The overlapping auric field

in baneful magick, E.A. talks about the overlapping auric field that one must establish with ones victim in order to penetrate them to kill them. you have a communication between both bodies. a “two way” street where you can communicate with your victim and “send” them whatever u would. but like E.A. says, the exchange works both ways, that you cannot build a wall to protect yourself. so what i got from this is that, you are open to your victim like they are open to you. if you were to send dark magick her or his way to kill him/her or make them sick, you would feel some of those side effects like you might get a light cold or feel under the weather. can any of you relate to this?

[quote=“taokua”]I see it a bit differently, my experience is that “I” don’t affect another person directly, or the general field (if I’m not targeting one in particular); rather I have to be-come the ME that is my usual self and the other person- at least for a moment.

-this is the same condition that results from Evocation (for any purpose) in regards to the Entities called up, you become liken to those you surround your-self with (as EA quoted to NateBales in "the Interview with Gurus" the energetic Xchange is like Sexual-contact... intimate, or even more so... in the same way the energetic-exchange intermingling in Baneful)...

Just as in Sexual-intimate contact, one can think back on those moments later… or they may just arise into one’s thoughts (not just thoughts, but one’s energetic field), thus either still-connected at present, or just the impact from that past connection sticks somehow…

(and whether one is doing a Sending, an Evocation Contact, or a Baneful direct influence -vs- a seeding of the Pattern (ie not a particular person but seeking a certain condition to arise) -thus the non-attachment, reversed effort, “forgetting” or however it is called… It seems to be tied in with this principle to help balance the Equation, so to speak.

==
To be more specific, particular affects resulting from this seem to change in regards to how the whole pattern taps into one’s system. -just twocents[/quote]

i think i understand what u are saying

When performing baneful works you must be willing to have what you intend to inflict inflicted upon yourself. If your working against someone who doesn’t know what’s going on then you should be fine. If they know anything about magickal defense then it could get ugly and truly in a battle of wills. There are spells that will counter what you do and the more you fight it the worse it gets for you. Know your target and perform a divination before you attack. Never use what you can’t repel yourself.

i agree! with baneful magick the way it is described it seems like you would get a small taste of what you sent out to the person because of the connection you have with them. its kind of like a way to confirm that your spell is working because if you are feeling a little bit imagine what the person you sent it to is feeling.

I look at it like this, the amount of negativity used for Baneful works will bleed over on to yourself but it shouldn’t be to the point of physically feeling it (at least in my own experience). I usually notice more negative attitude or atmosphere while the works are going, if I was to feel physical results I would immediately do a divination to see if my work was being countered. If that was the case I would first strengthen my own defenses and if that didn’t help I would most likely stop the work.

E.A. has said many times the powers we work with build a relationship where you become what you work with. When using negative energy it is expected to have some seep into your life just as would positive energy when helping others.

[quote=“TheWanderingFool, post:5, topic:875”]I look at it like this, the amount of negativity used for Baneful works will bleed over on to yourself but it shouldn’t be to the point of physically feeling it (at least in my own experience). I usually notice more negative attitude or atmosphere while the works are going, if I was to feel physical results I would immediately do a divination to see if my work was being countered. If that was the case I would first strengthen my own defenses and if that didn’t help I would most likely stop the work.

E.A. has said many times the powers we work with build a relationship where you become what you work with. When using negative energy it is expected to have some seep into your life just as would positive energy when helping others.[/quote]

interesting. it excites me how dangerous the powers of darkness are. it makes me feel like a true witch! i will embrace the powers of darkness!!

Compartmentalization, leave the rage, negativity, madness…whatever in your ritual area. Don’t let a leaking faucet drip into you’re life. You can do the most negative magick in the world but if you know how to “leave it there” you shouldn’t have a problem. IMO of course