’s on the bed while I’m on the side of the room (no carpet, it puts him off walking there) where my altar and stuff is kept.

You can simply command (NOT ask, in most cases) that the spirit you evoke neither distress nor afflict your animals, and with them in a comfy bed where you want them to be, maybe in the corner, that’s one less issue.

When I learned shamanic trance, I was told the most skilled shamans in Siberia especially consider it a matter of pride to be able to remain in trance working on a healing case whilst the family’s kids are tugging on their beard or coats, and since we’re not mimicking the solemnity and anti-animalistic, anti-life atmos of a church in most cases, animals, kids etc., shouldn’t IMO rule out being able to do deep work.

I know others will disagree, and that’s cool, but for me magick is life, spirits are family (or friends, or allies) and it’s not acceptable to me to pack away my life and go do it in a seperate space.

If we start a family, that will also have to be worked in - and not factored out or isolated.

This is just my approach and I’m not saying it’s the only one or the correct one, but if these distractions, which are also people and animals you love, are causing a problem, then maybe shifting your paradigm of how to work is simpler than, y’know, shoving them into a truck and pushing it over a cliff! ;)[/quote]