The darker side of the Fae?

Is there a darker side to them? I think I have read somewhere that there is fae of the death current, is that true? If so then I would assume they would be around graveyards and maybe dead plants. What are some sources covering this?

2 Likes

Yes.

No clue. Maybe?

That’s likely. My suggestion? Go out into nature. Connect with them. Then again, now that I think of it, I know a faery that can teach necromancy.

2 Likes

The unseelie court.

3 Likes

Faeries are, by nature, one of the lowest creatures/spirits from the Earth/Nature plane. They are the closest to the Death/Demon entities, but that doesn’t mean they are around graveyards/belong to Hell.
They are destructive and mischievous creatures. They like danger, adrenaline and do naughty things to other entities or people.
If you want an easy simil for it, think about Tinkerbell from Peter Pan (Disney movie). That bloody faery wanted Wendy dead.
That is actually a very accurate representation of a faery spirit.
Obviously there are lower ones and higher ones, so it is a matter of contacting with them, but carefully.
I would use evocation instead of invocation to grt in touch with one, as they can be hard to bend or cooperate happily with a human unless you have a previous afinnity to them.

4 Likes

Where did you learn these things if you don’t mind me asking? Its difficult finding decent information online about them.

2 Likes

I’m not aware of Necromantic fae - human ghosts and fae haven’t mixed company in my experience, but there always room for something new.

Read the folklore of various countries, and read between the lines, that’s where the info on the fae is.
Not Grimm, anything modern or xtian. The old stories not dressed up with morals where they’re still called the Good Folk or the Fair Folk - which is a name given to appease them. The stories collected by Winifred Finlay are the best I’ve found for the British Isles - they’re out of print so you’d have to look on ebay.

They’re a free willed people like humans, but nothing is denser and lower than a human, we’re at the bottom of the heap.
So like people they can be nice or nasty, but unlike people they always have a reason - you don’t really get fae psychopaths, as far as I’m aware. A human psycho will torture an innocent with no feeling except that it makes them feel superior and all living beings are objects to them - it doesn’t get darker than that.
The fae are not animals and don’t have instinctive torturous behaviour like, say, cats, but they can really (really, really) hate humans because of the damage to nature that we do just making a home to live in.

Those fae that hate humans are ‘unseelie’. Stay away from them.
No, Tinkerbell isn’t anything like a real fae, but is like a fae with glamour on that want’s to get on with you - so if you see one like that consider it either a friendly sign, or a ‘it’s trying to trick you’ sign, could go either way. They don’t look anything like humans without glamour.

10 Likes

Fiona Broome is an eminence in Faery investigation.
Father Barrabas has also some info about them.

3 Likes

The question just popped into my mind so I asked. As for the death current part, I can’t remember where I found that.

1 Like

Morrigan is the goddess of death. Also called queen of the fae realm, or is called a fae herself in some sources. Hecate teaches necromancy and associates with dark fae. It’s a tenuous link, but hope it helps.

6 Likes

I didn’t know about the Morrigans relation to the far, but I did know she was a goddess of death. I also knew about Hecate. Thanks!

2 Likes

YES

The Fae can be dangerous if you aren’t careful. There are tons of myths on the subject. Long story short, don’t fuck with the fae.

2 Likes

Research the unseelie court of the fae. Those with a darker temperament would be there.

4 Likes

Agreed that’s where they should go.

2 Likes

I am researching the unseelie as we speak but I would also like to hear your view on them, if you don’t mind sharing. :smile:

2 Likes

Check out Brian Froud’s Good Fairys Bad Fairys. Gives you a good idea lol

5 Likes

I already have. Im gonna buy them for Christmas money :+1:

2 Likes

@anon48079295 has connections with them. Read his profile

1 Like

Unseelie don’t hate humans, they’re just the group that are looser in morality than the seelie, but seelie and unseelie alike will make your life hell if they wanted or you mess with them. Unseelie are just less tolerable as in their fuse tend to be shorter than the seelie. Individually however, some may hate humans some may not but that goes for both seelie and unseelie. Unseelie were part of the Seelie until they chose to create their own group one kingdom became two so to speak, then there’s also the group that doesn’t align with seelie or unseelie and are just a kind of “free for all” group.

3 Likes

A group who do not follow the seelie or unseelie, and no the Tuatha de danann are the Gods of the Celtic pantheon. Children of Danu, including the Morrigan. Talking to the Morrigan will connect you to the fae that follow her, but not all the fae in that pantheon. Just as Cernunnos has fae under him, The Morrigan, Belenos, Brigit, Epona, have theirs, same with the seelie and unseelie Kings and Queens who have fae under them.

6 Likes

They are all dangerous. They won’t do anything for free and are hard to develop a relationship with

2 Likes