The Star of Azazel

Does anybody here identify themselves with the teachings of this group or have a vast understanding of the philosophical viewpoint that is presented in the books by Johannes Nefastos? I’ve been reading and rereading Fosforos for almost two years now and I still can’t seem to put this illuminating book down. Every time I read this book cover to cover, I learn something new about myself and the world around me. Having applied a lot of ideas presented in this treatise I have come to a great understanding of nature, magick and satanism. If you’ve read Fosforos or understand the teachings of this order, post if you care to discuss anything concerning this topic. Due to memory problems I have a basic grasp of this philosophy but there is alot more that I need to learn about myself. Outside of curiosity, I don’t know what I’m trying to accomplish by making this post but I think it would be a cool discussion to have about the path if you’re familiar with this work.

Well the thing is their stuff is very much based of philosophical aspect, at least from a black magicians view point. They don’t actually do black magic, or at least not the kind we would consider black magic… If they were to destroy something, it would be their own “wrong ideas” etc… This is what i have understood.

But anyways, maybe its possible to learn something from Johannes’s writing that you can’t easily grasp from many places. And that can be usable even in the darker aspects of magic, but ultimately in constructing ourselves - i just wouldn’t want to join them as they seem to follow a strict philosophical or should i say theosophical line in my eyes. I have 2 of their books, and i have seen Johannes live.

And for some reason i think that not many people on this forum know about them :smiley:

I think the reason why most people don’t like or get work like Fosforos is because they haven’t understood or experienced ego death. Sure the intellect presented in his work is far more superior then mine but the understanding I’ve reached with his work seems to lead me in a direction of learning how to understand and achieve a state of oneness before I can obtain Godhood.

I feel that the only reason why we choose to use curses and spells in order to change things in our lives is because we do not fully understand the situation that we are facing and in result we fall back onto our abilities and change things out of ego and fear.

This may manifest as relief in whatever situation we may be in but the truth is we haven’t learned anything from this experience by doing so.

I’m not saying that practicing magick and changing things in your life is wrong, but having an understanding that things like suffering only exist because I choose to acknowledge it and identify it as suffering really changes my perspective on a lot of things. Therefor it seems as if I’m going with the flow of chaos, in a sense of just being, with the loss of interest in things that would normally force the hand of anyone with magical ability to act.

It’s kind of like the black and white view most people have in this world. Sure it’s one thing to say that there is no good or evil and it’s just nature, but to truly understand the meaning behind this is an entirely different level of understanding. In my opinion, to understand balance you first have to let go of everything and understand that everything is as it is because you, yourself are everything. By developing intellect and understanding of everything that is of the spirit and that which is material, these opposing forces that are constructed by the self can balance out. But to reach this point one has to find themselves in state of contentment and love for all things formed and unformed. It is in this love and understanding of how things work that one can truly have the ability to ascend to be the Most High. If one hasn’t learned things like love or how to let go they find themselves anchored in the physical, doomed to repeat the cycle of reincarnation.

I feel like this work is about perfecting the self in the sense of looking for the truth in all things. All I can really say about this book is that it helped me to overcome some serious mental blockages that I’ve had in the past and helped me to learn and see past things that most occultists find themselves stuck on. Sure there isn’t a clear path presented in this work but it gives you a foundation of understanding to build from through experience. To understand how to become God, one needs to truly know thyself and learn what it means to be a being whose made up of flesh and spirit and one with all things simultaneously. It’s just like that saying “you need to learn how to crawl before you walk”.

Anyways, I know I could be way off and totally delusional in my realizations but as a humble person this is where I’m at.

To me it really just seems that they are over complicating things, and i don’t think that is a reason enough to consider them as superior intelligence. What is my things simplified: Its all about choices, how you want to see a situation - another choice might be bad for someone good for someone, evil for someone etc… So i think the clearest thing is just to follow as the person themselves think is the best, but if he thinks the best for the planet and humanity is best that’s totally fine by me - and surely we need people like that.

I’m just personally a kind of a “black man” maybe i have had a bit “moral death” like i remember e.a or someone writing (i’m not sure who it was) good to have :smiley: ( I’m not saying that i’m good or evil, how could such thing be defined - my actions could be seen as both at the times, if its not my actions but my thoughts it gets even more confusing to start thinking with)

What is my point, that their points which do reinforce a good idea as there has to be some kind of balance between humanity… But my point is that those are their ways of seeing things, and reading the writings will open their ways of seeing things to you if it fits you. And that’s good if it does.

Just wanted to point out that in my case it “wasn’t my thing”

• Btw i was really tired now at the moment when writing this… So if i seem weird or anything, that’s why .

[quote=“Black Flame, post:4, topic:4358”]To me it really just seems that they are over complicating things, and i don’t think that is a reason enough to consider them as superior intelligence. What is my things simplified: Its all about choices, how you want to see a situation - another choice might be bad for someone good for someone, evil for someone etc… So i think the clearest thing is just to follow as the person themselves think is the best, but if he thinks the best for the planet and humanity is best that’s totally fine by me - and surely we need people like that.

I’m just personally a kind of a “black man” maybe i have had a bit “moral death” like i remember e.a or someone writing (i’m not sure who it was) good to have :smiley: ( I’m not saying that i’m good or evil, how could such thing be defined - my actions could be seen as both at the times, if its not my actions but my thoughts it gets even more confusing to start thinking with)

What is my point, that their points which do reinforce a good idea as there has to be some kind of balance between humanity… But my point is that those are their ways of seeing things, and reading the writings will open their ways of seeing things to you if it fits you. And that’s good if it does.

Just wanted to point out that in my case it “wasn’t my thing”

• Btw i was really tired now at the moment when writing this… So if i seem weird or anything, that’s why .[/quote]

You’re cool man. I totally get where you’re coming from it’s just that I wanted put out there what I’ve been personally rationalizing in my head. In a sense as magicians, the only support system we have is each other. I like chatting about the things I think about with fellow people on the magical path because it helps me to understand. Having that and seeing it, I just want to say that I appreciate you and everybody here.

[quote=“Black Flame, post:4, topic:4358”].

I’m just personally a kind of a “black man” maybe i have had a bit “moral death” like i remember e.a or someone writing (i’m not sure who it was) good to have :smiley: ( I’m not saying that i’m good or evil, how could such thing be defined - my actions could be seen as both at the times, if its not my actions but my thoughts it gets even more confusing to start thinking with)[/quote]

An excellent observation concerning even the need for any morality itself, given a paradigm of apotheosis. We can question the very existence of alternative futures, and thus discard the alternative futures we reject, and continue on the path to mastery without being obligated to any judgement.

Now, if we believe in the afterlife judgement of some council of gods or goddesses,
then we become bound to some morality. (This is obvious of course)

Sometimes is just the opposite. You curse and spell because you already know who the scenario works. But this is an interesting topic to discuss. The scenario por sincere black lords are not suitable as was in the ancient times, when less causality were present on earth. But on this times, Black Magick is a pathway focused on self-growth and ascent. Wich is more complex and with more pretentions than the past.