TheRaven, introducing myself

Hello everybody :smiley:

I am TheRaven from western Europe :upside_down_face: I’m somekind of a weird seer (not for a living) and I practice Chaos Magick.

I grew up as cientific minded guy, skeptic to everything paranormal, skeptic to occultism and non religious. They tried to catholize me in school but they just couldn’t :laughing:

However, there is something paranormal in me that I’ve been trying to deny for so many years. :zipper_mouth_face: This thing is not static, it evolves and it came to a point that I had to accepted it, like it or not, cientific minded or not. As a result, I had to turn myself from a skeptic to an open minded individual.

There are many aspects of my thing that I can’t cope with yet, so I resorted to Chaos Magick.

I chose Chaos Magick because it really called me and because I don’t like religions nor spiritual or ritual ceremonies and traditions. I do think that we can transcend as spirits, though.

Also, I’m open to everything except for demons and I have my reasons. That’s pretty much it :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you my third cousin from Europe or something?

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Nop you’re not my cousin :grinning: and you don’t want to be my cousin because I’ve lost all my family to the pandemic, as I told in this thread:

1 Like

Well, since we’re both ravens who came to magick from a science based mentality I thought you could be my long lost cousin. Just a joke dude

4 Likes

Ok :smile: How did you go from sience to magick?

Curiosity. I read an article on chaos magick by Grant Morrison. And since he lives in a mansion and I don’t, I assumed he knew something I didn’t. And seems to be about right so far.

3 Likes

I read Grant Morrison until the line he says something like stop reading books, practice magick :laughing: It made sense to me.

3 Likes

Welcome @TheRaven

Where are you from?

How long have you been practicing?

Do you have any experience in systems or traditions outside of the Chaos paradigm?

2 Likes

Where are you from? - western Europe, European Union, EU.

How long have you been practicing? - some years

Do you have any experience in systems or traditions outside of the Chaos paradigm? - I don’t like traditions or ceremonial magick. I mix my unwanted weird paranormal skills with Chaos Magick. I use CM because it came to me, no the other way around. I didn’t look for it, it came to me. Same with practices, somehow they come to me. Maybe they are suggested by somebody or I come across with them reading something.

How many, exactly? This is so vague as to be meaningless for a timeline of practice.

1 Like

How many, exactly? This is so vague as to be meaningless for a timeline of practice. - Why time practice is so important when it comes to CM?. CM is not dogmatic. The important part in my case, the essence, is not the CM, it’s the weird paranormal thing that has been with me all my life. I mix everything else with this thing. I’m no expert in CM, nor master, adept. Absolutely nobody to give lessons. I’m just a forever humble learner. :smiley:

A timeline of practice is helpful for us to get a sense of your level of experience so we can provide appropriate advice and direction. It’s got nothing to do with being “dogmatic,” and everything to do with helping us help you.

1 Like

Yes, it has to do because one principle of Chaos Magick is the change of paradigm. We are free to change our paradigm whenever we want or whenever we feel we need to. Therefore, other’s experiences means nothing to us. Just a reference. We are compelled to search for our own experiences and paths. I can choose a clean slate with zero experience whenever I want. With zero experience as of today. So, how many years of experience…? Zero today, zero tomorrow unless I find smth that works. With all due respect to you, I don’t mean to offend you in anyway :grinning:

I don’t need advice on CM, I do need advice, guidance on paranormal perceptions that are way bizarre than you’ll ever see on tv or movies. Any help, very much appreciated.

Please don’t lecture me about Chaos Magick, which is something I have plenty of experience with myself. Asking for a basic timeline of practice is a simple enough question, and the fact that you can’t answer it without dancing around, spewing philosophical hogwash says a lot about the kind of person you are. These questions I ask every new member aren’t difficult.

2 Likes

Sorry that I upset you :pensive: It wasn’t my intention in anyway. I just don’t feel comfortable saying I’ve been doing this for 1-5-10-20 years because I come from a scientific world that i t has nothing to do with this. As I told before, I still have many problems coping with some things that are hard to accept for me. I’m here to listen, shut the f-up and learn, not to give lessons to anybody.

Grant Morrison used, the sigils of comics, to make his fortune ! Whats the secret lol. no secret use the correct body of work in sigils, and or so called MEME’s

1 Like

and not many will give you lessons, or mentoring, just quotes, and visions, and be done with you after that. most wont share. I only decided to share, after 3 decades of magic, I consumed enough to share teach, gotten so much out of it, I give a little more then usual and getting into helping more then just practicing these days.

1 Like

Hey Blond! Thanks for chiming in :grinning: Somehow I connected with you and that’s a thing for me.