The perfect scrying mirror

Should I replace the mirror with real glass or plexiglass (plastic glass)?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jg3kJgwqxxpdPBto2

7 Likes

That is going to be lovely. If you plan on traveling with it, plexiglass. If it is staying in one place, real glass. If it is small enough I would mount it over one of those big obsidian mirrors.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s approximately 23.25 inches in diameter I’d love to have Obsidian but the biggest I’ve seen is 16.5 inches in diameter at under $7000.

:flushed:

Glass is nice…

6 Likes

Cheap too😀. I read in one of the threads on the forum that there is special significance to using glass.

3 Likes

I just found a place in Brooklyn that has round clear crystal glass for $85​:grin: slap some black acrylic paint on it and I’m in business :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

What about those heatproof casserole dishes, they’re round, also extremely tough?

They have Pyrex on the bottom, but the vintage ones at least don’t have handles on the lid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-Vintage-Pyrex-Casserole-dishes-with-lids-/292286088220

4 Likes

This is for the mirror frame pictured I brought it because it has that Stargate look. Richard Dean Anderson eat your heart out :joy:

3 Likes

I was sort of seeing it with the glass lip behind, but yeah, you’re right that it would be too big for most. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m almost tempted to put sigils of entities that specialize in scrying on the smaller mirrors like the combination sequence. But that might open the door to (no pun intended) a party I can’t handle.

2 Likes

Yep. Wait until Andrew WK dies. Then you can invoke him and there will be no party you can’t handle…

lol, sorry, I did not sleep much last night.

2 Likes

When I made mine, I sprayed a few coats of black paint on the backside, then took some colloidal silver and mixed in some of my blood. I used a small artist type brush to paint the elemental symbol for water, and the astrological symbol of the moon on the back. When that dried, I sealed it in with a few more coats of paint. Obviously, you can use any symbols near and dear to you. I let it sit out in the light of a full moon for several hours, then consecrated to all and any Lunar deities, and the element of water, all while facing west. Just some suggestions.

3 Likes

I just got a frame from the dollar store and painted it black and decorated the frame and I am happy with it! That is too rich for my blood!

3 Likes

I know the feeling :grin:

Thanks.

I hear you. Hey what ever works. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nothing wrong with that. I used an old picture frame that had been lying around for years.

2 Likes

I would say glass. Does anyone use plexiglass and if so does it work? I’d love obsidian but I do not have pockets quiet that deep right now so I just use glass painted black. I did put sigils on mine and since my daughter helped me make it (hehehe! family bonding at it’s finest!) we put things on it for protection that she liked. I liked them as well. We made it around Halloween last year so I bet you can guess what is ON it!! I’ll show you mine if you’ll show me yours!! No. Seriously! I’d love to see other people’s scrying mirrors or glasses or whatever you happen to use! That would be fun! And if anyone wants to see mine I will post it.

1 Like

I agree about the Obsidian. Sure. Once I get it painted and put back together I’ll be more than happy to display it on the forum.

2 Likes

The monitor for a desktop computer can work as well

2 Likes