The Cool Music Thread

Recently I discovered the ancient instrument erhu.

1 Like

1 Like

This is poems by Aleister Crowley translated into Russian and put to music. I assume some will like it. I think it is an awesome album.

1 Like

lately going back in time with music… or…

2 Likes

OK one more oldie but unusually good… its so old I wasn’t born yet. lol I’d wager this kind of harmonica sound is not familiar to most people nowadays. Maybe it could help connect someone to their more recent ancestors? it does for me.

I actually remember this on our old black and white TV. I’m showing my age. Anyway it is funny as hell… to me. (music isn’t bad once they really start though)

2 Likes
1 Like

I really like the first track.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

i play this whenever i’m feeling especially…
…something.

4 Likes

It makes me think of a thousand chaotic babies falling from the sky, who have come to gnaw on my ribs and put roses in my eyes. That is … that is … yes. Hm. I like it, somehow.

2 Likes

very interesting imagery! :rofl:

2 Likes

I think some Wooden Veil is appropriate after that. They have made this one album:

2 Likes

i’m drunk enough to spin weird shit… let’s see what they got :sunglasses:

1 Like

reminds me of family gatherings where i’d spend the entire time being anti-social and bitter :joy:

1 Like

i used to hate the harpsichord… until i heard this!

1 Like

Yes, me too, such a unique sound, nothing like that these days too much rappy happy etc… lol thanks.

1 Like

I like your taste in classical. Very nice. I’m more a Vivaldi gal, since college days, it vibes for me… but you’re so right this is so brilliant and lovely.

2 Likes

I have been listening to quite a lot of classical music from the Baltic states in the last year or so. It is surprising how many good composers there are, especially in Estonia but also Lithuania and Latvia. When there are some folk roots involved, I often like it. The world of classical music is still something a little new to me. Santa Ratniece, Lepo Sumera, Nikolai Korndorf, Kate Moore and Emily Doolittle are some of the composers I really like so far.

2 Likes

Kate Moore:

Santa Ratniece:

Emily Doolittle:

Nikolai Korndorf:

1 Like