The Draconian Path

So I have been reading Apophis by Michael Kelly, and what really caught my attention was this paragraph:

“The first thing that the Initiate learns, however, is that
he knows next to nothing of himself. The personality is a
hotch-potch of parental and societal conditioning, shaped and
reshaped by the media, advertising and selective education.
The first tasks for the student are to strip away the accretions
to finally reveal his own unsullied central core.”

Sometimes I meditate and believe I’m not in the right path, like I’m heading in the wrong direction. Not that I blame society or other people about my choices, but external factors have shaped me in something that I am not.

Have any of you had this same feeling? Do you believe the Draconian Path could help us reveal our true self?

1 Like

It may help you, or it may harm you. If you feel drawn to it go for it the Temple of Ascending Flame has a free project and intro course thats great. Michael kelly, Kenneth Grant, Asenath Mason, and a few others have some really great books out. The reason i say it could harm you is because the Kundalini awakening can be brutal. I realized my activated a while ago recently after my Intro course. Another part not usually accepted by most is that the Draconian gods will clear your path sometimes to your detriment. Many i have seen recently have been going through this. I escaped most of it by being completely honest with my self and brutally so. So you may hit that wall. Just try to look at yourself as an outsider would and face your demons. The draconian oath is one of direct ascent also for tgose of us who stick with it and grants immeasurable power and boons. Pm me if you want any more information.

2 Likes

[quote=“Jack Warren, post:1, topic:8203”]Sometimes I meditate and believe I’m not in the right path, like I’m heading in the wrong direction. Not that I blame society or other people about my choices, but external factors have shaped me in something that I am not.

Have any of you had this same feeling?[/quote]

Not that feeling, but I agree with that quote for sure.

Have you tried some simple exercises like, “If I knew what my path was, it might look like…” and so on, to shake some ideas free?

If you were a charcater in a book, what would that character’s best (and most exciting) path be? Does that appeal to Real-You?

Leaving it as a question, so as to relieve the “pass/fail” element, and maybe even doing some work on your archetypes, what they are for yourself, how far what you believe yourself to be differs from your archetypal “ideal self”?

This isn’t just self-help (though I like that stuff in its own right) - Stephen Flowers (writing as Edred Thorsson) wrote a book, originally I believe just for Rune Gild members, called “The Nine Doors Of Midgard” and there’s an exercise very like that where you create a Magickal Self and step into, and out of, that Self to do the work.

You associatie it with something, he suggests a piece of jewellery (I prefer a robe), that you wear when you are being that person, that enhanced and perfected You, and slowly the “gap” between you closes.

This is not unlike an NLP method taught in various books, notably Paul McKenna’s “Change Your Life In 7 Days,” where you envision the Successful You, how he talks, breathes, dresses, his manner in general, even the colour/s you associate with him, then you step into that and draw in the colours and so on.

It’s a legit exercise in my experience, and it works on an energetic level as well. :slight_smile:

How about this. You clean yourself out. There is no “not being your true self.” Forget all the fancy truth seeker stuff it complicates things. So you cleanly Deprogram what yoh want. Then you go through the process of whatever you want. This is your true self because you want it. Go with desire/instinct.

Make life about Living it, and not all about trying to figure out how to live it. That just wastes time.

1 Like

Thank you all for your suggestions. I’m planning to buy the book Past-Life Memories by Richard Webster. This book covers past-life regression methods. I guess it would be beneficial to know about our past life too.

I would like some day to start working with the Draconian Current. Besides of what I mentioned in my previous post, there is something else tempting about this Current. But everybody mention that this path is too risky. Do you think it would be wise to join a Draconian Order?

It would be the best way to learn how to work with the current. Asenath Mason just released a book called Draconian Ritual on Amazon that is for self initiation. But its always good to have people who you can ask questions and receive experienced answers. So in my opinion it is helpful but not necessary. And it is risky but also powerful you cant have power without risk. I have always went against what others told me and it has always proved beneficial. All magick has the potential to be equally as dangerous. People nust hear Kundalini and Qliphothic magick and freak out lol.

I have a Michael Kelly book, Words of Power; I love it in some ways, but in other I feel like it is somewhat dogmatic in the “White Side” of Jahwistry- I wil have to read this Apophis book when I can.

