The nature of Gateways

Hi everyone,

I’ve been thinking recently about Astral gateways, specially ones such as the KoF gate. According to EA, a gateway is an area of our world where the “Astral curtain”/Veil is weaker, allowing spirits to cross through whenever they like. One such example is in Ipsissimuss, EA was hired to expel a demon when he was in high school and it turned out to be a gateway that was causing the disturbances -so he closed it. My question here, is to what extent do gateways function? Spirits seem to have no problem manifesting in our world, they’ve Manifested in my life many times outside of ritual. The process of evocation also draws the spirits nearer into this world and into our awareness, however once you dismiss the spirt and conclude the ritual, most of the time, the Energy fades.

I also seem to remember EA mentioning in KoF that the gateway can be used to enter the temple of casualty, but it can also be used by the Flame entities to enter our world. What’s the difference between a spirit coming through a gateway and evoking one? In the former circumstance would the spirit stay in this world for a longer scale? Opening a Gate and allowing spirits to come and go as they please would be pretty beneficial to me, so another question would be how would I go about creating/opening a gateway?

Well there’s a few ways you can go about it. And a few different kinds of gateways. Are you wanting something permanent and generalized kind of dangerous because you have an open door to anything or is it a gate for a particular spirit or a kind of spirit like Djinn or fay?

Think of the astral wall like a real wall and every time a spirit comes through a hole it gets bigger. So when you do rituals to certain forces in certain places those places become big gaping holes between worlds. Similarly when intentionally creating gates intent is a big part of it. I like to use an object of some sort to become the access point for the spirit but if you want some kind of open gate to multiple spirits you have to do things a lot differently and if you want to prevent certain types of spirits then you have to factor that in as well and the process is lengthy. So what kind of gate do you want?

Well, the spirit I’m working with is largely demonic. While allowing him through is relatively easy (he’s a very trusted friend of mine so he’s going to be the spirit I have my first possession experience with), I had the idea of creating a gateway to allow his familiars or lower “ranked” spirits to cross over and help me with ascent on a permanent basis. While I’m not opposed to having other spirits come through, I can definitely see how it could become an issue and get dangerous, so I’ll stick to just this one type of spirit for now.

As a side note, once a singular gate is created for one type, couldn’t I just create different gates for different types of spirits?

Well, the spirit I’m working with is largely demonic. While allowing him through is relatively easy (he’s a very trusted friend of mine so he’s going to be the spirit I have my first possession experience with), I had the idea of creating a gateway to allow his familiars or lower “ranked” spirits to cross over and help me with ascent on a permanent basis. While I’m not opposed to having other spirits come through, I can definitely see how it could become an issue and get dangerous, so I’ll stick to just this one type of spirit for now.

As a side note, once a singular gate is created for one type, couldn’t I just create different gates for different types of spirits?[/quote] yes you could make multiple gates for that procedure you must be sure of your intent because it is what will decide what is allowed through. When you are crafting the physical object you will be using as the access point use sigils of the spirits you are welcoming and be sure you tell them that this is their gate and to protect it. And when you craft the object be sure to say this is only for these specific spirits and non others are allowed.
As for building the astral gate part what I do is some what the same as doing an evokation only you place your object in the circle in the triangle. Make sure your timing is right IE your planets and Moon phases. Then you perform the ritual and close the ritual but don’t dismiss the spirit. Do this three times on waxing moon as the moon starts to become full then one more ritual with the intent of making the gate and then close the ritual and dismiss the spirits to the gate. At this point it should be done and you can take the object and use it to communicate with your spirits any time any place.

Would the object be more powerful if I created/built it myself? As in glued it together from parts etc. Also, as far as timings go, I assume I would do the ritual at the time that coordinates to the spirit I wish to come through? Would I need to do the “opening ritual” in the place that I wanted the gate to be? So for example, if I were to do it in my living room, would the gate only be there, or would the gate move around with the object that used?

It will be with the object and making it yourself could be more effective.

@AdamThoth I would like to be able to enter a gateway where I can work with Greek gods and goddesses. Would you be able to help guide me on creating a gateway for for that?

The idea of a gateway is that it is something that is created in your own mind, just like everything in magick. It is made up of associations and concepts ideas etc that remind you of what it is that you want to connect to. So the physical space is not as important as the actual gateway in your mind. If you want to form a gateway you should place around your space the things that remind you of what you are trying to connect to.in this case it is the Greek pantheon so you should buy some Greek statues and art and Greek decor and set up your sacred space with images and references to the Greek pantheon specifically the gods you want to work with. This way when you enter your sacred space you are surrounded with the representations of the pantheon and it comes to the forefront of your awareness.

1 Like