The Spiritual Journal of Sabbatius

Spiritual Journal of Sabbatius - 4-20-2019

This will contain the logs, comments and dialgoue from my own head throughout the days ahead. There will be wandering thoughts, successes, failures, approaches, techniques-ad infinitum. Etc. Etc- but mostly, maniacal blatherings of an old dog trying a new trick.

Historically coming from a mixed background of Judaism, Evangelical/Pentecostalism/Christianity, Waabanowin & Midewiwin Teachings, growing up was fun but odd. We would pray through Christ to God, eat Latkes & Matzo Ball Soup, make Fry Bread and become nervous during rainstorms while making tributes to Animikii not to burn our house down with lightning. Christianity was practiced the most, while Judaism was observed culturally. Our Native heritage was apparently recognized, but culturally hidden at the same time. We were supposed to be proud of our heritage, but not practiced, as “we have Jesus now.”

Now I stepped away from this, only attending an Orthodox chapel from time to time and more for the ritual itself than the practice. I have created a space for myself in what is jokingly called my Man Cave. The struggle is whether I face South, East or North. We moved in the Winter to a new home and I have yet to establish much of anything as the room is separate from the house, built into the detached garage(which makes no sense in the Snowy Mid-West.) So I am clearing it out and debating where to officially build my altar.

Current practices to develop the Draconian Current is taken from the Temple of Ascending Flame, implementing the meditations(Dragon Fire/Breathing/Kundalini Exercises, etc.) and the focuses via the Trident & the Ascending Flame Sigil. I will be starting a focus on the Lucifer Sigil once my sacred space is cleansed and set up.

Currently reading Michael Kelly’s Apophis & Asenath Mason’s Draconian Ritual Book.

More to come.

6 Likes

Spiritual Journal of Sabbatius - 5-14-2019

I injured myself, dislocating my hip on the Soccer fields, so I have not been doing much except reading.

I finished Michael Kelly’s Apophis and Asenath Mason’s Draconian Ritual Book. I am now finishing up Michael Kelly’s Ægishjálmur and will begin his Dragonscales work next. I must say I was a bit disapponted with the Draconian Ritual Book, mostly because it is a repetitive work which rehashes most other Ascending Flame work already on the website and other Temple sources. It is nice to have it all in one text, though. Kelly’s work is amazing. I cannot stress how well the Order of Apep works have impressed me. I can see where a strong cohesion of the ToAF work with the OoA will be fitting for the direction I am undergoing.

Looking forward to healing up and being able to start making Sacred Space decor. My scroll saw and lathe finally arrived!

More to come.

4 Likes

Spiritual Journal of Sabbatius - 7-2-2019

I finally found an altar for my private sanctum. Now, just to find the ability to get it moved from its location at my job. Then stain do some woodwork and carving, and voila! Awesomeness achieved.

On to a few more texts for the last month and a half- Michael Kelly’s The Sevenfold Mystery, Everything and Nothing and Words of Power, then Asenath Mason’s The Grimoire of Tiamat, The Book of Mephisto and Necronomicon Gnosis. I also had a thought to pick up some of my old texts from my Discordian collection and dusted off The Book of Eris which I dabbled with in my early Chaos Current days. One thing struck me upon rereading which made an impact then, and now. It is the Charge of Eris:

"I have come to tell you that you are free. Many ages ago, My consciousness left humanity, that they might develop themselves. I return to find this development approaching completion, but hindered by fear and by misunderstanding. You have built for yourselves psychic suits of armor, and clad in them, your vision is restricted, your movements are clumsy and painful, your skin is bruised, and your spirit is broiled in the sun. I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns laugh in happy anarchy. I am chaos. I am alive, and I tell you that you are free. "

The Charge is one I began to implement to Kelly’s work regarding the Scarlet Woman, as there is the Unholy Trinity implemented in the Order of Apep’s Craft- The Lord of Darkness, The Scarlet Woman and The Serpent. This Unholy Trinity can be three aspects, deities, entities, spirits, etc. and surprising/amusing is Eris has touched me spiritually as the representation for the Scarlet Woman. I know many who typically have Lilith in this role, which makes sense, but for my work, Eris fits nicely.

Much more to come.

3 Likes