The Self and the RHP

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about this, and for those who are interested in the RHP I think it’s worth sharing.

Before I knew much about magic (and I still don’t know all that much) I had a very interesting experience. I was walking out of a restaurant with nothing in particular on my mind, and there was a woman next to me on the phone in tears. In an instant I was her, and I was me at the same time. I felt her emotions as if I was her feeling emotions and I had my sense of distinct self observing this simultaneously. I went about my life and left it at that for some time.

Having felt a pull to study magic since high school and finally breaking free of the dogmatism in my religion that forbade it, I came to realize that this is the perfect explanation, before attaining union with God, of what it means to have no self. It’s not that there is no self per se, but rather that our self and another persons self are all part of one great self.

John 17 says, “that they may be one, as thou, Father art in me, and I in thee, that they may be one in us.” Jesus repeatedly taught to “Love thy neighbor as thyself”

This, I’ve come to realize, is entirely what the story is about. We are, underneath it all, one. I mean that you and I are one person, we just think we’re separate. So when a black magician curses another, or when we do anything for or against another, we are literally doing it only to ourselves. We are that person just as much as we are ourselves.

I think this is profound, because so much of the suffering in life is man-made due to this ignorance. If someone hits you you turn the other cheek, because you are literally just hitting yourself if you fight back. If someone is homeless on the street you meet their needs as if they were yours because they are.

Now, I have nothing against black magicians and have dabbled a little in it, but I feel that when they are ascending the self they are merely ascending their part of everyone, they just don’t think about it. And there is plenty of self destructive behavior in humankind. But I think this rule of thumb is one of the keys to understanding white magic

I have a lot of gratitude for E.A making knowledge of the powers that exist to humans available because most religions fall horribly short at what they should have owned as theirs long ago.

Just my two cents.

Jesus energy is GREAT, yes! none like it!

and it is the COHESIVE part of humanity and all beings in general.

it is all unity and love.

and there should really no talk about it… it should all really be taken as obvious and lived by that while amongst people or other beings.

but as Reality dictates, all beings drain.

being amonst people drains you.

Jesus also got drained big time.

so… when alone… to ADVANCE, you need Black Magick.

for this love is inside all other. from it emanate all other forms of love.

so you go there, or return… into the Blackness…

and you re-emerge

with true love to share

there are cycles in everything…

I am not sure why this part of the forum is called the right hand path if it deals with magic. As E.A. has stated, all magic is black magic because all magic seeks to change the natural course of events (paraphrase). If it was about accepting it, it would be mysticism, the opposite of magic, the Right Hand Path. I consider myself a black magician because I will contact any spirit I choose.

In the beginning, they were all essentially gods, and were only assigned the roles (best I can tell) of angels, demons, and gods and spirits as circumstances, or ignorance, or prejudice dictated.

So, I am starting a path of dealing with angels now…but eventually, I will likely invoke a more sinister pantheon in the future as life changes.

This is a mind meld.

I came to realize that this is the perfect explanation, before attaining union with God, of what it means to have no self. It's not that there is no self per se, but rather that our self and another persons self are all part of one great self.

Correct.

This, I've come to realize, is entirely what the story is about. We are, underneath it all, one. I mean that you and I are one person, we just think we're separate. So when a black magician curses another, or when we do anything for or against another, we are literally doing it only to ourselves. We are that person just as much as we are ourselves.

This is more stretched than what the natural next step in the line of thought would conclude. We don’t literally stab ourselves on cursing, for instance, but we “send out a line” across the species to affect our target. This is how “splash damage” works, and why circumstances align themselves to bring results in the first place.

Magic doesn’t happen in a vacuum. It travels, and when it travels, it arranges circumstances appropriately, if properly built. If not, the energy will “leak”, and this contributes to death cycles, random destructive events, and so on.

The energy will influence probability, wherever it lands.

This is why links matter.

I think this is profound, because so much of the suffering in life is man-made due to this ignorance. If someone hits you you turn the other cheek, because you are literally just hitting yourself if you fight back. If someone is homeless on the street you meet their needs as if they were yours because they are.

Actually, this is a karmic mechanic. “Like attracts like”, which is why charity is undertaken by the societal elite. Taking abuse only puts you into a cycle of taking abuse, meanwhile fighting back creates a cycle of war. It’s a “pick your poison” sort of deal, but more people are generally successful in breaking cycles of war than cycles of getting beaten.

Now, I have nothing against black magicians and have dabbled a little in it, but I feel that when they are ascending the self they are merely ascending their part of everyone, they just don't think about it. And there is plenty of self destructive behavior in humankind. But I think this rule of thumb is one of the keys to understanding white magic

That’s why Theogensis work affects one’s ancestry line- because elevation of a single samsaric individual to their fullest potential ripples across the bloodline, and the intersecting lines.

Left = make changes for self.
Right = make changes for others.

It’s a pretty basic way of viewing it, but there isn’t much worth ascribing to either set philosophy.

The only “___ hand path” one should follow, is the one dictated by their heart.

As E.A. has stated, all magic is black magic because all magic seeks to change the natural course of events (paraphrase).

That’s just dependent on your definition. In truth, “black magic” isn’t real- there is no real structural difference between magic used to usher change for the self, or for others.

Call it what you will, that doesn’t change what the magic is.

If it was about accepting it, it would be mysticism, the opposite of magic, the Right Hand Path.

Mysticism is a lot deeper than the shallow hole you just dug for it.

In the beginning, they were all essentially gods, and were only assigned the roles (best I can tell) of angels, demons, and gods and spirits as circumstances, or ignorance, or prejudice dictated.

Incorrect. In the earliest spiritual cultures, they regarded everything as “spirits” or “having a spirit”- animism in general.

The reason spirits have “roles” is because not all spirits are functionally the same. Angels are different from demons are different from gods are different from loi, and so on.