The middle pillar for the left hand path

is there a left and right middle pillar exercise?first time i hear this.lady eva uses a different middle pillar technique and if i remember correctly it’s not for the rest of us to use…
since you mention it,i’m starting to use the planetary-kabbalistic MP from uncle bearheart.the more i do it,the more i feel the current…take a look if you want.

Intro into the Advanced Middle Pillar 3 of 4

2 Likes

[quote=“dron, post:2, topic:3784”]is there a left and right middle pillar exercise?first time i hear this.lady eva uses a different middle pillar technique and if i remember correctly it’s not for the rest of us to use…
since you mention it,i’m starting to use the planetary-kabbalistic MP from uncle bearheart.the more i do it,the more i feel the current…take a look if you want.

Intro into the Advanced Middle Pillar 3 of 4[/quote]

The thing is they are calling out the different names of God. You could call on the names of Lucifer, but I think it would drive you too far into darkness, to the point where you would go insane. I think what I might do is call on the planetary angels as the auras for the different Chakras.

1 Like

sounds interesting.drop the formula if you want.:slight_smile:

1 Like

So here’s what I came up with. For each of the places that the light has to hit, you gaze into the sigil of each intelligence, visualizing it filling that space. Each Chakra absorbs the power and essence of each planet.

1 Like

Jason Newcomb teaches it using Greek instead of the traditional means. He has a guided recording on his website, he has the traditional and his version. I liked his version much more.

1 Like

Mine’s upside-down (starts at your feet not head) and also uses syllables I was given and told not to share. In that respect it’s not different to most of us who get given something that’s for our own use (maybe keyed to our own energy or something?) so I’m not being a meanie hoarding it. You might start turning into a chick or something… :wink:

Seriously there are many exercises that use the same energy work and strip away the godnames, and also Gvgjbune, there are some intonations you could use if you’re going towards planetary magick, there’s an image with the list here. That’s taken from Stephen Flower’s book Hermetic Magic by the way.

2 Likes

I’d probably stick with the original… those God names should not be viewed as being either left or right hand. The energy you raise is naked in that practice until you give it a purpose, if you have any purpose for it outside of energizing yourself. However, I personally wouldn’t worry too much about making the practice “left-hand”… at some point in your practice you will be poised to give up those delineations anyway. The exercise seems plenty fine for either right or left handers.

2 Likes

I like your view White Jesus, God serves us and not the opposite.

Welcome back btw!

Well I’ll be totally honest with you, the God names really bother me and I felt sick for most of the day just from doing the first 2 chakras. So I think I’m going to give this planetary meditation a shot. I’ll give it a couple weeks and see what happens. Thanks to all of you who commented. I really appreciate your input.

Well how new are you to energy work, and how long have you done it? You might feel sick if you haven’t really done anything with it, and the planetary names also come from the same pantheon. What is the center of your disgust with them… just asking because magicians are usually more of their own worst enemy than any god or spirit could ever be

I can’t sit in a church. If I were to attempt to pray, I turn a grey color and my skin gets pastry. The God names have the same effect on me. I can’t really explain it.

Hmph, yea bro then I wouldn’t use them. However, I would try to see what I can do about that in your position… there’s probably some sort of baseline aversion to it that has been developed for whatever reason. I would say that if this is the case for you, rather than trying to adapt this exercise, why not try an exercise that is different from it? There are plenty of meditations that use the “pillar” style; the Microcosmic Orbit is definitely one of those type of meditations.

The Middle Pillar is based off of elemental proclivities. Inasmuch as this is the case, there are other vibratory names that are not associated with Judeo-Christian paradigms that hold still share that 5-element delineation. Some for Earth element, you could use the vibratory bija mantra LAM (the “A” here is pronounced like “uh”, so it is LUM more so than LAM). Water would be VAM, fire would be RAM, YAM For air, and HAM for akasha. Again, all of the sounds produced with the “A” are like “uh” such as the sound made with the word “duh”.

The only thing about this is that it may be problematic mixing up the anatomy here. The points of the Middle Pillar are different from thee elemental points in traditions like Indian Yoga. Without question, the Middle Pillar is adapted from these earlier traditions, although they will swear up and down that they are not. The throw together some Tree of Life references, but understand that the Middle Pillar, while deeply ingrained in the Tree of Life mythos, is ultimately a practice contrived of many borrowed systems. It doesn’t make the practice any less useful in my opinion, it just shows you that you can put shit together and if it sounds like it could work, it probably will.

So if you are really set on using this particular exercise, try using something like those bij mantras. I can vouch that they have legit power, but they are not tied to any sense of morality or anything Judeo-Christian. You may use demon names if you like, but I personally wouldn’t as it seems you might already have polarity issues with not being able to use on “moral” side of that pantheon. If you use those demon names, you might just further that polarization, which in my experience holds a magician back honestly. I can also say that even though the anatomy doesn’t quite line up between the Hindu and Hermetic etheric bodies, the Indian bij mantras are pretty flexible, and are more expansive than just allocations to center etheric anatomies.

So that’s my advice, and hopefully it helps some.

1 Like

seems dangerous for me.i can imagine what would happen if i’ll do it.

The1gza, thank you for that response. You can tell you put a lot of effort into it. I really do appreciate it.

seems dangerous for me.i can imagine what would happen if i’ll do it.[/quote]

I’ve done it four times today. The spirits I placed on each of the planets are their intelligences. They are responsible for all the beneficial energies of each of the planets. I tell you, I feel much more calm since I started, and expanded my business a bit, already.

my instinct tell me to stay away from this big time.this of course doesn’t mean that this exercise is wrong.
also why saturn on the crown chacra?i can’t understand it.

The intelligence of Saturn is here. It explains it’s beneficial attributes.
http://altreligion.about.com/od/westernocculttradition/ig/Planetary-Intelligence-Sigils/Intelligence-of-Saturn.htm

The planetary alliances with the chakras are tricky, they are different according to who you read from. In some places, Saturn is at Muladhara, while Jupiter is at the crown. Again, it’s not written in stone, so you will have to make things up at some point. I mean, this is my association to the planets and chakras:

Muladhara (Root): Saturn
Svadisthana (Sexual Center): Mars
Manipura (Navel/Solar Plexus): Sun
Anahata (Heart): Venus
Vishuddi (Throat): Mercury
Ajna (Brow/Third Eye): Moon
Sahasrara (Crown): Jupiter

It’s all pretty up in the air LOL

[quote=“the1gza, post:19, topic:3784”]The planetary alliances with the chakras are tricky, they are different according to who you read from. In some places, Saturn is at Muladhara, while Jupiter is at the crown. Again, it’s not written in stone, so you will have to make things up at some point. I mean, this is my association to the planets and chakras:

Muladhara (Root): Saturn
Svadisthana (Sexual Center): Mars
Manipura (Navel/Solar Plexus): Sun
Anahata (Heart): Venus
Vishuddi (Throat): Mercury
Ajna (Brow/Third Eye): Moon
Sahasrara (Crown): Jupiter

It’s all pretty up in the air LOL[/quote]

Well, that’s exactly what I did. I made that picture in Photoshop. This one I came up with myself. So, I’ll see how it goes…

1 Like

@Shadowstorm696 currently works very nicely out,
some valuable guiding teachings on it.

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth