The key to all magic

I was talking to fenrir and what randomly popped in my head was what’s the key to magic. We were talking telepathy because I don’t want him to open his mouth again.

He heard and said intent nothing can be created or end without intent.

This probably will be geared to new magicians

8 Likes

Just out of curiosity, why?

1 Like

Teeth seeing his throat

1 Like

Got a feeling I might tonight because I’m putting his sigil or name in runes under my pillow

1 Like

You mean something like this?

3 Likes

Quit a bit bigger not as many teeth but yep

2 Likes

Wow.

1 Like

Is he dangerous to work with or just scary?

1 Like

Anything can be dangerous if you’re an idiot about it. I’d assume he’s just scary, assuming the practitioner is competent.

3 Likes

I agree.

2 Likes

He’s cunning and persuasive just overall be careful in the astral he can swallow you whole if he wants thank goodness he hasn’t tried yet

2 Likes

Get yourself some astral bear-mace

3 Likes

Don’t know how bear mace would work for a wolf entity.

1 Like

Have you ever seen what bear mace does to bears? A bear is generally larger than a wolf. Ergo, the bear mace should be more effective against a wolf.

2 Likes

Agreed. Intent is everything.

Candles, incense, fancy circle, salt, sigils, none of it does diddly squat if your intent is not focused. Props help you focus, your focus doesn’t help the props.

7 Likes

Bear/pepper spray contains capsaicin, it works on anything with mucous membranes.
The difference is only size and range of the delivery system, as far as I’m aware… so bear spray, comes in a massive can that only lasts like 4 sprays, but human pepper spray is a small can that lasts 25 sprays… but you probably don’t want a bear, or a wolf, to get close enough to use it, hence large can with at least a 10 ft spray zone and a ton of chemical.

(Edit: I’m a hiker, I keep a can on my belt. But the best deterrent is to make a lot of noise so the bears can piss off before you get there. They don’t really want to be around humans anyway)

3 Likes

I agree 100%. Tools are often used to focus itent, remind one of intent, and to focus power - but are in and of themselves simply tools. A powerful sorcer can wield tremendous amount of magic with intent and power alone.

What happens if he does?

@anon48957109 fixed :slight_smile:

I am curious what happens if the great wolf decides to make a meal of one’s Astral self, though… What’s your opinion?

There are a lot of good threads on Astral Travel, lets keep this one on OP’s discussion with Fenrir. :wink:

1 Like

I haven’t worked with Fenrir yet but I’ve felt his presence. It reminds me of Leviathan in the fact it is massive. Not sure if it felt that way to you as well OP.