The Sorcerer's Apprentice

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice: for Newbies

Der Zauberlehrling is a poem by Goethe retold as The Sorcerer’s Apprentice in Disney’s Fantasia (1940). Maybe these cultural references are unknown in the current Age of Stunts, but it strikes me as odd (in the extreme) why anyone would venture – perhaps with a few days experience under their belts – to call upon spiritual entities of immense strength and power without knowing how to banish so as to have a clean working space and so as to be able to get rid of annoying things which sooner or later turn up. That’s just the way it is. The occult paths are littered with human waste and often trekked by the unstable – the lhp all the more so.

Banishing can be used for all sorts of Magick. So find a banishing ritual (or PM me with your email and I’ll attach the one I use as I can’t post it here) and learn it. Go over the movements and words in your mind’s eye. See the differently coloured flames. Rehearse it. Learn it like it’s your part in an epic blockbuster film – then deliver it with emotion. When you feel the energies you’re getting it. But continue and you’ll learn how to do a banishing without all the elaborate movements because you’ll have experienced and worked with the energies banishing generates.

Now you can reverse the process and learn evoking. After that you’ve got the two foundational Magickal rituals and can proceed from there.

Alternatively, evoke whatever you want without the knowledge of how to deal with what you may get. That’s what most do on these boards, did when I was young and throughout history. Been there! Seen that! But what would I know? And if you think that you’re going to become a great Magician in a couple of goes or a couple of years then just piss off and pollute somewhere else!

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice

One day a young man convinced a travelling Magician that he thought himself worthy of learning the science and art. The Adept swore that he would teach the neophyte. The Mage told his disciple to pack a sack, say good-bye and meet him at the prescribed time.

They set off into the desert, walking until nightfall and setting up camp – without a word being said. The next morning after early breakfast they set off again traversing the desert, walking until nightfall and camping – without a word being said. After a few days of this the neophyte broke the desert silence with, ‘You promised that if I followed and obeyed you, you’d teach me the science and art of Magick and you haven’t taught me anything!’

The old Magician smiled and said, ‘I’m trying.’

Al.

7 Likes

How come I knew that DarkestKnight would like my post?

Al.
P.s. Brothers!

1 Like

Regarding your banishment ritual that you’re willing to share, is it complex or? I have a form of banishment i use but I feel like i need to learn something more suited to my energies

Would you hold the cook books on magick responsible for the way new people want to get into magick?