The Matrix

Brethren,
I have been studying the nature of reality ever since i was about 12 years old. I know this sounds young for this topic but it is true. I used to daydream and that made me visit places. After my episodes i was frequently told to answer questions on what was jus t mentioned.

Well, i did not have a clue and frequently had to copy from other unknowing class people. One day my usual class mate covered her book and i had nothing to copy from. Needless to say the result was not good.

Now i know those times were magical. It takes effort to get back there now. My perception of the world not being quite correct still has meaning to me.

I believe that without true knowing my magik will be weak. Knowing evil and good and soul and spirit and consciousness and the veil and time and universe.

It has been an extremely long journey for me. I was born and grew up ignorant to all this stuff. It is only my gumption that propelled me forward. I hope this is something you can relate to my friends.

I believe that without true knowing my magik will be weak.

Your skill comes from mastering the basics. And mastering the basics means repeating them over and over again until they become a part of you and you can do them accurately without conscious thought.

But don’t get stuck in “practice mode”. Learn what you use as you go to make real change in the physical world.

And that appears to be the cycle:
– learn
– practice
– learn
– perform
– learn

Each step you take will allow new insights to unfold within you.

And be patient with yourself. Truly mastering the basics can take a lifetime.

Yes - it’s good to have a keen fascination with things, but you don’t need to understand how everything in the universe works to do effective magick that gets results.

[quote=“valkarath, post:2, topic:7948”]

I believe that without true knowing my magik will be weak.

Your skill comes from mastering the basics. And mastering the basics means repeating them over and over again until they become a part of you and you can do them accurately without conscious thought.

But don’t get stuck in “practice mode”. Learn what you use as you go to make real change in the physical world.

And that appears to be the cycle:
– learn
– practice
– learn
– perform
– learn

Each step you take will allow new insights to unfold within you.

And be patient with yourself. Truly mastering the basics can take a lifetime.[/quote]

There’s a model in Neuro Linguistic Programming where you transition from “Unconscious/Conscious Incompetence” to then have a skill of “Conscious/Unconscious Competence.” Basically 4 stages of becoming better where practice and education/smarts makes things more perfect. With Magick, it is like the difference between just sending your desire out into the universe to manifest, vs doing it with a finely tuned Affirmation with a greater knowledge of how things work.