The law of Karma

Karma as most people understand it is theosophical bullshit. They created this idea that karma was some kind of tit-for-tat cosmic justice. Theosophy is little more than Christianity in eastern drag. Unfortunately a great deal of western occultism is infected by their ideas.

I’ve already gone into this here

And here

6 Likes

Whew… You did what i was too lazy to do. The whole perception of law of karma in the west is not completely right. Thanks for the explanation man

2 Likes

Read some actual hermetic texts and you’ll see that this isn’t actually the case. The Emerald Tablet and The Kybalion would be good starting places.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Hahahaha! Kalifornia karma. I’m totally stealing that.

1 Like

:rofl:
Found this spreading all over FB, not sure the origins but too damn funny.

My UPG is as follows: There is no karma in the traditional Western misconception of it, in that if I do something “evil” there is no higher power that will automatically punish me for it.

However:

If you feel guilty over an action that you’re performing, this guilt may manifest either subconsciously or as a thought form. In other words, if you don’t truly believe you’re in the right, or if part of you feels badly for what you’ve done, you may end up inadvertently punishing yourself.

But most importantly: people generally don’t like assholes. If you’re consistently a dick to other people, odds are that eventually you’ll see some backlash to your actions. Nothing mystical or supernatural about it; just that people tend to be more likely to do nice things for you if you’re good to them, and more likely to fuck you over if you fuck them over on a regular basis. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’ve put some of my views on the subject here

When people have needed to be removed one way or a other was i concerned with “karma” no i was concerned with the roadblock in my path and busted out the dynamite. Sometimes this has meant banishing people, more rare means cursing to remove them.

Been better off as a result. Learned some, grew some and now i have alot fewer headaches to deal with.

I see Karma as a good tool for cursing and hexing; so many believe in the stereotype just a few well placed conversations can cause self cursing. :wink:

2 Likes

So, if I kill people just like hitler but I didn’t feel any guilt then there will be no karma for me?

No. Its not about intention, it’s more about action. Of I kill you in this life i will be killed by you in one of my next life. The only way to not be affected by karma is to not self identify with the action

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

Hmm… Everytime you feel you yourself are the doer of the action it creates a karma as you get attached to the fruits of it. Don’t self identify with the action, believe yourself as an instrument of God, believe whatever you do, good or bad, is being done by God through you. You won’t incur the karma then. Never get attached to the fruits of the actions that you do

1 Like

I see.

But people here says karma is bullshit. They said it depends on whether you believe or not. If you don’t believe in karma, then it won’t happen to you at all, and vice versa.

What is your opinion on this?

If i ignore gravity, it does not mean that gravity won’t affect me. It will do so irrespective of what I believe. Universal laws cannot be broken, but they can be bended. People who don’t believe in reincarnation usually don’t believe in karma.

1 Like

Ok. Can you give an example how it can be bended?

Here is a story of how I directly experienced the wheel of samsara, the wheel of suffering, of reincarnation.

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/amanita/30482/11

1 Like

I believe in reincarnation but not in “karma”.
To me it’s a ladder or more like a library you keep filling. You gain more knowledge with each go and of course you can have some baggage along the way but that’s balance.

I plant a tree. But I don’t feel ive planted it, I was just an instrument of God to plant it. I don’t care about the fruits of the tree. I’ll not incur any good or bad karma for it.

1 Like

It’s true, forgiveness, most of all in and for yourself is what keeps one guilt-free, thus karma-free. If you can come to forgive your sins(all the times you’ve ‘missed the mark’), that is equivalent to lifting the weight of karma.

But be careful not to fool yourself. True forgiveness and acceptance does not come easy. Many practitioners will delude themselves into thinking they have forgiven thus transcended their karma, but when they are wrong it manifests as detrimental aspects of personality through their interactions with other lives. True forgiveness takes painstaking work, the kind of work it takes to enact revenge on an enemy, which too many of us are immediately going for rather than the acceptance of our own mistakes and forgiveness thus release of our own inner, unresolved tensions.

1 Like