The Occult significance of Thanksgiving

Now a lot of people want to argue over what this holiday represents, this isn’t a political forum. I’m here today to discuss the spiritual and occult significance of the holiday as it pertains to the energy that effects our lives.

Three things I’m going to cover here, 1 why do we eat a bunch of food and what the symbolism means. 2, why we all gather around as a family, and 3 the importance of gratitude in rewiring our attitude.
It surprises me how much the words meaning it’s self is lost in people’s minds around this holiday. cornucopia When people think of thanks giving they think of turkey, gravy, pumpkin pie, and cranberry sauce. It conjures images of pilgrims and Indians sitting around and cornucopia etc. yVZd4-X7HEGmF-iWkeDMpw
What is a cornucopia?

It comes from the Latin , cornu copiae, which means horn of plenty. It’s a wicker basket made to resemble goats horn.
OK, so why the goat’s horn? Well there’s a bunch of myths surrounding this. The first is that while Zeus was a child hanging out and hiding out on the island of Crete from his father Chronos who has a tendency to make baby barbeque. Again we see a food motif, just sayin. :hushed: ZeusAmalthea-ReverseMortgageInstitute
Well anyway, Zeus had a bunch of people taking care of him, one of them was the goat goddess amalthea feeding him her milk and being a strong kid he accidentally breaks off one of her horns and it turns into this magical thing that provides an endless supply of nourishment.
Another myth about Hercules having a fight with a local river god and breaks off his horn. Rivers were always seen as a source of provision not only of fresh water but of fish, plant life and the source from which agricultural irrigation begins. This theme of agricultural abundance keeps creeping up around this symbol of the cornu copiae all around these myths and gods associated with the thing. 220px-Livia_statue
Terra, Demeter, Plutus, Hades, Fortuna, Mia, Abundita etc. All agricultural and harvest gods associated with plenty and abundance with corresponding allegorical myths explaining the various aspects of gratitude for a good and abundant harvest.

It then makes sense that thanksgiving would be a holiday traditionally set around harvest season now doesn’t it?
In the modern American myth of the pilgrims(which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense because a pilgrim is a person on their way to a sacred place to show veneration, a pilgrimage, and these people would be better classified as refugees, because they were escaping religious persecution) and native Americans we see similarities. Almost as if the entire story was a fiction crafted from a composition of ancient pagan symbolism.
The pilgrims show up, don’t know how to work the land and start to starve, the natives show potty on them and teach them how to live off the land as in proper agricultural techniques specifically catering to the terrain. The two become friends and share an abundant harvest together. The pilgrims prepare a feast to give thanks to their newly found friends as well as god for their help and come together across a cultural divide as brothers and sisters in humanity. A wonderful story of different people working together to have abundance regardless of their differences, a not uniquely American motif but it represent what America is supposed to stand for. download
Now it may be interesting to note that the Turkey was Benjamin Franklin’s first choice for the national bird. The Turkey to many native American tribes, as well as Europeans represents confidence, wisdom, abundance, sacrifice and gratitude amongst many other attributes but I list the ones relevant to the myth of thanksgiving.
20181022-roasted-turkey-in-parts-23-liz-clayman-625x469
As you can clearly see this holiday didn’t just spring up out of nowhere it was well thought out and crafted rich with symbolism both ancient and modern and spanning various cultures and peoples.
So why do we eat a bunch of food? In short because the feast is part of the celebration of abundance from good harvest. From an anthropological perspective humans, (Oxford comma ) when they get together for whatever reason seem so share community and togetherness over food. All people eat and so it’s one commonality all can share in no matter who you are or where you come from or what gods you thank for your abundance.
Another thing is its hard not to have a sense of satisfaction, contentment and gratitude on a stomach full of good food and drink.

So why do we gather around as a family? Well first and foremost it’s what we do as humans to celebrate, it’s a sense of community and unity that we share that makes us feel safe. For humans there is strength in numbers and when we come together with common goals we can achieve anything, even if it’s just to throw an epic party. Our coming to gather represents the many peoples and cultures that come together in unity to build a nation of abundance and accomplish prosperity for all.

So what’s the significance of gratitude?
This is a simple concept, when we are in an attitude of gratitude we attract and create abundance. Our focus is different in our minds when we feel grateful, we feel better about our situation even if it’s not ideal. A lack of gratitude produces a spirit of resentment, jealousy, hopelessness and a vast array of negative thoughts and emotions that do us no good whatsoever and only cause to attract more of the same. So when we feel grateful we place ourselves in the energy of thanks and in that energy we have the hope, joy, and ambition that victory creates within us and gives us drive and confidence to accomplish even more and have more reasons to give ourselves to feel grateful.

Addendum:
Why we eat turkey on thanksgiving.
In almost all shamanic traditions across the globe the consumption, wearing of, skins, feathers and likeness of etc. an animal is thought to impart the attributes of said animal to the one consuming it.

14 Likes

Turkeys during the thanksgiving season:

tenor%20(7)

3 Likes

32 posts were merged into an existing topic: Formal warning & Trust Level demotion Sentinel

Well done, brother. This is what they should be teaching in school.

Let the haters hate.

2 Likes

Thank you brother.

Off with your heads!!! said the Queen of Hearts. Now to my message. I’m thankful and grateful for all you folks who is contributing and helping each other better our magick skills in the past and toward the future. Thankful for all who is ‘real’ and being a great influence in my life. May we all not have to deal with fake people in our lives and have quality real people welcome us magicians.

1 Like

Is there any other satanic holidays? I would love to learn them so I can celebrate them with my lover!

1 Like

That’s a good question! Most holidays are a rehash of old pagan holidays anyway. Like Christmas for example is basically a combination of Roman Saturnalia and Celtic Yule, and various other pagan winter solstice celebrations. So in my opinion Saturnalia could easily become the festival of Belial. As his correspondences and his traditional root god current is a harvest, earth, and winter solstice god such as Saturn so it lines up nicely with Saturnalia. Perhaps we could craft a holiday with the information we have. One that centers on the winter solstice and other corresponding astrotheological representations.

3 Likes