[quote=“Jack Warren, post:1, topic:8203”]So I have been reading Apophis by Michael Kelly, and what really caught my attention was this paragraph:

“The first thing that the Initiate learns, however, is that
he knows next to nothing of himself. The personality is a
hotch-potch of parental and societal conditioning, shaped and
reshaped by the media, advertising and selective education.
The first tasks for the student are to strip away the accretions
to finally reveal his own unsullied central core.”

Sometimes I meditate and believe I’m not in the right path, like I’m heading in the wrong direction. Not that I blame society or other people about my choices, but external factors have shaped me in something that I am not.

Have any of you had this same feeling? Do you believe the Draconian Path could help us reveal our true self?[/quote]

When you start on the path of Magick, a compete transformation of your identity is inevitable (and quite necessary).

But I’ve learnt the best way to navigate these unknown waters is to remain entirely focused on the subjects and subject matter that excites or intrigues you while leaving all that “mental scaffolding” or "thoughts about what your doing/ who it is doing it/ how and why I am why I am at this moment-

At the door.

Its kinda like your conscious mind is a magnifying glass, expanding anything and everything it touches.

Ergo you could spend all weekend “thinking about how your changing and what that’ll all be about,” or you can “let it happen” while your focus lies exclusively on all the fun new things your learning about becoming a Magick creative person.

I can say from experience that you can spend a life time “philosophizing on your identity” and not learn anything new about yourself.
While if the same time were spent “lost in a fascinating subject” it would change you naturally, without you even knowing it.

I’m considering the Draconian path myself, and I’ve also learnt the hard way how important it is to constrain the scope of awareness to you and yourself exclusively- where you are and where you’re going. NOTHING ELSE.

Any additional factors will only dilute the power of your focus, while throwing unnecessary obstacles into the mix.

Learning to notice the difference between your soul speaking to you verses an old belief system squawking at you will get easier to discern over time, and

There’s also a strong momentum that builds as you make new choices from your more authentic self.

If you’ve felt the call to explore the Draconian path, and you’re on here talking about it, your doing a lot more transformative work on your identity then you probably realize.

Sometimes with Magick- the less “critical thinking” and “self analysis” the better

1 Like

[quote=“Biosynth, post:4, topic:8203”]How about this. You clean yourself out. There is no “not being your true self.” Forget all the fancy truth seeker stuff it complicates things. So you cleanly Deprogram what yoh want. Then you go through the process of whatever you want. This is your true self because you want it. Go with desire/instinct.

Make life about Living it, and not all about trying to figure out how to live it. That just wastes time.[/quote]

Yup - clean yourself out.

I’m still doing it via self hypnosis programs from this site [url=http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/]http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/[/url] (I’m not affiliated to them in anyway)

I thought I would only need a couple of them but years later I’m still going through them! Rest assured I’ve cleared out a lot of crap and it’s totally changed my world view and it’s only now that I feel i’m getting close to my true nature/self.

dont know if you are still on this site but, whats the point in going onto the left hand path for personal power if our identity is just going to be changed and we can no longer seek what we once wanted before obtaining the power or new insights

No. But I believe dangerous situations and opposing everything society currently stands for, defends and promotes breaks the conditioning you mentioned because it is the polar opposite of what you have been taught to believe. When this conditioning is broken you have an unobstructed view of yourself. You may learn that your true self agrees with the current society or you may not, but that is your business.

1 Like

Do you believe the Draconian Path could help us reveal our true self?

No not really, you should already have understanding of what you are, in your body, and your conciounsess without body…

Sometimes I meditate and believe I’m not in the right path,

Then dont meditate, value of meditation in dragonic practices aint really that much… you will learn selfhypnosis and selfposession(invoking your godsoul to your physical body) pretty soon…

I’m planning to buy the book Past-Life Memories by Richard Webster.

Then forget dragons :smiley: what does it matter who the fuck you were or think you were or been told by demon who you were matters in this lifetime… NO-ONE cannot PROVE that you were somebody in past existence, just get over it…

I would like some day to start working with the Draconian Current.

start trying to telepathically communicate with living beings, NOT so much DEITIES, keep few years like this, just communicate and fuck with living, and dragonmothers crawl to you whenever you want them to afterwards :stuck_out_tongue:

Like koetting for example, and asenath too but she is busy…

Start living new life if you want real spirituality or dragonism… kill you past, leave source(by will), start living as completly new being (0 year) because past is just delusion before you can get “back to the source” when you die…