The EE method of evocation vs The BoA Summoning Rite

So which one of these evocation methods do you guys use/prefer? Is the EE method with the altar,wine,chalice and all the consecrations work better for beginners? Or does the BoA Summoning Rite as used in the ME course work just as well?

I have had a ton of success with the EE method. This was the first time I actually saw anything, I used this method and after a couple days of trying to see Raphael, he popped up. I use a method that is more my own now, but is heavily influenced by EE.

Thatā€™s strange.The first spirit I tried to evoke was Raphael using the EE method.I didnā€™t get a manifestation but the incense smoke turned violet,which is the color of Raphaelā€™s healing light.I didnā€™t know that at the time so I thought I failed.

one of the biggest mistakes to make is thinking that an evocation was a failure. Even Bardon warns against this, saying that you need to hone your senses first, and understand that evocation isnā€™t something that automatically happens without putting the time in.
Ericā€™s talked about this over and over again. Put the time in, practice practice practice.
Anyway - I like the EE method - itā€™s simple and concise. I use a mix between EE and Bardonā€™s method. Even though EE is everything you need, Bardon includes using things that set the stage. Depending on the entity to be evoked, you simply adjust the color of the light in the room. Like the actual light. It helps with shifting your environment.
Seriously though, just try both of them a few times. Then settle on what feels right for you. But most importantly - just do it, and keep doing it.

DK, i was worried man. glad to see you again! :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œDK The Mage, post:4, topic:2006ā€]one of the biggest mistakes to make is thinking that an evocation was a failure. Even Bardon warns against this, saying that you need to hone your senses first, and understand that evocation isnā€™t something that automatically happens without putting the time in.
Ericā€™s talked about this over and over again. Put the time in, practice practice practice.
Anyway - I like the EE method - itā€™s simple and concise. I use a mix between EE and Bardonā€™s method. Even though EE is everything you need, Bardon includes using things that set the stage. Depending on the entity to be evoked, you simply adjust the color of the light in the room. Like the actual light. It helps with shifting your environment.
Seriously though, just try both of them a few times. Then settle on what feels right for you. But most importantly - just do it, and keep doing it.[/quote]

Could you give me an example of how to synthesize the method of Bardon and Koetting, please?, Bardon writes about creating the energy of the sphere inside the temple (this is not only illuminated with electric light or lamps of a particular color) but projected from the Universe, for example the emerald color of Venus, do you use this?.
Iā€™ve always thought that the Bardonian technique was ideal for planetary spirits. His second book is a great grimoireitself.

Iā€™ve never read bardonā€™s stuff.What book are you guys refering to?

He has 3 books, Initiation into Hermetics, Pracice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Qabbalah.

Thanks TWF,Iā€™ll try to find some pdf formats for these books.

@DKthemage:That was my first evocation attempt,and now that I have more knowledge I always state my desire and dismissal.Thanks for the encouraging words.

Iā€™m in and out. Pretty busy these days, but Iā€™ll try to poke my head in here and there :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œGottskalk, post:6, topic:2006ā€][quote=ā€œDK The Mage, post:4, topic:2006ā€]one of the biggest mistakes to make is thinking that an evocation was a failure. Even Bardon warns against this, saying that you need to hone your senses first, and understand that evocation isnā€™t something that automatically happens without putting the time in.
Seriously though, just try both of them a few times. Then settle on what feels right for you. But most importantly - just do it, and keep doing it.[/quote]

Could you give me an example of how to synthesize the method of Bardon and Koetting, please?, Bardon writes about creating the energy of the sphere inside the temple (this is not only illuminated with electric light or lamps of a particular color) but projected from the Universe, for example the emerald color of Venus, do you use this?.
Iā€™ve always thought that the Bardonian technique was ideal for planetary spirits. His second book is a great grimoireitself.[/quote]

ya, youā€™ve got it. Just use real light from a lamp and infuse it with mental light from the universe. Thereā€™s other things to help with this - for example, using magic mirrors to impregnate the room (obviously Bardonian there)

Honestly with all the different methods Iā€™ve been learning lately, Iā€™ve just decided to channel the spirits beforehand and ask them if what I plan on doing during the ritual is acceptable. If they have any recommendations they seem to let me know.

I did one using an altar as the E.E. method suggests and had very good results, although the ones without the altar as in the M.E. course seem to work just as well.

I havenā€™t even used a triangle, following E.A.'s tips from the M.E. video course.

What Iā€™m picking up about all of this more than anything(in my short time)ā€¦is its all about your state of mind & attitude more than any strict methodology.

I managed to get a decent ā€˜astralā€™ outline(and a very strong mental impression) of a spirit a few times using incense aloneā€¦Iā€™m moving up to blood nextā€¦hell maybe Iā€™ll use both if the spirit seems cool with it. Iā€™ve channeled Belial and weā€™ve agreed to a pact through blood. Itā€™ll be my first demonic pact, so Iā€™m really getting myself worked up for it through multiple channelings and preparations(again, psychic connection). Iā€™m hoping I can get a nice visual and some nice results using the darker methodology of bloodā€¦ (Using the elixir E.A. suggests from the M.E. course)

1 Like